Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sour cherries in Dublin?

Options
  • 30-07-2015 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows a place selling sour cherries in Dublin,

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I'm afraid I don't live in Dublin but I did spot a big jar of sour cherries recently in Lidl. You could try your local branch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I saw them in Aldi a couple of weeks ago too - large jars.

I've moved this to the Dublin City forum because you're likely to get more replies here.

Moved from Cooking & Recipes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Got them in Aldi last weekend for old fashioned cocktails, lovely & sour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 soap_bubble

Frozen - in Polish/Russian shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭CyrilFiggis

There's a couple of different versions of sour Morello cherries in Fallon & Byrne. I ended up paying €8 for the ones I got there so not the cheapest option.

Then, as others already posted, they are commonplace in Polish shops and they were in Aldi a couple of weeks ago too. Only a couple of euro per jar in Aldi, so if you find them stock up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement