Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joya's Jump School of Doom!(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm not happy with it but I doubt the staff are either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Shiminay wrote: »
    It's not like the poor staff manning the stations there want to be dealing with cranky people who've had to throw their who day away queuing because a directive came down from head office (which in turn came from the Minister) saying "Pay and Recruitment Freeze effective immediately" for the last 4 years whist the numbers of people

needing the services exploded.

Yea, it's shitty, but I'd wager that given the choice, no one working in there would want it the way it is.

It's not the people who are working in social I'm talking about
    it's the system
    while' prime minister' has salary greater than us president people who have to deal with social are left to be treated like this....

Joya wrote: »
    Oh perse fine you are happy with the system i got it lol
    I am not.
    I think it can be better is all
    much much better......

I'm just making the point that queuing is just how it is sometimes. It's not used as a torture device. But of course that's just my view of it.

*farts to break tension*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

But of course that's just my view of it.
    Here is my view of it. :pac:

Back-of-the-queue.jpg

• Advertisement

I need tea

I need tea
    Just sat down with a mug. All is right with the world.

Here is my view of it. :pac:

Back-of-the-queue.jpg

No doubt the system is flawed.

If only you had some kind of magic powers :)

No doubt the system is flawed.

If only you had some kind of magic powers :)
    Oh I'm just messing around as usual, don't mind me.

How is your day going?

I'm not under tension at all paws but thanks :d

"my" view
    is based on fact that Ireland is the country in EU with biggest gap between rich and poor
    and it's not getting better in it but worse...

so yea, I believe we can do better

and I still hope you do too : o)

IE should take some social lessons from Sweden or so
    we are rich country and am sure can afford a better society...

• Advertisement

Decided to make tea. Wise decision.

ehm..
    now
    going back to work, will have to stay til 8 tonight I guess cause there is work to be done and finished lol

am looking for a cup of tea as well :)

Joya wrote:
    I'm not under tension at all paws but thanks :d
    I was referring to the atmosphere in the Lair but OK no problem

Oh I'm just messing around as usual, don't mind me.

How is your day going?

I've just been to visit my mam. She has alzheimers. She was in good form although they have increased her meds a little as she's been a bit teary eyed.

Earlier I bought nice things. Love nice things! :)
    How are you doing?

Decided to make tea. Wise decision.

Can I have some too please? :)

I've just been to visit my mam. She has alzheimers. She was in good form although they have increased her meds a little as she's been a bit teary eyed.
    Horrible, horrible disease. My Gran has it.

I was referring to the atmosphere in the Lair but OK no problem

ohh, ok :o

thanks anyway :)

Horrible, horrible disease. My Gran has it.

Oh Paws it has to be the worst :( Can I ask how long your gran has it?

Can I have some too please?
    Of course! :)

*Tea for all!*

Oh Paws it has to be the worst Can I ask how long your gran has it?
    Gosh, I'd say maybe ten years at this stage. She doesn't know anyone and she can't really formulate sentences any more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

good afternoon :)

Gosh, I'd say maybe ten years at this stage. She doesn't know anyone and she can't really formulate sentences any more.

My lovely mam was only diagnosed four years ago and she's been in a nursing home since last December. Today she knew her name but she had no clue who I was. The life I new stopped the day we found out. I console myself that she's content in her own world as I'm sure your granny is aswell x

good afternoon :)

How are you lady? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

How are you lady? :)

I'm tired but ok, had an easy day :) how are you?

sorry to hear that perse and paws.. is there any way to improve condition of that?

btw behind me desk with a nice cup of tae and some thievery corporation in the background,
    happy the social 'agony' is over and i can put it behind me :D

nw dive into some cooooooooooode for relaxation :D

My lovely mam was only diagnosed four years ago and she's been in a nursing home since last December. Today she knew her name but she had no clue who I was. The life I new stopped the day we found out. I console myself that she's content in her own world as I'm sure your granny is aswell x
    That's awful Persepoly, I'm really sorry. My Gran is 93 now so she was diagnosed quite late. It's a lot more difficult if the person is young. My Gran is in a nursing home too, she's in an Alzheimer's unit. It's one of the saddest places I've ever been to. That's really the only way to console yourself, by hoping she's content. x

Joya wrote:
    sorry to hear that perse and paws.. is there any way to improve condition of that?
    Unfortunately not. Gets progressively worse and the person you knew and loved slowly fades until you're left with a shell. :(

That's awful Persepoly, I'm really sorry. My Gran is 93 now so she was diagnosed quite late. It's a lot more difficult if the person is young. My Gran is in a nursing home too, she's in an Alzheimer's unit. It's one of the saddest places I've ever been to. That's really the only way to console yourself, by hoping she's content. x

Thanks Paws. Mam was 66. I've heard of people being diagnosed in their fifties. I tell myself that they are all happy and in a wonderful place in their heads :) x

Unfortunately not. Gets progressively worse and the person you knew and loved slowly fades until you're left with a shell. :(

aw :(

seems heartbreaking...

my father'smother suffered from dementia for few years before she died but it is different i suppose.. i remember her vaguely btw, was such a lovely gentle lady..

• Advertisement

Thanks Paws. Mam was 66. I've heard of people being diagnosed in their fifties. I tell myself that they are all happy and in a wonderful place in their heads x
    That is quite young. The youngest lady in my Gran's nursing home is 61, frightening. I'm hoping for her sake that she's happy and that it's harder for us to see her like this than it is for her to live with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement