Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joya's Jump School of Doom!(Lair Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Delighted you and Sammy have such a bond Angron, it's a really good feeling. Brunch time for me yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Completely agree there.

I've only seen it done once before it was made illegal. They were Jack Russell pups, only a few days old. Before it was made illegal you could do it without anaesthetic if the animal was less than a week old (I think). Awful. Something I won't forget. Since then I've seen tail amputations (essentially the same thing tbh), but only due to injury and the tail couldn't be saved.

My best friends dog had to have his tail amputated because of cancer cells developing in the tail. Pretty grim.

Anyway folks, how's things? Said I'd pop in for a flying visit.

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Any animecons coming up? :pac:
    :p:p

Howdy, Mozzel! o/

If you can read this, you're too close!

Howdy person who was formerly Mr.S :P

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Howdy person who was formerly Mr.S :P
    :cool::pac:

everything well with yourself, clever-clogs? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Mozzeltoff wrote:
    My best friends dog had to have his tail amputated because of cancer cells developing in the tail. Pretty grim.
    Awh poor doggy. Hope he's OK now.
    Mozzeltoff wrote:
    Anyway folks, how's things? Said I'd pop in for a flying visit.
    Long time no see, how's things? :D

Delirium wrote: »
    :cool::pac:

everything well with yourself, clever-clogs? :P

Yeay!! Someone thinks I am clever :pac:

Ah yeah, everything is going as well as can be. Still busy at work but it's starting to slacken off a little. The end of the season is approaching! No harm in one way..I think I am going stir crazy from the place! :/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Cool :) Didn't get to go myself but was following lots of the twitter action about it. Nearly all were comic fans/small press folk so it was leaning heavily to "greatest Con evah!" at times :pac: So nice to hear what someone who goes to a variety of cons thought of it :)
    Don't get me wrong, it was the biggest I've been to and it was really good. The venue was great, the Dublin 2019 people are hoping to use it for their venue for WorldCon.
    Any animecons coming up? :pac:
    Eirtakon is in a couple of months.
    Apologies for the lack of java brew this morning, lie in with my lady this morning. I'll make it up to ye.. :o
    I think we'll all let that one lie Grem ;) Hooray for nookie :D
    The weather is lovely :D
    That sort of talk will get you banned... There'll be no praising of the sun here thank you very much.

Yeay!! Someone thinks I am clever :pac:
    :D:pac:
    Ah yeah, everything is going as well as can be. Still busy at work but it's starting to slacken off a little. The end of the season is approaching! No harm in one way..I think I am going stir crazy from the place! :/

Can happen alright if you're working long shifts with no much time off. It definitely has nothing to do with this forum....... :P

Awh poor doggy. Hope he's OK now.

Long time no see, how's things? :D

Grand Paws!! All work and no play lately I am afraid!! Hence my absence. I have a bit of free time for the moment so said I'd pop in and say hello!! Missing you guys loads! :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Mild annoyances ho!

"Have you ever seen Monty Python The Life of Brian?" - proceeds to quote The Holy Grail.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, it was the biggest I've been to and it was really good. The venue was great, the Dublin 2019 people are hoping to use it for their venue for WorldCon.
    Ah yeah, just meant you'd a wider variety of cons to compare against :)

Venue seemed to be a good choice based on tweets/blogs etc. Fingers shall be crossed for Dublin 2019 crew.

:D:pac:

Can happen alright if you're working long shifts with no much time off. It definitely has nothing to do with this forum....... :P

It can be a pain but eh, it's the nature of the industry!!

Two wasps are after flying in the window :eek: Must get them to leave immediately!! :o

That sort of talk will get you banned... There'll be no praising of the sun here thank you very much.
    You'd never ban me, you guys love me too much!
    Grand Paws!! All work and no play lately I am afraid!! Hence my absence. I have a bit of free time for the moment so said I'd pop in and say hello!! Missing you guys loads! :o

Aww. See, Shim, Mozz would miss me! :p

Nice to see you popping in Mozz. The other day I was actually thinking we hadn't seen you in a while.

I'll be good, please don't ban me. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm looking forward to Eirtakon, I've volunteered to staff it this year cause I enjoyed staffing last year.

Ah Shim, that big ball in the sky is good for one thing!! Drying the bed sheets and towels :D

And don't ban Miss Paws!! Place wouldn't be the same without her!! :(:o She's unbannable :pac:

Ah Shim, that big ball in the sky is good for one thing!! Drying the bed sheets and towels :D

And don't ban Miss Paws!! Place wouldn't be the same without her!! :(:o She's unbannable :pac:

:D :pac:

Currently Googling somewhere I can buy some scrub tops. Just in case a miracle happens and I get the job. :o

Ebay any good? Or Amazon? They sell pretty much everything else, so why not scrubs?

Friend found out you can buy pregnancy tests in bulk on ebay.

Ebay any good? Or Amazon? They sell pretty much everything else, so why not scrubs?

Oh I'll try eBay. I have no idea why but I never thought of trying there!

Pregnancy tests, really? :eek:

Yeah, seriously, why would anyone, bar a doctors surgery maybe, would want over 100 pregnancy tests...

:confused:

• Advertisement

Yeah, seriously, why would anyone, bar a doctors surgery maybe, would want over 100 pregnancy tests...

Cause they were a shop.

Cause they were a shop.

Fair point.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hey Mozz it's been ages, hooray for end of season approaching

Yeah doctor's surgery or maybe a pharmacy. It'd probably be cheaper for them to get them from a wholesaler though.

OMG. I want this!

Hey Mozz it's been ages, hooray for end of season approaching

Hey Grem!! Yeah, I know hours are going to be reduced but tbh I can't wait. I can't wait until it's somewhat normal and I can regain some of my life back :pac: How are you keeping?
    Yeah doctor's surgery or maybe a pharmacy. It'd probably be cheaper for them to get them from a wholesaler though.

OMG. I want this!

I was thinking the same thing but sure eh...

That's quite cute Paws! Should get it :D

I was thinking the same thing but sure eh...

That's quite cute Paws! Should get it :D

Yeah, it's quite strange.

I'm thinking about it! :D

All good here Mozz, sleep deprived as usual but I don't mind that.. Yeah the slowdown come September is a welcome respite.

Well once the Rose of Tralee is finished it should be the end of it. Won't be long before the kids are back in school and Mozz can have a bit of a break!

Yay, I have tea! :p

• Advertisement

oooh, tea is a fine idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement