Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childcare costs Ballina.

Options
  • 30-07-2015 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

Please move to another forum if in wrong place Mods.

Have a four year old girl and a 5 mth old infant boy.Our daughter has been with a minder since she was 6 mths old,she gets on well with her and she only minds our daughter and one other child,who only goes half the week...So they have fun playing together.
    Our girl will be going to the preschool yr from 1st Sept and plan is for the minder to have our wee boy then fulltime during the day as my OH will be returning to work.
    Hours are 8:30 to 4pm, we supply all food,nappies,etc.She is paid 30 euro a day currently to mind our daughter.
    Minder is unregistered but has good experience.Now heres the possible problem.
    We have found occasionally that the minder can be a bit 'money orientated'......hard to explain but just for eg if we ever had to keep our daughter home for eg for being sick she would expect payment for her even if she wasnt there for a day or two.
    When the 4 yr old is finished preschool each day the minder will have to drive around 8 miles return trip to pick her up and then keep her till my OH pick up both children at 4pm.
    My wife has a feeling that the minder will look for full days pay for both kids to do this even though she will only have the older child for a couple of hours each day.
    We feel 30 euro a day for the infant and maybe 15 euro a day for covering petrol costs/hassle of collecting older child would be a fair arrangement.

Several of my wifes friends said to her it would be madness to be paying 60 euro a day for service been asked of minder,
    would appreciate any views on this, thanks.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement