Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Covert Forces Xbox One Controller

Options
  • 29-07-2015 11:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭

45 bones in argos.

Comes with "improved" bumpers and 3.5mm headphone jack.

Much difference in it from the old black normal controller?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Tinie wrote: »
    45 bones in argos.

Comes with "improved" bumpers and 3.5mm headphone jack.

Much difference in it from the old black normal controller?

Bumpers are way better imo. Giving my turtle beach a go through the 3.5mm jack now, can hear myself heavy breathing through it, not sure if that's a good thing but seems to work though.

No more plugging in for updates too which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Bumpers are way better imo. Giving my turtle beach a go through the 3.5mm jack now, can hear myself heavy breathing through it, not sure if that's a good thing but seems to work though.

Have mine aswell, I quite like it, bumpers are alot better.

logik wrote: »
    Have mine aswell, I quite like it, bumpers are alot better.

Yeah. The whole thing feels sturdier to me. The ones I had before always seemed to have a slightly loose bit or a creak here and there. It's definitely an improvement imo. Chuffed the bumpers are sorted.

Yeah. The whole thing feels sturdier to me. The ones I had before always seemed to have a slightly loose bit or a creak here and there. It's definitely an improvement imo. Chuffed the bumpers are sorted.

Yeah, I think the plastic is slightly thicker on it, making it feel like the old 360 controller, more sturdy, heavier.

• Advertisement

Lack of easily accessible on screen controls for levels is a little annoying to say the least, mentioned in other threads that I thought they would have had something in the preview builds at least by now. Also Mic monitoring is disabled if you plug in the old chat adaptor.

Sticks feel much tighter to me, but maybe thats because it's new vs my older substantially more worn pads. Bumpers feel the same to me also but way more responsive and less fussy about where you press.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Lack of easily accessible on screen controls for levels is a little annoying to say the least, mentioned in other threads that I thought they would have had something in the preview builds at least by now. Also Mic monitoring is disabled if you plug in the old chat adaptor.

Sticks feel much tighter to me, but maybe thats because it's new vs my older substantially more worn pads. Bumpers feel the same to me also but way more responsive and less fussy about where you press.

In fairness, they're probably not going to add any new features to Xbox One while the new dashboard is being developed. The new slide in sidebar would probably be a great place to put level control. We'll know more in a week I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

I'm guessing this is on special because of the hideously hicky camouflage pattern. I'd rather keep the old one or pay the extra €7 for a plain back one.

wrt40 wrote: »
    I'm guessing this is on special because of the hideously hicky camouflage pattern. I'd rather keep the old one or pay the extra €7 for a plain back one.

I don't think the black one is available here yet except for being with the 1TB console. I couldn't find one anyway. Would have happily paid the extra few bob. I quite like the camo though, didn't think I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Actually to those that have the controller, how do you find it when you put it down for a few minutes ?:D

• Advertisement

I don't think the black one is available here yet except for being with the 1TB console. I couldn't find one anyway. Would have happily paid the extra few bob. I quite like the camo though, didn't think I would.

Thats correct, you wont be able to get it in black for awhile. They have stock piles of the Gen 1 controller still to sell so even if you buy a black controller it will be a Gen 1 and not the Gen 2.

I would have bought it in black if possible, while i dont mind the camo look, I would prefer the black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Wait a minute. The only difference I see between the two is the inbuilt 3mm jack. What makes people think it has a better build, thumb sticks and buttons? you sure that's not just because its new? I have 2 controllers, one rarely used and when I compare the two the rarely used one feels much better. Could be the same thing going on here.

wrt40 wrote: »
    Wait a minute. The only difference I see between the two is the inbuilt 3mm jack. What makes people think it has a better build, thumb sticks and buttons? you sure that's not just because its new? I have 2 controllers, one rarely used and when I compare the two the rarely used one feels much better. Could be the same thing going on here.

There are other changes:

1) 3.5mm jack
    2) Newly designed bumpers (which are alot better in my opinion)
    3) The ability to update firmware via wifi now without the need for a usb cable

Other than that, it is the same controller.

There are other changes:

1) 3.5mm jack

4) it's actually one of the cheapest if not the cheapest in a B+M at the moment :pac:

There are other changes:

1) 3.5mm jack

Yup. Spot on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Quick comparison;

Bumpers are slightly easier to press and more springy.

Triggers, thumbsticks and buttons exactly the same. No difference in weight/build quality.

Im comparing with a recent enough controller that came with a xbox bundle I bought though.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

Bought one of these with the 3.5mm Jack as I thought I could connect my PX5 headset direct. My chat cable is not 3.5 it seems to be slightly smaller,Its the chat cable which fits the 360.

Anyone know what I need to hook up my Turtle Beach to the 3.5mm Jack?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

paddyk wrote: »
    Bought one of these with the 3.5mm Jack as I thought I could connect my PX5 headset direct. My chat cable is not 3.5 it seems to be slightly smaller,Its the chat cable which fits the 360.

Anyone know what I need to hook up my Turtle Beach to the 3.5mm Jack?

The 360 headset jack is 2.5mm so you would need a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter, my ps4 gold headset came with one.

Get a 3.5mm cable, plug it into the xbox one controller and plug the other end into the adapter then into the headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

The 360 headset jack is 2.5mm so you would need a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter, my ps4 gold headset came with one.

Get a 3.5mm cable, plug it into the xbox one controller and plug the other end into the adapter then into the headset.

Thank you. I was hoping it was an easy solution, Now to source an adapter.

You could also do it the opposite way and get a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter and use your original 2.5mm cable that came with your headset.

• Advertisement

Maplin will have them for a few euro if there is a store near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Is anybody else having trouble with it holding a charge? Mine went from fully charged to dead in two hours, twice last night. I'm using the same charge kit I had with the Gen1, and that would have lasted days on a charge.

trixiebust wrote: »
    Is anybody else having trouble with it holding a charge? Mine went from fully charged to dead in two hours, twice last night. I'm using the same charge kit I had with the Gen1, and that would have lasted days on a charge.

Nope, are you using the official charge kit? The knock offs are ****e. A full charge with the official lasts me a week usually and I game most nights (with the vibration off in most games)

The knock offs might give me a day of gaming max.

I have noticed no difference between Gen1 and Gen2 usage.

Definitely a controller issue, bring it back and get a replacement.

Nope, are you using the official charge kit? The knock offs are ****e. A full charge with the official lasts me a week usually and I game most nights (with the vibration off in most games)

The knock offs might give me a day of gaming max.

I have noticed no difference between Gen1 and Gen2 usage.

Yeah I have the official one, was using the same one with my old controller and it would last for days. Think I've probably just got a dud one.

Yeah I have the official one, was using the same one with my old controller and it would last for days. Think I've probably just got a dud one.

Hmm a few things you can test before bringing it back.

Charge the pack fully in your Gen 1 and place it into the Gen 2 and see if the issue is still present. It may be that the Gen 2 is not charging the pack properly even though it says it is charged. Secondly, you could put the batteries that come with the controller into the Gen 2 controller and see how long they last, they should give you a few days. If they are gone within 2/3 hours then the controller is at fault.

I got my hands on this bad boy today and I'm loving the new bumpers! Its a massive improvement over the 1st gen, the camo looks sick and its well worth the tenner after trading in the old one.

Hmm a few things you can test before bringing it back.

Charge the pack fully in your Gen 1 and place it into the Gen 2 and see if the issue is still present. It may be that the Gen 2 is not charging the pack properly even though it says it is charged. Secondly, you could put the batteries that come with the controller into the Gen 2 controller and see how long they last, they should give you a few days. If they are gone within 2/3 hours then the controller is at fault.

Tried it with the batteries it came with, and it works with those. Must be the charge kit. It's really strange, never had a problem with it before, but the day I change controller the charge kit stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭wilsixon

I'm looking to buy an xbox one controller for use with my windows 10 PC (just bought minecraft for the kids on it). Is this the best option? (criteria - works with PC, cheap) Thanks

• Advertisement

brookedave wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy an xbox one controller for use with my windows 10 PC (just bought minecraft for the kids on it). Is this the best option? (criteria - works with PC, cheap) Thanks

I'd highly recommend the controller even just for occasional use especially at the discounted price in Argos.

Check and see do they have any stock at your nearest store.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4159775.htm

Advertisement