Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cortana! Why cant I use my QR reader?

• 29-07-2015 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

So it seems when I wanted to use my QR reader on my Lumia 830 before instaling Cortana, I just hit the search icon, it bought up the Bing Search, and I pressed the Icon that looks like an eye.

Since Cortana, hitting the search icon opens up Cortana, and I can no longer see the 'eye', or an option for the QR Reader, and to use it, I have to switch of Cortana and re start my phone. Also noticed the same on my 635.

Anyone know of a way around this. Asking her to open QR Reader just brings up results for using a QR Reader on an Android Device.

:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Open your camera, then go to it's settings, click on lenses, and all the QR readers (Bing Vision, etc) should be in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Bayberry

CatInABox wrote: »
    Open your camera, then go to it's settings, click on lenses, and all the QR readers (Bing Vision, etc) should be in there.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to Pin a to the desktop. and there's at least one step to many to get quick access to Bing Vision. There are some apps in the store that are basically just launchers for that lens, but the ones that I checked want all sorts of permissions that they shouldn't need.

This one might be handy though - it has Cortana integration, so if your phone is set up for that, you can speak to Cortana and ask it to pick a lens.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/apps/Lens-Picker/9WZDNCRDG7DS

Advertisement