Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joya's Jump School of Doom!(Lair Thread)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

How's yourself Kitty? And Paws?

I've been playing Metal Gear Solid V quite a bit :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Links234 wrote: »
    How's yourself Kitty? And Paws?

I've been playing Metal Gear Solid V quite a bit :o

I'm good and you?

Pretty good, I'm all excited, the second mead that I've made is currently brewing away in the demijohn, the airlock bubbling mightily :D Must bottle the beer I've done tomorrow. I hate bottling day, so much work, but it's all worth it in the end. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Evening.

Allo Shiminay, how was deployment to Afghanistan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Feel a bit meh at the moment

What's up Paws?

Just feeling a bit fed up of everything tbh

Oddly enough though I've just checked my email and I had a message from the lady from the veterinary recruitment agency in the UK. She's finally booked dates to come over here (2nd and 3rd of October) and meet with vet nurses considering moving.

Well that sounds exciting! :D

I know the feeling, being fed up sucks :( I'm gonna have to pop to sleep soon myself, so nai nai folks ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Sitting here with a severe back strain. My coworkers were so cool about covering me tonight

• Advertisement

****! :eek: Hope you feel better soon Wolfie :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Got a chair massager working me over now. My word, this thing is nice

Home and in bed. Ahhhh.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Home and in bed. Ahhhh.

Sounds like you need it Shim

Sounds like you need it Shim

I have a week of work ahead of me and then 2 weeks off where I plan to do nothing except sleep and play Metal Gear Solid and maybe visit some friends.

Enjoy your vacation when it shows up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Hi-de-hi campers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Know what's great about living out on country roads? The number of morons you see nattering away on the phone while driving, because apparently if it's not a town or main road the law doesn't really apply.

Morning all, how are we?

That really annoys me too Angron. There's one woman that lives here who must wait until she's in the car to make phone calls. It's actually very unusual to see her driving while she's not on the bloody thing.

I had intended getting up earlier to go for a walk and have breakfast but I fell back asleep. Don't like when that happens.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Damn it, I think I got bitten by something, itchy little red lump on one of my wrists. Insect bites are a fecker like that, they can be tiny yokes but they'll drive you mad.

• Advertisement

Ouch. Oh they're a pain Angron. I know it's easier said than done but try not to scratch it.

Thinking of changing my mobile network. I pay 25 euro a month for 3,000 texts, 200 FlexiUnits,each of which can be used for 1 minute call time or 1MB of data, and 3,000 3 to 3 minutes. I only use about 500 texts, I never use the 3 to 3 minutes and I always use the FlexiUnits which results in me topping up by a tenner or more just to be able to make a phone call or use Facebook on my phone.

Attempting to study for the last two modules of the ECDL, but Java is being a right finicky git and not working right, making the whole thing impossible. Only have Access and Powerpoint to do now.

In the age of Viber and Whatsapp, who uses Texts anymore? :) Do a poll of your friends and neighbours Paws and find out what networks they're on and go with whoever tells you theirs is best.

Progress Angron!

Yeah. It's really tedious because I know basically all the stuff I've done so far or else have used intuition to figure other stuff out, but at least when I have the ECDL I'll have proof that I can do it rather than a vague "I'm competent with computers so I am!".

Shiminay wrote:
    In the age of Viber and Whatsapp, who uses Texts anymore? Do a poll of your friends and neighbours Paws and find out what networks they're on and go with whoever tells you theirs is best.
    True. Most of the time I use Viber myself. Most of my family are on Meteor but the signal isn't brilliant. I had a look on the website for this new ID company and the deals are pretty good. I'd like to stick with Pill Pay as well, it seems to be less hassle.

Thread re. unemployed and OAPs getting a 50 euro 'bonus' at Christmas popped up on the Most Recent list when I clicked into Boards. It's lovely to know that a huge number of people consider me to be a good for nothing scrounger. Not. They have no f**king idea how depressing and demeaning collecting a dole payment actually is. A lot of people seem to think I sit around drinking and smoking all day while planning on screwing the government out of more money. I don't want to be at home all day, I don't want to be unemployed, and I certainly don't want to feel like I'm a burden or that I'm worth less than someone who's lucky enough to have a permanent job. This is one of many reasons why I think I need to get the heck out of this country. I actually feel like crying, lately I don't know what to do with myself. I went to college for three years, I worked my butt off to get the qualification I wanted so I could do a job that I knew I would love. If I had my way I'd be gone to the UK in the morning. Sick of being made to feel like I'm good for nothing.

:(

You have to go where the work is Paws, it's not enough to get a qualification.

That's what I'm saying. I'm leaving as soon as I get the chance.

Don't mind me. That's just p1ssed me off. Feeling like you're worth nothing really hurts.

Edit: Sorry Shim. I really didn't mean that to sound as snappy as it did.

It's all good Paws, I was a bit unintentionally short myself to be fair - we all know you're deeply pissed off with the employment situation you find yourself in and that you're working on it.

• Advertisement

Nah, it's all good.

Anyway.. I'll just see what happens with the lady in the UK. Sorry for bringing the thread down. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement