Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joya's Jump School of Doom!(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Shim and Pers, how art thou?
    Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand :) Working away and listening to the new Ahab album, it's mighty stuff!
    It goes well Shim. I slept alot! Just having a coffee now and watching the world go by. How are you?
    That sounds lovely :) I'm just after getting a bucket of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Brother's gf is staying here again tonight. I'm thrilled as you can imagine..

I think I'll have a Netflix night, keep out of their way. Think I'll watch something funny to cheer myself up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

My oldest son got sick a bit and it made me feel sick too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Well I hope he buys you popcorn and coke.......

How you figured it's a he :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Joya wrote: »
    How you figured it's a he :P

aha! so it is :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Shiminay wrote: »
    Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand :) Working away and listening to the new Ahab album, it's mighty stuff!

Good good!! Listening to a bit of moosik myself. Bit of an electic mix though :pac:
    Brother's gf is staying here again tonight. I'm thrilled as you can imagine..

I think I'll have a Netflix night, keep out of their way. Think I'll watch something funny to cheer myself up a bit.

Is she not gone to France yet?

Mozzeltoff wrote:
    Is she not gone to France yet?
    Nope, she's not going now apparently.

That sounds lovely :) I'm just after getting a bucket of tea.

You really are some man for the tay Shim :) Ahab? I've never heard of them. Heavy?

aha! so it is :D

hmm , maybe :p

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Shim and Pers, how art thou?

Hello Mozzeltoff. Your name makes me smile :)

• Advertisement

You really are some man for the tay Shim :) Ahab? I've never heard of them. Heavy?

I'd die without it! :P

Ahab are very heavy funeral doom stuff. Very much an acquired taste :) The first album of theirs I got into is a retelling of Moby Dick called "Call Of The Wretched Sea." This new one is based off the book "The Boats of The 'Glen Carrig.'"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's ladies day in the Lair! :p

I was just suit shopping as it happens!

KKkitty wrote: »
    My oldest son got sick a bit and it made me feel sick too.

sorry to hear that kitty, what is wrong with him

I was just suit shopping as it happens!
    Ooh did you get something nice? :D

Ahab are very heavy funeral doom stuff. Very much an acquired taste :) The first album of theirs I got into is a retelling of Moby Dick called "Call Of The Wretched Sea." This new one is based off the book "The Boats of The 'Glen Carrig.'"

Was it yourself that sent me a link of their stuff before? I liked it!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ahab is a bit of a point of pride for me, I introduced a few boardsies to them a good while back and was glad they liked them :D I can't even remember how I found out about them though, they probably popped up on last.fm or something one day.

Well in my youth I did listen to, ahem, Cradle of Filth. Now it's all melodic shoe gazing troubadour stuff. Don't judge me :p Josienne Clarke and my absolute favourites Julia and Angus Stone.

I first got into Ahab after seeing them live at Roadburn, they were powerful live! Saw Year of No Light that year too, another fantastic and more melodic doom band.

Cradle of Filth Perse - sure what harm? I once owned a 2Unlimited album on tape :p

How goes the afternoon guys?

I went for a walk to pass some time

How goes the afternoon guys?

I went for a walk to pass some time

Tidied the room and threw some clothes into the wash. That's about all the chores I am doing today..just can't be arsed!!

• Advertisement

Mozzeltoff wrote:
    Tidied the room and threw some clothes into the wash. That's about all the chores I am doing today..just can't be arsed!!
    Dead right Mozz. Have a rest. You probably have a hectic weekend ahead at work. :)

Dead right Mozz. Have a rest. You probably have a hectic weekend ahead at work. :)

Just tomorrow!! I am off again Sunday thankfully!!!

It's being slowing down a good bit but there's horse racing again in Killarney so that means there's a few around for it! Plus we have a few tours on for the next few days to top it all off!!

Ehh..not worth thinking about!! :pac: Just going to enjoy the rest of the evening :)

Mozzeltoff wrote:
    Just tomorrow!! I am off again Sunday thankfully!!!

It's being slowing down a good bit but there's horse racing again in Killarney so that means there's a few around for it! Plus we have a few tours on for the next few days to top it all off!!

Ehh..not worth thinking about!! Just going to enjoy the rest of the evening
    Ooh nice. :D

Nice to be busy though. Are you enjoying the work?

You can use "I have Sunday off" to get though your shift tomorrow. :p

Ooh nice. :D

Nice to be busy though. Are you enjoying the work?

You can use "I have Sunday off" to get though your shift tomorrow. :p

I do enjoy a lot of it but it does get pretty tiresome real quick. Plus when you have a manager or two who seem to think the world is going to implode if you have a small **** up, you wouldn't be long getting worn out from it. Not that I **** up a lot or anything :o

I am definitely using that as my mantra tomorrow :D Give me something to look forward to :pac:

Mozzeltoff wrote:
    I do enjoy a lot of it but it does get pretty tiresome real quick. Plus when you have a manager or two who seem to think the world is going to implode if you have a small **** up, you wouldn't be long getting worn out from it. Not that I **** up a lot or anything
    I think most places have a manager or two like that. I think they enjoy throwing a hissy fit tbh.
    Mozzeltoff wrote:
    I am definitely using that as my mantra tomorrow Give me something to look forward to
    :D

I can't stand people like tbh and these particular managers know it. Just have to get on with it though. Most of the time they stay out of the way but I know they'll be buzzing around like blue arsed flies tomorrow :pac:

So they'll play up on the fact that it's busy? Grr. Idiots.

Ohh they're constantly at it girl!! Just best to ignore them and keep going!!

Nowhere is that "managers being gobshtes" nonsense more prevalent in my experience than the hospitality game.

• Advertisement

Mozzeltoff wrote:
    Ohh they're constantly at it girl!! Just best to ignore them and keep going!!
    Yeah don't give them the satisfaction of making you react.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement