Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joya's Jump School of Doom!(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

You're the exception to the rule for 2 accounts

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well I'm not the only one, there are various other people with a second account - if you ask admins permission and have a genuine reason for it, we might give you the thumbs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

How's everyone this afternoon?

I'm just about to have a cup of tea here. Think I'll spend the afternoon finishing my book. I was going to watch some more Louis Theroux stuff on Netflix but my brother has my laptop charger and it's not worth the argument to get it back.

New podcast episode is live :) Something fked up and the third part didn't record properly which is quite disappointing (and indeed parts 1 and 2 had some sound quality issues), but we have the first 2 bits and we might just record another later in the week :)

I might get some lunch now.

Shim I must have a listen later on :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Shiminay wrote: »
    Well I'm not the only one, there are various other people with a second account - if you ask admins permission and have a genuine reason for it, we might give you the thumbs up.
    yea, i guess i had a good reason so they let me have them both :d))

By all means Paws! We're still awaiting your arrival to the studio so we can give you that job interview we mentioned last episode!

Joya, this is it, if you do, you do, there are lots of legitimate reasons for wanting another account.

Shiminay wrote:
    By all means! We're still awaiting your arrival to the studio so we can give you that job interview we mentioned last episode!
    :eek:

I do apologise, I'll check out both episodes later. :pac:

I keep thinking that today is Monday.

ahh one of me bosses came to me to ask me how was my weekend so we talked for a bit, seems i'm not gonna be fired this time but am feeling kind-of embarrassed lol so will have to work extra hard to get on top of this game..... he didn't seem angry or anything so i guess i can relax a little now :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

howdy pals:)

• Advertisement

That's the sorta thing that'd be really harsh to result in being fired Joya - employment laws here in Ireland are set up to protect employees and not companies, so you'd have a case for legal action against them for being sacked over not getting something done outside of your contractually obligated hours.

Afternoon atc, how's the corruption of your mind? :D :P

That's the sorta thing that'd be really harsh to result in being fired Joya - employment laws here in Ireland are set up to protect employees and not companies, so you'd have a case for legal action against them for being sacked over not getting something done outside of your contractually obligated hours.

hiya shim, tis grand thanks :D seeing things in a different way :P My folks are back now and my Mom got a diagnosis of sleep apnea, least now they know. I'm waiting around here for an hour or so while Mom does work and then I'm outta here!

how are you?:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Had some lunch with a noc, getting ready to head back to Longford now, bus in about 3/4 of an hour.

tbh its my fault i promised to do something over the bank holiday weekend, i don't think i will ever do it again. when i'm done here and close the office door i want my time to be mine..

guess you learn on your mistakes :d)

ps. (of course that also mean ill try to maximize he utilisation of my time here - which im obviously NOT doing atm since i'm typing this lol :o))

I've got Sleep Apnoea too atc, CPAP machines for all! :D

As for yourself Joya, can't recommend the "leave your work in work" approach enough, I used to bring Boards stuff home with me all the time and I was told by a therapist some years ago that I was about 6 months away from total mental and nervous breakdown. There's no point killing yourself for someone else.

For a vet nurse I think bringing work home with you is sort of inevitable but it's different to most jobs. I've already brought 2 kittens home because I didn't want them to spend the weekend on their own in the clinic. :)

I'm back in apt :D woop!

Nice one ATC :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Nice one ATC :)
    Continue to think about your future entrepreneurial venture Paws. The title is important indeed! How about "Purple Paws: The Royal Pet Treatment." Purple being associated with royal. Then again, this name might fly in the UK and across the pond, but crash and burn in Éire?

**Swannie goes back to sipping java in boring offsite work meeting**

Black Swan wrote:
    Continue to think about your future entrepreneurial venture Paws. The title is important indeed! How about "Purple Paws: The Royal Pet Treatment." Purple being associated with royal. Then again, this name might fly in the UK and across the pond, but crash and burn in Éire?

I like this name! Definitely good for the UK but not sure about here. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I like this name! Definitely good for the UK but not sure about here. :D
    It would work well in the States too Paws. For some strange reason most Americans love the Royals. And you should see the increased level of pet marketing to empty nester Baby Boomers; i.e., Fancy Feast pet food, etc. You could have your Purple Paws product and service lines.

Black Swan wrote:
    It would work well in the States too Paws. For some strange reason most Americans love the Royals. And you should see the increased level of pet marketing to empty nester Baby Boomers; i.e., Fancy Fest pet food, etc.
    Will definitely keep that in mind :D

The empty nest thing is happening here too. Lots of people get pets when their kids have left etc.

Oh oh... I better get back (pretending) to paying attention at our offsite work meeting. Chat later... :D

Later Swan!

I can't believe we're heading for 1,000 posts already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Evenin' folks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hello again Links :D

Currently eating prawns with garlic, onions, and carrot. Got called on the bus saying the family was ordering Chinese, I don't know what Chinese places really have so I just told them to get me something with prawns. It's not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

That sounds nice ;)

I wish people would stop putting pictures of their children on Facebook. We get it, you love your child, but everyone doesn't need to see 25 identical photos proving this!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I wish people would stop putting pictures of their children on Facebook. We get it, you love your child, but everyone doesn't need to see 25 identical photos proving this!

That or the stream of daily selfies showing what they're wearing that day.

• Advertisement

That or the stream of daily selfies showing what they're wearing that day.
    I hate that too. I also hate the kissing their partner selfies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement