Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DKIT nursing, I have a few questions.

Options
  • 30-07-2015 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi everyone, I'm 18 and starting a PLC nursing course in September. I would really like to go to DKIT next year, but I have heard from many that it is very hard to get into the course as it is very over subscribed! I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can stand out and what they look for in people? Any tips or experiences yourself. I've been doing volunteer work since I was 15, and hopefully soon I'll be volunteering to Samaritans. I like to work hard and i am
    Aiming for 8 distinctions in my course. Also I am applying to general nursing, but I will then apply to psychiatric and ID as 2nd and 3rd choice.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

The DkIT open days are on Oct 16th and 17th 2015 so that would be a good opportunity for you to come along and talk to the staff and students on the nursing courses directly. It's often the best the way to get all your queries answered at once and in detail and it leaves you plenty of time to plan and strengthen your DkIT application for the following year.

The DkIT website is being upgraded at the moment so it's not fully operational but keep an eye on it from September for more details.

Best of luck with your PLC course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Come in and talk to the DkIT careers officer. Its quiet now so they will be able to advise you

Advertisement