Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kellys park, Lusk

Options
  • 30-07-2015 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

:)Hi guys,

Would really love some info on the above area. We are viewing a house there and I cant really find any recent info on the area.
    Any good/bad advice/ info would be really appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Hiya. It's an old council estate, mostly older people living there these days. There used to be a fair bit of messing going on there but not in years now. The houses are mostly small though and some are badly in need of modernisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

I actually grew up just around the corner, my parents still live there. It's a nice quiet area. Lusk itself is a bit of a one-horse town and you don't want to be reliant on public transportation which is quite unreliable but if you own a car there's worse places to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Public transport to the city in my opinion is great. Train station is 15/20min walk from the village and the bus service is great. Especially for commuting.

I think it's a great little village, there's not many shops and things like rush or skerries but it's does the job. I find it quite quiet and have no issue with the village itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JordanG990

Keep clear of Lusk, tis a ghetto now.

JordanG990 wrote: »

Meaning what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

This type of post is unhelpful. If you care to contribute in a reasonable manner & provide reasons (in a civil manner) as to why you feel that someone should not move to the area - that's fine. Otherwise don't bother posting.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

This type of post is unhelpful. If you care to contribute in a reasonable manner & provide reasons (in a civil manner) as to why you feel that someone should not move to the area - that's fine. Otherwise don't bother posting.

tHB

He has a point, lusk has gotten really bad this year too many kids causing trouble and parents not caring.

No. He/she didn't have a point. He/she said the place was 'a ghetto' but gave no reasons as to why this was the case. That manner of posting is unhelpful & not welcome in this forum.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

micraX wrote: »
    He has a point, lusk has gotten really bad this year too many kids causing trouble and parents not caring.
    That's just a typical meaningless comment that you'll hear about any other area - Swords, Rush, Skerries, Balbriggan etc.

That's fine, unhelpful as it may be, I'm telling you what I've heard from a number of people including residents. I myself don't find the place too bad but by god when something happens around here it's like a community crisis, the drama of it all. Either way, I'll make sure to provide statistics, reports, data and all other information that is deemed "helpful" the next time I make a point.

• Advertisement

That's fine, unhelpful as it may be, I'm telling you what I've heard from a number of people including residents. I myself don't find the place too bad but by god when something happens around here it's like a community crisis, the drama of it all. Either way, I'll make sure to provide statistics, reports, data and all other information that is deemed "helpful" the next time I make a point.

When was the first time you made a point?

To keep clear of Lusk

That's fine, unhelpful as it may be, I'm telling you what I've heard from a number of people including residents.
    Saying "X is like a ghetto" is pointless. You need to give some reason as to why this may be the case. Otherwise it is a meaningless statement.
    ...the drama of it all.
    Nobody is making a drama out of it apart from yourself. I only asked you to backup your statement with some sort of reason. If I had asked you to "provide statistics, reports, data and all other information" - that would possibly have been dramatic. But I didn't.

I meant the drama of it all when something happens in Lusk. Anyhow, I'm not getting into a debate about a simple sentence. As I l've said, I was simply telling people what I've heard about the place. I don't think it warrants a big explanation but that's just me.

I meant the drama of it all when something happens in Lusk. Anyhow, I'm not getting into a debate about a simple sentence. As I l've said, I was simply telling people what I've heard about the place. I don't think it warrants a big explanation but that's just me.

Of course, "the drama when something happens".

Couldn't be clearer. :)

Ah, now I understand why I was supposed to clarify every single thing that I said, some people need it spelled out for them. Ha, good luck :)

Ah, now I understand why I was supposed to clarify every single thing that I said, some people need it spelled out for them. Ha, good luck :)

No, "sometimes stuff happens and there's a reaction of some kind" is plenty specific enough, thanks.

That's just a typical meaningless comment that you'll hear about any other area - Swords, Rush, Skerries, Balbriggan etc.
    Try telling that to farmers who got straw burned, crops driven around by joy riders, who also broke into fields with horses and drove around them. It's far from a meaningless comment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Try telling that to farmers who got straw burned, crops driven around by joy riders, who also broke into fields with horses and drove around them. It's far from a meaningless comment!

There's not many farms or horses in Kelly Park. I've relatives who've lived there for the past 20 odd years, I used to hang out in Lusk (Kelly park and ministers road) quite a bit when I was younger. Nice area.

There's not many farms or horses in Kelly Park. I've relatives who've lived there for the past 20 odd years, I used to hang out in Lusk (Kelly park and ministers road) quite a bit when I was younger. Nice area.
    The comment I was replying to was about lusk as a whole. Kelly park is a nice area ye, but there is no denying lusk as gotten bad.

• Advertisement

See, that's some actual specifics at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

My point was that the same anti-social behaviour is reported in many other areas, not just Lusk. If you were to choose a place to live based on avoiding such behaviour, you'd be severely limiting your options.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Indeed , well put Wishbone , it appear's to me that those white collar criminal's responsible for bringing the country to its knee's , lived + live in the finest house's and in the best neighbourhood's.
    There are good and bad people every where , go out to Orlynn Park some evening or during the day when the summer camp's are running, they symbolise every thing that is good about the brilliant community spirit that prevail's not just in Lusk but across NCD as a whole.
    As Leo B say's - Fab people / Fab place, ye only have to look to the GAA ,Scout's etc and the volunteer's that give their free time to facilitate the county's youth at what ever sport or event they seek to achieve at.
    I see Foroige are to set up a youth club in Lusk for 10/18 year old's , this has been long over due and will be another asset to the local community.
    While I'm at it , thank you and congratulation's to Skerries / Rush / Lusk tidy town's ,esp Mrs Kelly's crew in Lusk,who all way's have the village looking it best.
    They all do us proud every year , the tour d'italia showcased Lusk + Fingal at it's finest last year , and let's not forget Killalane Road Race's (a massive volunteer and community commitment every year) what's more thing's can only improve for the better over the coming year's.
    Anybody who don't like it , can use the the area's many transport links or just get on their bike,nought said,tnk's.

dslamjack wrote: »
    Indeed , well put Wishbone , it appear's to me that those white collar criminal's responsible for bringing the country to its knee's , lived + live in the finest house's and in the best neighbourhood's.
    There are good and bad people every where , go out to Orlynn Park some evening or during the day when the summer camp's are running, they symbolise every thing that is good about the brilliant community spirit that prevail's not just in Lusk but across NCD as a whole.
    As Leo B say's - Fab people / Fab place, ye only have to look to the GAA ,Scout's etc and the volunteer's that give their free time to facilitate the county's youth at what ever sport or event they seek to achieve at.
    I see Foroige are to set up a youth club in Lusk for 10/18 year old's , this has been long over due and will be another asset to the local community.
    While I'm at it , thank you and congratulation's to Skerries / Rush / Lusk tidy town's ,esp Mrs Kelly's crew in Lusk,who all way's have the village looking it best.
    They all do us proud every year , the tour d'italia showcased Lusk + Fingal at it's finest last year , and let's not forget Killalane Road Race's (a massive volunteer and community commitment every year) what's more thing's can only improve for the better over the coming year's.
    Anybody who don't like it , can use the the area's many transport links or just get on their bike,nought said,tnk's.

Well, two. :)

Advertisement