Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Nokia Charger??

Options
  • 30-07-2015 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anywhere in town where they sell the old fat Nokia chargers? Ebay is my last resort, I don't know if I could stomach paying 15 quid for postage on top of whatever the sale price is.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RichardCeann

Which model is it for exactly? The old 3310? I've a hape of old chargers in the shed. You can have it once you pay postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Zillions of the things around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I've one at home. Barely used. Had my Nokia 3310 for 2 years, only had to charge it 10 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I think I have 4 or 5 of them in my man drawer. I also have around 50 keys for old TriCircle locks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

jungleman wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere in town where they sell the old fat Nokia chargers? Ebay is my last resort, I don't know if I could stomach paying 15 quid for postage on top of whatever the sale price is.

Think i might have a couple of those down in my ma's. If I dig one up I'll pm ya an arrange to get it out to you,free of charge of course,don't want to ruin my blemish free boards record by getting my a$$ banned for selling sh1te! Id reckon half the households in the country have a few, so don't be too hasty with the credit card

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Try Dealz and Eurogiant for one of those multi charge packs for €2 or €3.
    They have connectors for a dozen or so phones, some of which are the old Nokia type.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

you only needed to charge them once a week:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

Yeah the one I need is for the old 3310/3210/3350/3500. I just found my old one at home and am curious to see if it still works, and if there are any gems on there which I can have a look at (pictures, old messages).

I work in the city centre, so if any of you guys have a spare one you don't mind getting rid of, I'd be more than happy to meet up and take it your hands!

I used to charge an old phone by stripping the wires of a charger and connecting straight to the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Yeah the one I need is for the old 3310/3210/3350/3500. I just found my old one at home and am curious to see if it still works

Oh it will work alright, I've dropped them in water,smashed them on the ground and against walls in drunken rages and once put back together they would still be in perfect working order. I wouldn't mind an oul game of snake now :o

• Advertisement

Here she is in all her glory. The back cover is missing in action, it hasn't been charged in about 10 years, but I'm still kind of hopeful that once she gets a bit of juice she'll be okay!!

Oh it will work alright, I've dropped them in water,smashed them on the ground and against walls in drunken rages and once put back together they would still be in perfect working order. I wouldn't mind an oul game of snake now :o

I think this phone came with a game called Bounce!

Here she is in all her glory. The back cover is missing in action, it hasn't been charged in about 10 years, but I'm still kind of hopeful that once she gets a bit of juice she'll be okay!!

Pink!

Just bin it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RichardCeann

I think she's dead, buddy. Let her go.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭PippaChic

I wouldn't mind an oul game of snake now :o
    You can get snake app on your phone. I have it and play it now and again, though only at level1!

OP I've moved your thread to the Dublin City forum as you will get better results here.

Please read their charter before posting.

OP I've moved your thread to the Dublin City forum as you will get better results here.

Please read their charter before posting.

Certainly worked.

One of my friends is coming over tomorrow and is bringing an old charger with her tomorrow. I'll post up some pics if the ould brick actually charges up and works. If it does, Hollywood will be making movies about this for years to come

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

kneemos wrote: »
    Certainly worked.

I you have a problem with a mod action take it to PM.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

And now we play the waiting game.

• Advertisement

And now we play the waiting game.

It's fucoed.

TA-DA!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The little phone that could.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Class...The phone that will never die!! They're like chernobyl those phones!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I recently resurrected an old Nokia when my iPhone died. Nokia is working perfectly thank you! Also I find it easier to text using only one hand. With the iPhone I had to use two hands. Think I'll stick with Nokia for the moment now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Those phones came with a cutter device too so you could make your own phone cover using magazines, posters, etc. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I had one of these, the changeable covers were the best part!

Now all I have to do is find a way to get the pictures from the Nokia onto my computer. The phone is so old it doesn't even have bluetooth, it has "infared".

Advertisement