Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Photoshop CC 2014 wont open / when restored

Options
  • 30-07-2015 6:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi
    I was using Photoshop CC 2014 up until yesterday when I saw an upgrade to Photoshop 2015 available.
    I downloaded the 2015 trial version without realising it would overwrite my original CC 2014 version.
    I seem to have lost access to my CC 2014 version and Adobe wants me to buy or pay a monthly fee for the 2015 version after the trial etc.
    I tried to restore my Laptop settings back to a date prior to yesterday and I managed to recover the CC 2014 version ... but ?? ....it will not open for me when I click on it.

Can anyone advise what I can do to open it again ( Layman's terms please )

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Conology wrote: »
    Hi
    I was using Photoshop CC 2014 up until yesterday when I saw an upgrade to Photoshop 2015 available.
    I downloaded the 2015 trial version without realising it would overwrite my original CC 2014 version.
    I seem to have lost access to my CC 2014 version and Adobe wants me to buy or pay a monthly fee for the 2015 version after the trial etc.
    I tried to restore my Laptop settings back to a date prior to yesterday and I managed to recover the CC 2014 version ... but ?? ....it will not open for me when I click on it.

Can anyone advise what I can do to open it again ( Layman's terms please )

Thank you

I'm surprised the trial overwrote the original but anyway how did you install the 2014. Do you have a disc or installation package? Do you stil have the license key?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Conology

mordeith wrote: »
    I'm surprised the trial overwrote the original but anyway how did you install the 2014. Do you have a disc or installation package? Do you stil have the license key?

Answer is "No" to all 3 Q's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Conology wrote: »
    Answer is "No" to all 3 Q's.

I presume you don't have a legit copy then? It's possible that the trial somehow reset the crack. Not sure there is anything further I can suggest.

I actually don't know if it's legit or not as Photoshop was on the Laptop when I got it about 8 months ago from a friend who was not using it.
    Thanks for your feedback - if anyone else can offer a suggestion please let me know.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Considering photoshop is VERY expensive if you were just given it it wasn't a legit copy most likely. The update wiped the cracked file out.

You'll have to buy/subscribe. Any other methods cannot be discussed here.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Considering photoshop is VERY expensive if you were just given it it wasn't a legit copy most likely. The update wiped the cracked file out.

You'll have to buy/subscribe. Any other methods cannot be discussed here.

Ok, thank you both for your help

Advertisement