Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Henna tattoo reaction

Options
  • 30-07-2015 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Just wondering can anyone give me advice.. I recently got a henna tattoo on holiday and since I've come back the henna has faded but the writing is red raised and itchy.. Am I having a reaction and is it going to scar?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Shadylou

Adublinx wrote: »
    Just wondering can anyone give me advice.. I recently got a henna tattoo on holiday and since I've come back the henna has faded but the writing is red raised and itchy.. Am I having a reaction and is it going to scar?!

I had a henna tattoo done a few years ago and when I got home the outline was replaced by red itchy lumps....after a few weeks though and some antihistamines it all disappeared and left no scarring

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Henna tattoos abroad can cause problems months later if you colour your hair. Always get a patch test done first.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I don't want to sound like I am being sensationalist but this may be a serious issue if it is still happening. Henna is usually a red/orange brown type colour and to make it back and other colours dyes need to be added. The chances are you are having an allergic reaction to the dye and should see your doctor immediately. Here is a link to the fda website where they discuss black henna and reactions to it. If you think it sounds like you my advice would be to consider seeing a doctor. http://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/ProductsIngredients/Products/ucm108569.htm

Advertisement