Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing a current bank account

Options
  • 30-07-2015 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have recently switched banks and wish to close my current bank account. How long does it take to close an account once you have received a letter from me with my instructions.
    How much does it cost to close a bank account if there is any cost.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

peposhi wrote: »
    Hi

I have recently switched banks and wish to close my current bank account. How long does it take to close an account once you have received a letter from me with my instructions.
    How much does it cost to close a bank account if there is any cost.

Many thanks
    Hi peposhi, 

Thanks for your post.

Once we receive the letter and there is sufficient money in your account to cover any fees and charges applicable, your request to close your account, will be done straight away and will close over night.

There is no additional charge to close your account, but fees, charges and interest owed (if applicable) will need to be paid prior to closing. 

To get a 'Close account' balance please contact BOI Direct on 0818365365.

I hope this helps, 

Thanks

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Hi, Janette

Thank you for your kind answer.
    There is one more question the I need to get an answer before I proceed.
    What shall I do in order to have bank statements for the years gone. What options do I have and how far back can I get statements for.

Many thanks

Penyo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

peposhi wrote: »
    Hi, Janette

Thank you for your kind answer.
    There is one more question the I need to get an answer before I proceed.
    What shall I do in order to have bank statements for the years gone. What options do I have and how far back can I get statements for.

Many thanks

Penyo
    Hi Peposhi,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards today.

To order a duplicate statement within the last 7 years please follow the steps when logged into Banking 365 online, the steps are outlined below:

• Select the 'Online Service Desk' tab from the 365 homepage.
    • Select 'Order Duplicate statement' from the drop down list.
    • Click 'Go'
    • Input the account details and the dates required.
    • Click continue.
    [*]

Just to mention duplicate statements can take 5-7 working days to go out in the post. The charges for duplicate statements are €3.80 for the first page and €2.50 for every page thereafter.

If there is anything else we can help you with please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Have a good day.

Helen

Advertisement