Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name change to account.

Options
  • 29-07-2015 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Does a name change on a eircom efiber broadband account mean that the contract is now in the new persons name?

Or does the contract with eircom remain with the person who set up the account originally?

I sent the eircom rep. Alan a private message regarding this issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Bog Butter wrote: »
    Does a name change on a eircom efiber broadband account mean that the contract is now in the new persons name?

Or does the contract with eircom remain with the person who set up the account originally?

I sent the eircom rep. Alan a private message regarding this issue.
    Generally telecoms companies like Eircom will only change name on bill to an immediate close family member and not transfer into someone elses name who is not family.

I think has something to do with the contracts and generally would cease previous owners account to setup new account if not family.

Eircom reps can confirm if this is the case though.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

I set up an eircom efiber broadband account. I moved out of the house where I was renting a room. The account was still well within the 18 month contract so I couldn't close the account and I didn't want the service anymore.

I was able to put the eircom account and bank details in a strangers name.

The account is now out of that 18 month period. That person is leaving the house now too.

Who's responsible for the account, him or me? Do I have a legal contractual responsibility for that account still because I opened the account originally?

A response from eircom would be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I set up an eircom efiber broadband account. I moved out of the house where I was renting a room. The account was still well within the 18 month contract so I couldn't close the account and I didn't want the service anymore.

I was able to put the eircom account and bank details in a strangers name.

The account is now out of that 18 month period. That person is leaving the house now too.

Who's responsible for the account, him or me? Do I have a legal contractual responsibility for that account still because I opened the account originally?

A response from eircom would be good.
    Hi Bog Butter

Apologies for the delays, I had tried to contact you on the mobile number provided but I'm going straight through to voicemail.

If there's a good time to call you at before 5pm today or 6pm tomorrow please let me know.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

You can ring me now. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

You can ring me now. Thanks.
    Thanks Bog Butter

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement