Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDS Dublin horse show meetup?

• 30-07-2015 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭

Its that time of the year again :)

Would a boards meet up to the horse show this year be an idea?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Unfortunately, there's too much walking for me to go to the Horse Show any more (I have problems with my legs.) Great idea though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Great idea. Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to be able to make it to the show this year :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Emma I'd be interested! Its been an age since I've seen you! What days are you going? Ill be there on Saturday and Sunday (working the warm up arena on Sunday for the Riding Club Showjumping championships)

PM me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭emma-fly

Ill probably do Friday and Saturday! Ah that warm up arena will be hectic! Out local club made it there two years apg, no luck since though :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Brilliant win at Aga Khan today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Brilliant win at Aga Khan today.

Agreed!

I wish Team Ireland Equestrian Facebook page would calm down about Bertram Allen though. Everyone else it's "they came first" "they came second" "they got a clear round". With Allen, it's all "fantastic win" or "incredible clear round". There's also far more articles about him. It was the same today. Everyone else just got a clear round but Allen had a perfect clear round... I'm not begrudging the young lad but jaysus they could do with relaxing a bit about him, there were 3 other members on the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

To be fair all the comments that I saw from them referred to incredible or excellent clears from all the team. Can't say myself that I noticed any favouritism for Bertram.

You could argue Cian o' C was being shown preference with Miriam last night and then course walking on air today. Who cares? Great win !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭emma-fly

It was great to see!! We saw some of the rounds but spent most of our time watching the warm up arena in Simmonscourt.

Its was great to see some top international riders struggling like the rest of us to get horses on bits,bending properly etc and then go out and perform brilliantly!

Advertisement