Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joya's Jump School of Doom!(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Oh, I'm not opposed to them in principle at all, and I'm very happy to hear it's not all sexual assault and horror stories, but you are the first woman I know to ever say it's been a positive experience Perse. Friends and a great year sounds like a good exchange for anyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

finished off my chapter, woop :D

Shiminay wrote: »
    Oh, I'm not opposed to them in principle at all, and I'm very happy to hear it's not all sexual assault and horror stories, but you are the first woman I know to ever say it's been a positive experience Perse. Friends and a great year sounds like a good exchange for anyone :)

I do get frustrated with it at times and am often plagued by the ridiculous but overall it's been a really interesting experience. To be honest Shim I might be the only woman I know who feels this way. Oddly enough :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Not opposed to the concept either but my personal experience was far from positive. It's very disheartening and patronising to be told that you just need to relax when you refuse to meet up with someone for a quick shag in a hotel. I'm not saying they're a bad thing necessarily, just definitely not for me. :o

Not opposed to the concept either but my personal experience was far from positive. It's very disheartening and patronising to be told that you just need to relax when you refuse to meet up with someone for a quick shag in a hotel. I'm not saying they're a bad thing necessarily, just definitely not for me. :o

I understand that Paws.

I could sit in a pub on a Saturday night and be invisible. Being chatted up or asked out in real life just doesn't happen for me. It's all about doing what feels right for you :) x

• Advertisement

Doesn't happen for me either Persepoly. Although I have been asked out for a joke. I knew because his friends were standing behind him giggling as he was trying not to p1ss himself laughing. That actually happened twice. I genuinely don't seem to get noticed, but it's much better than being laughed at.

I understand that Paws.

I could sit in a pub on a Saturday night and be invisible. Being chatted up or asked out in real life just doesn't happen for me. It's all about doing what feels right for you :) x
    Doesn't happen for me either Persepoly. Although I have been asked out for a joke. I knew because his friends were standing behind him giggling as he was trying not to p1ss himself laughing. That actually happened twice. I genuinely don't seem to get noticed, but it's much better than being laughed at.

I don't get that at all, you're both lookers!

Maybe I'm giving off some sort of vibe without knowing it. I honestly don't get a second look.

Edit: Thanks Shim :)

don't get a second look here too..

Pr**ck!!!!!!!! Wtf is wrong with some people! I'm sorry that happened to you Paws. I've never met you but I don't doubt for a minute that you're lovely :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I don't get a look in either. Bald and fat isn't a good look!

I don't get that at all, you're both lookers!

Well I'm just me :) But I do have a few theories as to the lack of interest coming my way.

*hugs ATC*
    Pr**ck!!!!!!!! Wtf is wrong with some people! I'm sorry that happened to you Paws. I've never met you but I don't doubt for a minute that you're lovely
    Yeah... I won't lie, it really hurt. Awh gosh, thanks Persepoly.
    There's someone out there for us all Hugo :)

Hugs to you too ATC :)

And more hugs for Hugo :)

thanks for the hugs pp and perse

I've only had one bf, and the relationship didn't end well. Nobody has given me a second look since and he's had a kid. Strange how things work out tbh.

The Swansea manager is the spitting image of Alan Tudyk! :eek:

I've only had one bf, and the relationship didn't end well. Nobody has given me a second look since and he's had a kid. Strange how things work out tbh.

The Swansea manager is the spitting image of Alan Tudyk! :eek:

Well Paws we always have the Lair :)

Well Paws we always have the Lair

That is true. :)

You guys are all awesome. :D

dinner time :)

Only had one relationship myself, started out great but he grew controlling over time. Constantly being accused of being unfaithful etc. In the end I couldn't take it anymore and ended the relationship.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Well I have my theory that the ratio of assholes has increased a lot in recent years so it's like trying to make your way through the jungle without a machete. Have a sulk day now and again but don't give in to them!.

Only had one relationship myself, started out great but he grew controlling over time. Constantly being accused of being unfaithful etc. In the end I couldn't take it anymore and ended the relationship.
    Being single is so much better than being in an unhappy or controlling relationship ATC :)
    Well I have my theory that the ratio of assholes has increased a lot in recent years so it's like trying to make your way through the jungle without a machete. Have a sulk day now and again but don't give in to them!.
    I agree with your theory Grem. :)

Definitely won't be giving in though. I'm not changing for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

evening folks.

Sunday blues have not kicked in yet, may be the alcohol helping that.
    :D

well said grem :) Definitely will try not to give in to them, although sometimes feel I'm having an uphill battle with my own mind but I'll keep on fighting *rawr*
    Being single is so much better than being in an unhappy or controlling relationship ATC :)
    I agree with your theory Grem. :)

Definitely won't be giving in though. I'm not changing for anyone.

tis very true pp :)

dinner time :)

Fair play for walking away ATC. Many people remain in unhappy relationships. Like I said earlier on, good things are coming :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I tend to count my mind as one of the assholes at times tbh. We are not a country for self confidence in general and it's not actively encouraged much either..

tis very true pp
    :)
    Fair play for walking away ATC. Many people remain in unhappy relationships. Like I said earlier on, good things are coming
    I agree, walking away was very brave and very smart. I wish I'd been the same.

My house guests have headed off so I can finally get back to my usual routine of desperately trying to catch up on my missing sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

My house guests have headed off so I can finally get back to my usual routine of desperately trying to catch up on my missing sleep.

I've suddenly got the urge to pop up to the big shmoke & visit Shim.

:D

• Advertisement

Fair play for walking away ATC. Many people remain in unhappy relationships. Like I said earlier on, good things are coming :)

thanks perse and pp :) I have my fingers crossed they are

very true grem..

Edit: you got yourself out of a bad situation pp and that's the main thing :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement