Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dual monitors and hdmi audio out

Options
  • 30-07-2015 11:16am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

im running two monitors off my gtx 670, one dvi one dvi-vga adapter. all fine, no issues. etc etc

i recently hooked my amp back up to my computer so I'm using the graphics card hdmi output for the audio for that surround sound goodness.

problem is while I have the amp turned on and the hdmi outputting audio, i can't use dual screen. I can run either monitor on its own and I can direct windows to extend the screen... but the second monitor just doesn't activate

and then if I turn the amp off, both screens will pop on. am I just not able to run 3 outputs off a single graphics card?

i guess I should get an optical audio cable but this is a weird issue i'd like to solve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Many cards have 3+ outputs but only have the ability to push 2.

You should use HDMI passyhrough on the amp to push one of the displays.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

neither of them have hdmi :/

there's a guy on adverts selling optical cables in the next town, ill grab one of them next week

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

strelok wrote: »
    neither of them have hdmi :/

there's a guy on adverts selling optical cables in the next town, ill grab one of them next week

You can always adapt on the far side of the amp with HDMI male to DVI female. But optical is probably best.

i do have a hdmi-dvi adapter somewhere, thanks for the idea!

now to find the bastard

actually now both monitors turn off when i have the amp powered on

this probably has something to do with my dying psu

• Advertisement
Advertisement