Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The RTÉ Doc on One.

2»

Comments

Threads Merged

Many threads on this topic over the years; hopefully we can keep them all in one place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

honeybear wrote: »
    Harrowing documentary atm
    I heard it ( by chance) it was brilliant.
    I have shared it with a few people since.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Very sad. Particularly when she was talking about her Dad, the hospital, being questioned and the newspapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

God above.. Doc on one.. A woman preparing for her death. Is there no end to the misery on Rte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

God above.. Doc on one.. A woman preparing for her death. Is there no end to the misery on Rte

Actually found that doc to be highly enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

batgoat wrote: »

A fascinating insight.
    Just what a radio doc should be.
    Kudos to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

elperello wrote: »
    batgoat wrote: »

A fascinating insight.
    Just what a radio doc should be.
    Kudos to all involved.
    Ah sure il have to have a look at it when I'm in form

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Ah sure il have to have a look at it when I'm in form

I thought it was quite upbeat considering the subject. I laughed out loud at the bit with the undertaker in Strokestown (I think it was) - clearly the lady was not au fait with the subtle intricaciesof the undertaker/client family relationships in a rural town. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,107 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Listened to this detailed embellished tale about a Sydney street over 100+ years. Has RTÉ done anything like this on an Irish street?

Fictional Pyrmont resident and neighbourhood gossip Lizzie Absalom tells what really went on in those back lanes.

or download MP3

• Advertisement
Advertisement