Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Parking on O'Connell street

• 30-07-2015 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Well lads,

Heading into the Savoy tomorrow to check out Ant Man. Just wondering whats the story with parking on O'Connell street ? Can you park it up anywhere against a wall ? Is there a better place nearby ?

I've only ever parked it up in town for 10-15 minutes tops and that was on Capel street.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

There's parking on Princes Street North for bikes, that's down the side of the GPO. But tbh, I wouldn't fancy leaving a bike there all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

Cienciano wrote: »
    There's parking on Princes Street North for bikes, that's down the side of the GPO. But tbh, I wouldn't fancy leaving a bike there all day.

Good as place as any, just dont expect it to be there when you get back :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Cienciano wrote: »
    KTR1C wrote: »

That parking has been taken over by PJ Hegarty doing work on the GPO. I had words with a Garda recently asking why I was parking on the central part of O'Connell Street and pointed back to the fact the bike parking is gone.

You could park it at Pearse Street Garda Stn. and walk up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

KTR1C wrote: »

Is it really so bad ?

Its out of action for the moment anyways. I was thinking of just locking it to a post or bench along the street somewhere, keep it parrallel with the road.

Ps Street Station is an option though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If you have a 20 yr old banger fire away, if you have anything even remotely decent forget it mate....I certainly would not be risking a motorbike theft for a ****ty marvel spin off...lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Is it really so bad ?

Its out of action for the moment anyways. I was thinking of just locking it to a post or bench along the street somewhere, keep it parrallel with the road.

Ps Street Station is an option though.
    I parked there loads of times, but for no more than 2-3 hours. But stand around there for 10 minutes and see the amount of junkie looking scumbags that walk by!
    Decent chain to something solid and you'll probably be alright as a one off, but I wouldn't leave anything decent there daily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Back in 2000 or so I was temporarily working in O'Connell St for a few months, had a 2 year old CBR6, parked it in the median every day chained to a lamppost, never a bother and alarm was never set off. Long time ago now though...

Scrap the cap!

Well I ended up using the median! Just locked the frame to a lamp post and left it parallel with the road. Thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

And...............

HOW WAS THE FILM DAWG? DONT LEAVE A BROTHER HANGING YO!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    And...............

HOW WAS THE FILM DAWG? DONT LEAVE A BROTHER HANGING YO!

How could I forget! It was Marvelous! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

There's loads of people parking on the O'Connell street median every day all day.

Personally though I'd park it up at Pearse street Garda station.

There's actually motorcycle parking just off O'O'Connell bridge which I never see anyone using!

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.347152,-6.258041,3a,75y,300.5h,64.67t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1ss4TfWZFSIXO5Hf4m0EQkhQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

slinky2000 wrote: »
    There's actually motorcycle parking just off O'O'Connell bridge which I never see anyone using!

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.347152,-6.258041,3a,75y,300.5h,64.67t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1ss4TfWZFSIXO5Hf4m0EQkhQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
    That's because it's always occupied by plant machinery belonging to building contractors.

Advertisement