Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joya's Jump School of Doom!(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Joya wrote: »
    so no worries :D
    Web snoops Stateside. WireShark. MIM. Busted!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    You may take a trip over here Fathom
    Extra bed Ted?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Fathom wrote:
    Don't McAfee. Sorry Purple. Can't help.
    It seems I've wasted 36 euro I didn't have because my brother kept pestering me about having no antivirus :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Fathom wrote: »
    Extra bed Ted?

I'll find one here.

Any friend of Swannie's is a friend of the Lair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

It seems I've wasted 36 euro I didn't have because my brother kept pestering me about having no antivirus :'(
    is there a return policy?

• Advertisement

Web snoops Stateside. WireShark. MIM. Busted!
    ooo cia so :d))

License? Number users?

Joya wrote:
    is there a return policy?
    No, its not a disc. It's a download. You just get a code and a piece of cardboard with instructions. It works on my brother's so that's something. He's the one that wanted it.
    Fathom wrote:
    License? Number users?
    It says three users but only successfully installed on one laptop

ooo cia so :d))
    Not CIA. NSA. But neither. State laws only. Campus, city, county cops enforce. They snoop web. Cyber units. But John-Q worse. Tattles on teens.

I'll find one here.
    Ted's g/f or wife object?

• Advertisement

It says three users but only successfully installed on one laptop
    Email tech support?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Not at the moment fathom

Not at the moment fathom
    Books flight! I wish.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Do you see swannie around much fathom?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Earlier today I bought McAfee Total Protection 2015 in Argos earlier and I'm trying to install it on my laptop. It can be used on three, but I've installed it on my brother's and it refuses to complete installation on mine.

Oh gods :( I don't know how to help I'm afraid, McAfee products used to be diabolical and I'd never go near them. They were also harder to get rid of than the clap. They're VASTLY improved though since Intel bought them in 2010.

Tell your brother he's a fking idiot. Windows Security Essentials (which is 100% free for Windows 7 and lower, just keep it up to date with an auto scheduler - it's built into Windows 8 and above), Malwarebytes (also 100% free - run a scan every week or two) and common sense will keep any Windows PC clean and tidy.

Fathom wrote:
    Email tech support?
    I was live chatting to an agent and gave them remote access. They tried and it didn't work. It seemed like they didn't understand the problem, so I'll try again tomorrow.

Yeah.. Thanks for the reply Shim. Seems OK on my brother's laptop. That's what I get for trying to be nice.

Not CIA. NSA. But neither. State laws only. Campus, city, county cops enforce. They snoop web. Cyber units. But John-Q worse. Tattles on teens.
    i was joking :p

or was trying to :o

:D

Do you see swannie around much fathom?
    Coffee yesterday.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yeah.. Thanks for the reply Shim. Seems OK on my brother's laptop. That's what I get for trying to be nice.

Tell him he owes you for it, let him feck off if you're giving him free software that 5 minutes of Googling would have given him for free if he wasn't a moron.

• Advertisement

Not at the moment fathom
    in-te-res-ting

357581.jpg

:d)))

Shiminay wrote:
    Tell him he owes you for it, let him feck off if you're giving him free software that 5 minutes of Googling would have given him for free if he wasn't a moron.
    Doubt that'll happen. He has less than I do. Anyway. Lesson learned.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Oh gods :( I don't know how to help I'm afraid, McAfee products used to be diabolical and I'd never go near them. They were also harder to get rid of than the clap.
    My friends avoid McAfee.

Great. I should have asked here first. Thought it would be reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Avoid McCaffee AT ALL COSTS....

:(

i was joking :p or was trying to :o:D
    Thought so. Played along. Serious 101. :D

Thought so. Played along. Serious 101. :D
    ahh ok :D
    good to know for further reference :D
    (btw if not stated otherwise im always joking :DDDDDDDDDD))))))))))) )

on the "serious subject" i got to about 85, 90 percent - m getting closer lol...
    of course when this is done id have to rehearse as what to talk while these slides are going on ...
    has to be half an hour speech, and then 10 mins for q&a....

ahh ok :D good to know for further reference :D (btw if not stated otherwise im always joking :DDDDDDDDDD))))))))))) )
    Too serious I am. Real life. Not here. You're good company.

• Advertisement

Too serious I am. Real life. Not here. You're good company.
    if you stay here a little longer im afraid we may become a bad influence jokingwise :D

loads of shenanigans here and we love it :pac:

:D

edit:
    but we can be serious too when it needs be sleep.gif
    :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement