Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joya's Jump School of Doom!(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

Good evening :)

Good evening Lady Paws!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Good evening Lady Paws!!
    Hi Persepoly, how are you doing? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

What sort of show is that Links?

It's very hard to describe...

It takes place 1000 years into the future after the collapse of civilization, and starts off following a group of school children who live in an idyllic villiage where everyone has psychokenetic powers, but there are rumours of children disappearing and huge cat-like beast that stalks the villiage. It follows the children who grow as the storyline progresses, and they find out more about the world and the secrets behind their society. It's absolutely masteful in the way the story unfolds, the sense of mystery is incredible.

Be seriously careful of spoilers if you're even thinking about watching it though.

Links234 wrote: »
    It's very hard to describe...

It takes place 1000 years into the future after the collapse of civilization, and starts off following a group of school children who live in an idyllic villiage where everyone has psychokenetic powers, but there are rumours of children disappearing and huge cat-like beast that stalks the villiage. It follows the children who grow as the storyline progresses, and they find out more about the world and the secrets behind their society. It's absolutely masteful in the way the story unfolds, the sense of mystery is incredible.

Be seriously careful of spoilers if you're even thinking about watching it though.

That sounds really amazing! Where can I find it? Netflix?

Hi Persepoly, how are you doing? :)

I'm good thanks Paws. Having a lovely easy night :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hehe Links. Spotted you had posted in the easy on the eye thread and said it can only be bunny...

I'm good thanks Paws. Having a lovely easy night
    Ah good. Same here. Sitting drinking tea at the moment :D

Ah good. Same here. Sitting drinking tea at the moment :D

I do love a good sit. Are you going to the picnic Paws?

That sounds really amazing! Where can I find it? Netflix?

I think it might be on Netflix, I don't know, I don't use Netflix myself. I know it's definitely on Crunchyroll though, and guest passes are found fairly easy too, so you can watch in HD without ads. Here you are, Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) Episode 1 – The Season of New Leaves.

It really is incredible, the storytelling is second to none, and as the overarching plot is revealed, as secrets are peeled away, the sense of dread you get is unbelievable. It's amazing that a show can start off like this:

And yet get even darker. So much darker...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

how ye :)

• Advertisement

I do love a good sit. Are you going to the picnic Paws?
    I am indeed, heading with my brother and some of our friends. Think we have about ten in the group altogether. Cannot wait. How about yourself?

I am indeed, heading with my brother and some of our friends. Think we have about ten in the group altogether. Cannot wait. How about yourself?

That'll be a mad one so :) Oh no. To auld for tents and thousands of people Paws. My best friend tells me that I should definitely give it a shot again because my first and last experience of it was with an ex and I wasn't myself at all that weekend :/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm watching Narcos - it's the story of Pablo Escobar. It's rather good.

I too have a cuppa tea. Wild Saturday night is afoot!

That'll be a mad one so Oh no. To auld for tents and thousands of people Paws. My best friend tells me that I should definitely give it a shot again because my first and last experience of it was with an ex and I wasn't myself at all that weekend :/
    Yeah it should be! Last year I may have been slightly drunk by about 2pm on the Friday... :eek:

Oh you should. Something similar happened to me. Myself and the ex were arguing for the entire weekend one year (whatever year that The Killers were playing) and I spent the whole weekend stupidly wanting to disappear and be on my own. Like you, I really wasn't myself and I let him ruin the whole experience. Definitely consider going next year. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

I'm back. Epic episode of casualty :D

The first time I ever went camping was in France at a metal festival. I would be afraid to do it in Ireland cause the weather here couldn't possibly work right. It was 20+ degrees for the weekend, I was in dire need of some cold weather.

And now my brother's ticket has gone missing. ****ing wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Run Paws, before the **** storm starts

Of course it's going to be my fault. They were in my room, he said he was taking his one day ages ago to leave with his gf's one and now he insists I have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well stand your ground, and tell him it's his own fault, now he may not like, but tough ****, tell him to suck it up & deal with it...

Harsh yes, but sounds like he needs a size whatever shoe you up the backside.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Honestly that lad needs a minder Paws, can't blame you for your frustration.

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Well stand your ground, and tell him it's his own fault, now he may not like, but tough ****, tell him to suck it up & deal with it...
    I know I don't have it and I know I'm not meant to have it. He's far too bloody scatterbrained, ffs.
    Honestly that lad needs a minder Paws, can't blame you for your frustration.
    I'm going to kill him. Honestly.

I think it might be on Netflix, I don't know, I don't use Netflix myself. I know it's definitely on Crunchyroll though, and guest passes are found fairly easy too, so you can watch in HD without ads. Here you are, Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) Episode 1 – The Season of New Leaves.

It really is incredible, the storytelling is second to none, and as the overarching plot is revealed, as secrets are peeled away, the sense of dread you get is unbelievable. It's amazing that a show can start off like this:

And yet get even darker. So much darker...

I'm not at all familiar with Anime but I have seen a few films that I loved. That clip is impressive. Thanks :)

I'm not at all familiar with Anime but I have seen a few films that I loved. That clip is impressive. Thanks :)

I have been known to like some anime from time to time. What films did you love?

And now my brother's ticket has gone missing. ****ing wonderful.

Oh Lord. You need to not let this have anything at all to do with you. Easier said than done I know :(

Oh Lord. You need to not let this have anything at all to do with you. Easier said than done I know
    I will try but this will fall back on me like everything else always does.

I have been known to like some anime from time to time. What films did you love?

Spirited Away :)

I will try but this will fall back on me like everything else always does.

Ahh :( Home is 'supposed' to be our solace but that's often not the case x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

boo-urns to that pp :(

• Advertisement

Evening all, how're things?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement