Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joya's Jump School of Doom!(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

How are we all?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ahhh great your making the coffee is it :D?

Ya shnake ya :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

I'm still on the first bus to work lol
    And I "work" from ehm.. 10 lol...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm oKay, how are you folks?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Obviously being up late indulging in steamy shenanigans has you worn out Joya :p

Hello to the rest of you.

I have the joy of typing up what happened this weekend to cause the site to fall over. Being the only one in the company who speaks both fluent tech and muggle, I get all these fun jobs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Poor hamsters were over worked at the weekend, no wonder the site went down (behave Paws) :P

Also just out of sheer curiousity, how will Boards run when it comes off the vBulletin platform?? I assume there is another platform ready and waiting to host the site.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Shiminay wrote: »
    Obviously being up late indulging in steamy shenanigans has you worn out Joya :p

Hello to the rest of you.

I have the joy of typing up what happened this weekend to cause the site to fall over. Being the only one in the company who speaks both fluent tech and muggle, I get all these fun jobs :D

Best , and worst, of both worlds, eh? :P

yes, among other things :eek:

:D

btw love when this happens and i come to an empty office happy.gif
    its like o thank you lord :d))

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Joya wrote: »
    yes, among other things :eek:

btw love when this happens and i come to an empty office happy.gif
    its like o thank you lord :d))

What else has you worn out ? :pac:

i believe it is still morning time? unsure.gif :pac:

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Also just out of sheer curiousity, how will Boards run when it comes off the vBulletin platform?? I assume there is another platform ready and waiting to host the site.

We've been building our own. The Database schema won't be changing, but we've got our own api which sits on top of it and the new website all runs off that. The apps and the Talk To Forums already use it, so it's been a work in progress for quite a while.

i believe it is still morning time? unsure.gif :pac:

Batteries? ;) :eek: :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Angron and Persepoly need hugs by the look of sad faces. Hope you two are ok.. Just back up after a nap. Exhausted but into dog on couch for snuggles..

Angron and Persepoly need hugs by the look of sad faces. Hope you two are ok.. Just back up after a nap. Exhausted but into dog on couch for snuggles..

Thanks Grem. My dad came home yesterday after having a complicated hip replacement. It's tough going I must say. How are you doing?

Batteries? ;) :eek: :p

exactly, you are so very wise mister :D

edit: sorry to hear about your dad pers, hope he will feel better soon and that all went well with the op : ).. hugs from me too : ))

free hugs from me today to everyone who need them : ))

359830.PNG

exactly, you are so very wise mister :D

edit: sorry to hear about your dad pers, hope he will feel better soon and that all went well with the op : ).. hugs from me too : ))

free hugs from me today to everyone who need them : ))

359830.PNG

Thanks Joya x Good things will happen soon I'm sure of it!

Thanks Grem. My dad came home yesterday after having a complicated hip replacement. It's tough going I must say. How are you doing?

That sounds like rough going - he's probably frustrated as hell at having restricted mobility, yea?

*moar hugs*

That sounds like rough going - he's probably frustrated as hell at having restricted mobility, yea?

*moar hugs*

I love hugs! :) Big time Shim. He's so independent that this has knocked him for six. But I know he will be right as rain in a few weeks. It's just myself here so I tend to worry. Alot.

That's all perfectly normal though Persepoly, you should be worried about him, especially if he's the independent sort who'll be so restless lying in bed all day. A few frustrating weeks ahead for the pair of ye, might be no harm in saying to him "hey, I know you're going to be pissed off and I'm the only one you can take it out on, but that'll make me pissed off and you'll be the only one *I* can take it out on, so lets just get through these few weeks and not hold any grudges when we call one another whatever names" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Sorry to hear that, P. *hugs*

• Advertisement

That's all perfectly normal though Persepoly, you should be worried about him, especially if he's the independent sort who'll be so restless lying in bed all day. A few frustrating weeks ahead for the pair of ye, might be no harm in saying to him "hey, I know you're going to be pissed off and I'm the only one you can take it out on, but that'll make me pissed off and you'll be the only one *I* can take it out on, so lets just get through these few weeks and not hold any grudges when we call one another whatever names" :)

Ah we do indeed have that kind of understanding :p

When I read your message for a second I was like 'who the hell is Persepoly'! :D

Half tempted to request a name change again. Torn between Kargos Bloodspitter (another World Eater character from 40k and also my name on Steam), and Sigismund (Imperial Fists badass from 40k as well).

hahaha, the dangers of an alternate secret identity :P

Angron wrote: »
    Half tempted to request a name change again. Torn between Kargos Bloodspitter (another World Eater character from 40k and also my name on Steam), and Sigismund (Imperial Fists badass from 40k as well).

I like Angron. It reminds me of Aragon which in turn reminds me of Vigo Mortensen :p

hahaha, the dangers of an alternate secret identity :P

I was going to go with Miss Havisham but thought better of it. :)

I like Angron. It reminds me of Aragon which in turn reminds me of Vigo Mortensen :p

Angron is a simple demi-God, of simple pleasures. Violent slaughter, taking skulls, and general bloody mayhem.

For all the bluntness of the character, there's been hints in the books of what lay beneath, and it's interesting to think of what might have been if he hadn't had the architecture of his brain ruined by the Butcher's Nails (devices hammered into his skull as a child that made him crave bloodshed and itched and gave him tics and nosebleeds when he wasn't fighting).

Well he's a Primarch, so created to be a demi-god. Who knows what that environment without the Butcher's Nails would have forged?

There's one thing that seems clear to me, The Emperor knew he had to pit brothers against brothers and I think the Alpha Legion might be the only ones with any real idea of what's actually at stake.

Well he's a Primarch, so created to be a demi-god. Who knows what that environment without the Butcher's Nails would have forged?

There's one thing that seems clear to me, The Emperor knew he had to pit brothers against brothers and I think the Alpha Legion might be the only ones with any real idea of what's actually at stake.

He had a strong loyalty to those he thought deserved it, which mainly seemed to be his fellow Gladiators from Desh'ea. Honour too, though the Nails gradually warped that.

I still think, despite his bull headed faults, that Russ was the better of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Poor hamsters were over worked at the weekend, no wonder the site went down (behave Paws)
    Hehe ;)
    Hope your dad recovers quickly Persepoly :)

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    Angron is a simple demi-God, of simple pleasures. Violent slaughter, taking skulls, and general bloody mayhem.

For all the bluntness of the character, there's been hints in the books of what lay beneath, and it's interesting to think of what might have been if he hadn't had the architecture of his brain ruined by the Butcher's Nails (devices hammered into his skull as a child that made him crave bloodshed and itched and gave him tics and nosebleeds when he wasn't fighting).

What are the books?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement