Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Escape from Kilcullen!

Options
  • 29-07-2015 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi.
    Going to a wedding tomorrow night but need to be back in Dublin for work at 8am. Can't really afford a cab on me own. Any ideas how I might get back at around 11pm?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

WhyTheFace wrote: »
    Hi.
    Going to a wedding tomorrow night but need to be back in Dublin for work at 8am. Can't really afford a cab on me own. Any ideas how I might get back at around 11pm?
    Thanks

Do some of the Bus Eireann and /or JJ Kavannagh services to Kilkenny and Carlow still go through Kilcullen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

dublincoach.ie run 24hrs & pick up in Naas. Cab to Naas should not be too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Newbridge is closer. Then choice of bus or train. (not sure of last train time)

Possibly someone at the wedding can give a lift to you to Naas or Newbridge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

ffocused wrote: »
    dublincoach.ie run 24hrs & pick up in Naas. Cab to Naas should not be too much.

Newbridge, too, which is perhaps closer to Kilcullen.

That dublin coach goes to Luas/Red Cow and on to the Airport via the M50, so allow yourself enough time to catch the last Luas into town.

Last train from Newbridge to Heuston is 22:55 (www.irishrail.ie)

Check buseireann for buses from Naas or Newbridge (126 service) around the same time, a bus into Busaras.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Would Kildare Town not be closer still? The Air coach stops outside Kildare Village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭WhyTheFace

Great help lads. Thanks a million. So I know I won't be stuck. Now it's a question of which is the quickest of all my options. Reckon I will leave Wedding at 22:30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Naas, the green bus goes through Newbridge about 25 past the hour and is in naas about 15 mins later. If you miss it it's an hour wait.

Advertisement