Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joya's Jump School of Doom!(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Angron wrote: »
    :mad:

Death metal would be my favourite genre, I particularly love the Deathgrind sub-genre with bands like Misery Index and Cattle Decapitation. Cattle Decapitation released a new album this month actually, it's giving Ahab a run for its money as my most listened to CD of the last month.

Ah, it's not a harsh criticism Angron, just more a reflection of my own evolving tastes than anything else. Doom is my preference, but Grind tickles my fancy too quite often - Pig Destroyer in particular are a massive favourite of mine. I must check the new Cattle Decapitation out. Misery Index I've seen live and they were absolutely savage! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Angron wrote:
    There's some I listen to that I know are awful, but listen for the comedic effect of their music. Google AxCx and you'll understand what I mean
    Good Lord!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Good Lord!

Exactly! :P as a band they were pretty poor, but it was funny.

AxCx features 2 or 3 members of Slipknot if memory serves?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Shiminay wrote: »
    Ah, it's not a harsh criticism Angron, just more a reflection of my own evolving tastes than anything else. Doom is my preference, but Grind tickles my fancy too quite often - Pig Destroyer in particular are a massive favourite of mine. I must check the new Cattle Decapitation out. Misery Index I've seen live and they were absolutely savage! :D
    I love that Adam Jarvis is drumming for Pig Destroyer, he's hands down my favourite drummer. I've seen Misery Index too, back in 2010 I believe. I have a tour t-shirt from the show, Pulling Out the Nails tour.

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    There's some I listen to that I know are awful, but listen for the comedic effect of their music. Google AxCx and you'll understand what I mean :pac:

Jaysus! :eek:

Angron wrote:
    Exactly! as a band they were pretty poor, but it was funny.
    Lol :p

AxCx features 2 or 3 members of Slipknot if memory serves?

I don't think so. Scott Hull from Pig Destroyer was in the band though.

I had it in my head that Joey was a member as well as what's his name that died, Paul? And Maybe Mick too, I forget.

[edit]
    Just did some reading, I was grossly misinformed it seems :)

Only other band I remember Joey being in was Murderdolls. I'm fairly sure none of the others were in AxCx, if they were it's news to me!

• Advertisement

Just switched on the kettle for tea :)

You're a star Paws!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Creme fraiche

Ah Sweet! I'm in need of a Lemsip :)

:D

Tea for all!

Ah Sweet! I'm in need of a Lemsip

And Lemsip for Creme fraiche :)

you still under the weather Cream Cheese?

you still under the weather Cream Cheese?
    Yup, now upgraded to the sniffles and sneezing stage, should be right by the weekend (hopefully).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

seems as we could share... my throat got red over the weekend and my voice went all hoarse :d)
    better now a bit, strepsils to the rescue.. , but my bosses stay away from me though i dont know why ::rolleyes:

That sucks Creme - fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

Joya wrote: »
    seems as we could share... my throat got red over the weekend and my voice went all hoarse :d)
    better now a bit, strepsils to the rescue.. , but my bosses stay away from me though i dont know why ::rolleyes:

You should see my desk, boxes of lemsips and strepsils all scathered around me. I like to think it works as a repellant :D

• Advertisement

I'm watching Rachel Allen's Cake Diaries. Her voice is irritating but the cakes look nyom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

You should see my desk, boxes of lemsips and strepsils all scathered around me. I like to think it works as a repellant :D

:pac: :D:D

Shall we all retire?? :D

I like the looks of that!

Yup, now upgraded to the sniffles and sneezing stage, should be right by the weekend (hopefully).

There won't be a bother on you! :)

I like the looks of that!

It beats my old leather recliner :p:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

How are the gang?

Well Hugo, how now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Well Hugo, how now?

Not too shabby here, thanks! How's our Shim mon?

• Advertisement

How are the gang?

Not too bad Hugo thanks. Yourself?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement