Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joya's Jump School of Doom!(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

in social now, my ticket number is 96

and it's only 37 on atm lol

Just people being irritating. I can't wait to get out of the house for Zumba later.

Hehe, durty! ;)

Oh I understand that. Staying in being drove demented is the quickest route to a bad mood.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That sounds a bit dirty great leader :p
    ;) Start as you mean to go on!
    Queenpink wrote: »
    I have already got a backlit keyboard it just has horrible colour options and it has a US keyboard layout and i would prefer an irish layout so i ordered an irish backlit keyboard which has better colours(red blue and pink) and i have a wireless mouse but im sick of buying battereies for it so i got a wired keyboard and mouse bundle on amazon :)
    US Layout does my nut, I can't de-program my brain at all whenever I have to use one *glares at Mac owners*

My keyboard comes in and out of work with me each day too cause if you're gonna spend €90 on a tool for everyday work, you may as well use it all day every day :) I have to do more typing in work anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Queenpink

i am actually the opposite-going out puts me in a bad mood.This thing does my nut in too.I am always making bad typos because i am not used to the layout cant wait to go back to normal :) I spent 35 euro in total on the mouse and keyboard which is a lot for me so i hope its worth the money.You are right to bring the keyboard with you,i would too if i worked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Just ran in to a friend in town who said "You look like your girlfriend just broke up with you, then got back together with you, and then broke your heart again". Guess that says it all for how I'm feeling.

• Advertisement

Total bargain for a set there! I have a freidn who works in Logitech's gaming section (in Cork), I was sent a mouse to test out before. I've been using their stuff for years, my current mouse is a Logitech G700 and the previous keyboard was a G15, but I wanted to make a switch to a mechanical keyboard and this one's a Coolermaster Quickfire TK. It's only 2/4 size, has a combo numpad and Home/End/Arrows which I thought would take ages to get used to, but that's been remarkably easy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Oh I understand that. Staying in being drove demented is the quickest route to a bad mood.
    Yep, it is.
    Angron wrote:
    Just ran in to a friend in town who said "You look like your girlfriend just broke up with you, then got back together with you, and then broke your heart again". Guess that says it all for how I'm feeling.
    Jeepers. What an odd thing to say. Hope you feel better soon though. :(

Shiminay wrote: »
    Total bargain for a set there! I have a freidn who works in Logitech's gaming section (in Cork), I was sent a mouse to test out before. I've been using their stuff for years, my current mouse is a Logitech G700 and the previous keyboard was a G15, but I wanted to make a switch to a mechanical keyboard and this one's a Coolermaster Quickfire TK. It's only 2/4 size, has a combo numpad and Home/End/Arrows which I thought would take ages to get used to, but that's been remarkably easy to use.

The Coolermaster Quickfire TK looks awesome good choice :) I didnt have a huge budget to work with so this set : http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00J2U3D7G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
    had to do

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dunno why, when I see shim talk about using a mechanical keyboard all I can picture is him using an old fashioned typewriter. :pac:

Angron wrote: »
    Dunno why, when I see shim talk about using a mechanical keyboard all I can picture is him using an old fashioned typewriter. :pac:

At one stage in our old office there were 4 lads using DAS keyboards with Blue switches. It sounded like a typing pool from the 70s with the clickety clack racket! Mine's got Brown switches, so it's not too bad, but definitely audible :)

• Advertisement

treated meself with some banana nutela pancake while waiting lol
    i deserved it :o

btw no 56 just...
    with this "speed" I'll get on by 4 me hopes... :(

do they like to torture poor people??

I remember when I was in the Social before, the lady I was in with was so relieved that I'd brought all of my varying bits of paperwork with me, including bits that turned out to be unnecessary. I imagine they deal with quite a lot of people that slow things down by just not having in what they are supposed to have it.

Well could be, but it also can be that they may open another desk when are so much behind...
    Only one desk open all morning...........

40e in Penneys. Beans for the rest of the week.

Joya wrote: »
    Well could be, but it also can be that they may open another desk when are so much behind...
    Only one desk open all morning...........

The staff may not be available to man that desk.

mmm just had dinner-a dinner bought in centra i microwaved.it was mashed spuds,veg and a chicken breast.Was gorgeous :) The keyboard and mouse havent arrived yet grrr

The staff may not be available to man that desk.

no they just like to torture us i'm sure of that lol
    what they'll do is they will open another desk just half hour prior to closing and deal with the rest
    couldn't they do it now and let us go then do one again?
    I think if they have 20 people in a queue they should open another desk
    this is just ridiculous not to say very sad....

no they just like to torture us i'm sure of that lol
    what they'll do is they will open another desk just half hour prior to closing and deal with the rest
    couldn't they do it now and let us go then do one again?
    I think if they have 20 people in a queue they should open another desk
    this is just ridiculous not to say very sad....

I'm sure there is a logic to their method. They are just doing a job at the end of the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Kitchen arrived already assembled, all we have to do is whip the old one out and slot in the new one. Niiiiice.

How is everyone today? There are wasps everywhere go to Battlestations!

I'm sure there is a logic to their method. They are just doing a job at the end of the day :)

Yes the logic is to blow people away from social by making us feel like sh*t

• Advertisement

Yes the logic is to blow people away from social by making us feel like sh*t

By you having to queue?

Joya you're lucky they have a queueing system tbh. The one I go to doesn't. It's a free for all.

By you having to queue?

"queue" for hours...
    as if people do not have a life to attend to regardless

paws its free here as well.. not sure if I understood lol
    btw they made queuing 'system' free years ago as you take a ticket and then past to good to get on time lol
    (it's Dublin city centre one)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

"queue" for hours...

btw they made queuing 'system' free years ago as you take a ticket and then past to good to get on time lol
    (it's Dublin city centre one)
    I had to queue for three hours before just so someone could scan my passport as they don't accept an age card as a valid form of I.D.

Did some checking up and only the Guards accept it as a valid form of I.D. and sometimes bouncers,
    totally worthless piece of plastic not worth the twenty euro to get it.

Joya wrote:
    paws its free here as well.. not sure if I understood lol btw they made queuing 'system' free years ago as you take a ticket and then past to good to get on time lol (it's Dublin city centre one)

No I meant a free for all, as in they don't give you a number and nobody knows who's next..

thank god he heard me \o/
    they've opened the second desk now :happy: :):D:D

"queue" for hours...

Having to queue doesn't mean you are being treated badly. It's a reality of life. I queue to see my doctor, queue to pay car tax, queue for a coffee, queued with my dad at his hospital appointments. The social welfare system is stifled by democracy however the staff working there don't begin their day with the soke intention of making like difficult for others.

It's not like the poor staff manning the stations there want to be dealing with cranky people who've had to throw their who day away queuing because a directive came down from head office (which in turn came from the Minister) saying "Pay and Recruitment Freeze effective immediately" for the last 4 years whist the numbers of people needing the services exploded.

Yea, it's shitty, but I'd wager that given the choice, no one working in there would want it the way it is.

No I meant a free for all, as in they don't give you a number and nobody knows who's next..

oh boi that's just "beautiful" :o

• Advertisement

Having to queue doesn't mean you are being treated badly. It's a reality of life. I queue to see my doctor, queue to pay car tax, queue for a coffee, queued with my dad at his hospital appointments. The social welfare system is stifled by democracy however the staff working there don't begin their day with the soke intention of making like difficult for others.

Oh perse fine you are happy with the system i got it lol
    I am not.
    I think it can be better is all
    much much better......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement