Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Park Spaces

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

what are go-lightlys? :confused:

You're probably too young to remember but there used to be a program on called Beadles about where Jeremy Beadle used to prank members of the public. The golightlies a were a clumsy rather large family in the sketches.

You'd see them going into a furniture shop and all of them sitting on a bed or couch and breaking it and the poor staff member would be in bits.

I was reminded of them when I saw who had parked next to me in an empty car park as once the door of their car was opened there was no way they were going to be able to ease themselves out and I would definitely have got a nice ding!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Rings a bell now :pac:

I do recall watching beadles pranks in the olden days when I was very young

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

It's not just car parking spaces where people have this mentality.
    Myself and my wife went for a coffee in a restaurant this morning, place just open, we were the first in. Got a table and coffees. Two women come in and sit down next to us, there was about 20 tables free in the whole place and they sat next to us. One of the women was eldery and must have been hard of hearing because there was a lot of loud talking going on.
    OT I know but just shows the mentality of some people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Roanmore wrote: »
    It's not just car parking spaces where people have this mentality.
    Myself and my wife went for a coffee in a restaurant this morning, place just open, we were the first in. Got a table and coffees. Two women come in and sit down next to us, there was about 20 tables free in the whole place and they sat next to us. One of the women was eldery and must have been hard of hearing because there was a lot of loud talking going on.
    OT I know but just shows the mentality of some people.

Hate when this happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

only solution is across 2 spaces at an angle down the back of the carpark.

Ive had a few times now where people who know they'll bang doors will wait until I've left my car or am out of view to get out so they can swing doors at will. they'll stare at you as you get out of the car and sure enough 100% you'll come back to some paint damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

only solution is across 2 spaces at an angle down the back of the carpark.

Ive had a few times now where people who know they'll bang doors will wait until I've left my car or am out of view to get out so they can swing doors at will. they'll stare at you as you get out of the car and sure enough 100% you'll come back to some paint damage.

This made me laugh!!!

Especially the bits.....will wait till I've left the car or am out of view so they can swing doors at will......they'll stare at you as you get out....

It's so true!!!

Was nearly caught again today by a 00D purple Avensis....they did not realise I was sitting in the car when they arrived but noticed me before they got out....after a minor staring competition they got out carefully. They had parked too close but were careful getting out once hey spotted me. Once they walked off I moved further back.

Having a brand new car is stressful! I also try and look for odd spaces that are angled that are wider or longways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Dero

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Pulled into a car park the other day and there was a car taking up one & a half spaces. I could have found another space down the end of the car park but I wanted to be near the machine cos my knee was busted from a game of ball. The way this guy parked annoyed me. Because it was at the end of the line I was able to put my two left tyres over the white line a bit and squeeze in beside him. I had space to get out being very careful. We were facing opposite directions so the guy would have to get in the same side as me.

Now its obvious why he parked like this. His was a 162 Audi A5. A serious bit of kit. He must've been afraid of his door getting shunted. I can understand that given the assholes who open their door into the car beside them without giving a sh1t. I've had it happen to me many's a time. Still though I don't think someone has the right to take two spaces especially in the middle of a busy car park. Fair enough if you want to go right down the back and into the corner but not like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I'm fortunate that the car park I use frequently has a very narrow bay which has a wall on one side and a pillar on the other. It's nearly always available. Perfect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Jesus. wrote: »
    I don't think someone has the right to take two spaces especially in the middle of a busy car park. Fair enough if you want to go right down the back and into the corner but not like this.

Not agreeing with poor/well planned parking but I'm fairly sure someone has the right to park their car whatever way they want, there's no laws governing parking spaces & outlined spaces are just a guideline if anything.

Parking like a dick is far less of a moral(actual) crime than beating the ****e out of peoples cars while opening doors.

I didn't mean a legal right. I meant in a moral sense.

Jesus. wrote: »
    I didn't mean a legal right. I meant in a moral sense.

Suppose it's a matter of opinion, I see your point and I see his too. - but to put another dimension on it, some people are just shıte at parking so could be that too.

Its possible but given it was a brand new A5 I'd be inclined to think he did it on purpose ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    I'd park right up against any arsehole doing that even if it was the only other car in the carpark.

Good man!

• Advertisement
Advertisement