Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joya's Jump School of Doom!(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

How goes your night Paws?.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

All good here. I have hot chocolate, a blanket, a hot water bottle and you guys! :D

How about yourself?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tea at work, all pretty calm for now thankfully, usual bits and bobs all. Reading a few articles I saved during week later.

Tea at work, all pretty calm for now thankfully, usual bits and bobs all. Reading a few articles I saved during week later.

Sounds good. I'm watching Cats Make You LOL :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm playing X-Com Long War, long being the operative word, I foresee 40 hours of play on this run through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

I'm back. evening all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭stereomatic

Stereo, I'm on my phone with piss poor signal so can't take part I'm afraid.. I am going to stare at my work list for a little while instead.

Bit late responding Grem my lap top is almost as fast as dial up
    (a bit of hyperbole never hurt anyone :pac:)

I might do a similar type of quiz later on this year, it was a bit of fun even if there was only 1.33 competitors that took part

Just realised what I wrote, didn't mean the poor signal you had was an exaggeration :o

How's all in the Jump School

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

How's all in the Jump School

How's our StereoM?

Welcome back Atc, Shim and Stereo..

Stereo my phone is just not up to keeping up to boards with the signal here and the fact that my phone is getting tired.

• Advertisement

Cats are funny

:pac:

Sorry about that post I'd only realised what I wrote which was about the speed of my lap top and thought I better edit that post in case it was misinterpreted and as a result I probably made it worse :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

thanks grem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Gonna turn in. Night

Night Hugo.

Hi all.

Hi ya Paws, atc and Hugo

What's this about turning in, the nights only begun

Night Hugo mon, sleep well and long.. ;)

Stereo, no insult taken, all is well.. Didn't know live quizzes ran. If I'm home for one I might look in..

I tried looking at your quiz earlier Stereo, I had literally no idea what was going on. How on earth is it supposed to work?

I don't think live quizes were tried before so I thought I'd try it and see what would happen using the thank thank function for true or false questions and the poll function for multiple choice questions

ah. My suggestion would be separate thread for every question. Makes everything clear and leaves no room for mistakes and misunderstandings. The Thanks for True is a solid idea though, that works. Just get everyone who's playing to post "Answered" or something on the thread to register that they've answered - even if you're doing that, you don't need True for Thanks. Next time you wanna run one hit up my work account, I can give you your own forum and let you mod it so you can have greater control over it :)

• Advertisement

Oh I just thought it'd be done using the pm system..

Shiminay wrote: »
    I tried looking at your quiz earlier Stereo, I had literally no idea what was going on. How on earth is it supposed to work?

I was trying to use all the various options available for this quiz and had originally intended for 4 rounds to exist. I don't think I explained myself well on the thread especially for the 3rd round that didn't happen

Would anybody like to the 3rd round here :)

Oh I just thought it'd be done using the pm system..

That was the 4th and final round

Shiminay wrote: »
    ah. My suggestion would be separate thread for every question. Makes everything clear and leaves no room for mistakes and misunderstandings. The Thanks for True is a solid idea though, that works. Just get everyone who's playing to post "Answered" or something on the thread to register that they've answered - even if you're doing that, you don't need True for Thanks. Next time you wanna run one hit up my work account, I can give you your own forum and let you mod it so you can have greater control over it :)
    I was thinking of a number of ideas for a quiz that hadn't been tried yet to see how it would work out and to see if I were to do another similar quiz how it could be improved

Ah I see. Must be a little tricky running it.. Fair play to ya as plenty around here would probably like that..

The great thing at the moment stereo is that we're only a few short weeks away from being free of the bullsht that is VBulletin as our platform and we will be able to build things like quizzes if I can make a business case for them and show that it could be something we can drive engagement with - so not only this sort of thing you're running, but competitions on the site, raffles for prizes from the Talk To forums etc, all that can be incorporated into a "quiz" project. I may get a hold of you to spec something out for the future :D

I like the idea of my own personal fiefdom ahem I mean my own forum :pac:

I thought re-edits were meant to quote the reason for re-editing I wrote down for the re-edit "forgot to add pacman"

Gonna hit the sack, catch ye later

• Advertisement

NN Stereo.

I'm just after stopping an alien rampage across South Africa, it was unpleasant. My Rocket Launcher equipped soldier was brought back from the dead by my Medic and will be out of action for 38 days! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement