Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Covert Forces Xbox One Controller

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

trixiebust wrote: »
    Tried it with the batteries it came with, and it works with those. Must be the charge kit. It's really strange, never had a problem with it before, but the day I change controller the charge kit stops.

My charge kit went kaput one day too. It held a three or four day charge just before that. I'd have thought the charge would gradually get less over time but it went from fine to zilch! Very strange. Got 18 months out of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    My charge kit went kaput one day too. It held a three or four day charge just before that. I'd have thought the charge would gradually get less over time but it went from fine to zilch! Very strange. Got 18 months out of it though.

Weirdly, it's started working again. Charged it today and it seems to be holding the charge as it was before. I've had mine for 18 months too, maybe its the beginning of the end!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Weirdly, it's started working again. Charged it today and it seems to be holding the charge as it was before. I've had mine for 18 months too, maybe its the beginning of the end!!!

Odd alright, glad its sorted though, for the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I tried mine again and it's working fine now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Picked up one of these today, quick question can I use earbuds with a built in mic for chat using the 3.5mm jack? I've none in the gaf to check

• Advertisement

zero19 wrote: »
    Picked up one of these today, quick question can I use earbuds with a built in mic for chat using the 3.5mm jack? I've none in the gaf to check

Any headset /mic should work

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

When is MS releasing the elite controller? the one they showed off at e3. It had extra buttons around the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

When is MS releasing the elite controller? the one they showed off at e3. It had extra buttons around the back.

No definite date yet but sometime in October.

Will be about e150 though incase anyone thought it might be a standard price.

I've been in need of a controller for a while now.

Had only the one I got at launch and the A button lost its click a few months back(worked but had no dead zone).

Decided to bite when I saw this thread. Wasn't fussed spending much more than e45ish so the price was right.

I also felt playing FIFA 15 that my A button wasn't powering my passes properly so I'm going to go back and see does the new controller make any difference there as I never got to try any other controllers with it.

Sticks certainly feel better in BF. My accuracy definitely feels sharper but maybe that's not even the particular controller but just having a fresh one?!. Anyway happy with it so far.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Can someone confirm if I buy this controller I don't need the chat adapter plugin that I use for my headset on my stock Xbox one controller

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Can someone confirm if I buy this controller I don't need the chat adapter plugin that I use for my headset on my stock Xbox one controller

No, you don't need to use it. You change the volume / chat in the main settings menu. You can still use the adapter though, both that and the 3.5mm connection are on the controller.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

No, you don't need to use it. You change the volume / chat in the main settings menu. You can still use the adapter though, both that and the 3.5mm connection are on the controller.

Excellent thanks

Think I mentioned already if you use the adaptor you lose mic monitoring which is a bit annoying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Picked up one of these last week.

Not an essential purchase by any means, but the shoulder buttons are much nicer it has to be said.

Very good price too in Argos compared to the "normal" controller.

Advertisement