Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland Team Talk/News/Rumours 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭eamonpk

Hi
    Have tickets for the Ireland v Wales gone on general sale yet. I have a season ticket but my sister is looking tickets. I know that season tickets were offered a chance to buy extra tickets but this offer expired in December and now I need to get some extra tickets for her
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

ahlookit wrote: »
    Ryan Manning starting again for QPR tonight. Haven't seen much of the game, but just saw a replay of QPRs goal and he played an intelligent little ball across the box to set up Mackie to tap in.

They lost six in a row before he came in to the side, they have now won three on the bounce. QPR fans seem delighted with him:

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/187444/manning/#40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Jon Walters is having another knee operation, so in doubt for the Wales game.

We aren't particularly blessed with options upfront, so bad news indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

eamonpk wrote: »
    Hi
    Have tickets for the Ireland v Wales gone on general sale yet. I have a season ticket but my sister is looking tickets. I know that season tickets were offered a chance to buy extra tickets but this offer expired in December and now I need to get some extra tickets for her
    Thanks

They havent gone on general sale yet ... and there probably wont be a big number going on sale after all the various pre-sales. Your best bet is to follow the Ireland ticket thread and be ready to pounce when they are released

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057167461&page=228

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Ian Lawlor gone to Doncastor Rovers for 40k. Hopefully he gets some gametime and moves up the leagues. Looked a good talent
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38609892 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Surprised no Irish club showed any interest in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

eamonpk wrote: »
    Hi
    Thanks
    I see the chairman of the Wales' fan group is none too happy with the anticipated number of tickets The FAW are going to be getting for the game in March;

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38614927

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Isn't 5% the amount that has to be given and anything more must be agreed upon by the associations ?

That article is a load of bollix anyways.Only 3/4 years ago they were bringing 100 odd to away games and "penalised for a smaller stadium" they have a stadium a few hundred yards away that can hold 80k but they wont use it.

Robbie Keane rumoured to be joining Brighton.
    He would be a really good buy for them ,he may not be able for 90 minutes but would be a huge addition to have off the bench.

They are supposed to want Lampard as well,adding plenty of experience to get them over the line .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

• Advertisement

5 Irish players and an Irish manager involved in that match Pity there is nowhere to watch it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

yabadabado wrote: »
    5 Irish players and an Irish manager involved in that match Pity there is nowhere to watch it .

believe it or not, it is live on a Lithuanian channel! The fans on the PNE fan forum are sharing links via Private Messages! Might sign up!

http://http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?101738-Stream-for-today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Anyone manage to get a link?

Horgan with the assist for the second goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Daryl Murphy scoring again for Newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Where can I watch highlights of the Championship games lads?

Just saw Carroll's goal.

Some niteclub in London is ordering in the Bolly already...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

sonic85 wrote: »
    Where can I watch highlights of the Championship games lads?

Sky Sports News will show clips later on but for more in depth coverage I'd say Goals on Sunday tomorrow morning would be the best option.

Seems like Horgan had a good afternoon:

https://twitter.com/pnefc/status/820311962995347457

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Brilliant to see him getting a great reception there.

Channel 5 have a highlights programme for the championship. MOTD type show.

I've been listening to BBC Radio Lancashire's Match Day Live: Post Match programme and they've been discussing the Preston result among others. Lot of praise for Horgan's performance from the presenters and fans leaving texts. Also had an interview with Simon Grayson who spoke positively about him. Said he had no hesitation playing him after his cameo role against Arsenal. You can listen to it here if you want:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radiolancashire

The fanboying of Horgan is in danger of getting a tad cringey by certain media outlets (like Balls.ie) but this is a fantastic assist so I remain onboard!

http://https://www.balls.ie/football/daryl-horgan-assist-356628

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Good to see a lot of our players doing well or at least getting game time. 90mins for Arter, Hendrick, O'Shea, Whelan and Long. The latter is getting a bit more game time lately but disappointing to see the goals have really dried up which is concerning. Not sure if this is down to Long's form, Saints form in general or the way they're set up etc.
    Great to see Randolph with another clean sheet though.

• Advertisement

Cake Man wrote: »
    Good to see a lot of our players doing well or at least getting game time. 90mins for Arter, Hendrick, O'Shea, Whelan and Long. The latter is getting a bit more game time lately but disappointing to see the goals have really dried up which is concerning. Not sure if this is down to Long's form, Saints form in general or the way they're set up etc.
    Great to see Randolph with another clean sheet though.

Yeah those performances are encouraging. I am a bit worried though about reports on Duffy's performance today who apparently struggled with Preston running at him at pace. Hopefully just a one-off. Before today I'd heard he was doing quite well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Cake Man wrote: »
    I am a bit worried though about reports on Duffy's performance today who apparently struggled with Preston running at him at pace. Hopefully just a one-off. Before today I'd heard he was doing quite well.

Not too surprising, he's not the quickest.
    Needs somebody with pace alongside him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Anyone see the Burnley goal? Should it not be Hendrick's?

It took a deflection but was it off Hendrick or the defender?
    Either way I would expect the goal to be given to Barton.

Ah, even Hendrix would be embarrassed if he was given that goal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I see Patrick Bamford is moving back to Middlesbrough. With Scott Hogan possibly moving to West Ham, there now could be 3 potential forwards for us to get. The 2 mentioned above plus Callum Wilson.

Question...who would you go for (or not go for) , and who would you think we might actually hve a chance of getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I see Rob Elliott back on the bench for Newcastle, much chance of him getting the No.1 spot back?

I see Rob Elliott back on the bench for Newcastle, much chance of him getting the No.1 spot back?

Hell...not...in....hope...a :D

Hell...not...in....hope...a :D

Ayh, no, I haven't a clue but they have a firm number 1 and if he cant even get an FA Cup start, good luck!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

LowOdour wrote: »
    I see Patrick Bamford is moving back to Middlesbrough. With Scott Hogan possibly moving to West Ham, there now could be 3 potential forwards for us to get. The 2 mentioned above plus Callum Wilson.

Question...who would you go for (or not go for) , and who would you think we might actually hve a chance of getting?

1. All of them. :)
    2. None of them. :(

Darlow seems to be first choice now and Sels was signed by Benitez for decent money.
    Elliott could find it hard to get games but be good if he could get back in there.
    Krul is also still on their books just on a season long loan afaik.

LowOdour wrote: »

I dont think Wilson is eligible for us?I cant see there be any chance with him either way.

I would try for both Bamford and Hogan ,two young strikers who have plenty of talent.No harm trying to get both of them to represent us but I have a feeling neither of them will .

If we got both of them it would be a hype boost all our other options are 30+(Long is 30 on Sunday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Long gets the winner for Southampton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

Manning signs a new deal at QPR. Been quite the few weeks for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Conor Hourihane off to Villa by the looks of it:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-window/highlyrated-ireland-midfielder-conor-hourihane-to-undergo-medical-at-aston-villa-reports-35383206.html

They are also buying Lansbury from Forest, hope Hourihane gets a regular start with Villa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I know he's retired but will still be of interest.

Robbie Keane was on soccer am this morning confirming he'll make a decision on a new club by the end of next week, more than likely in the UK.

Preston looms..?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Good composure from Manning there to score.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Good composure from Manning there to score.

A wonderful few weeks for him.If Hassilbank was still manager he would most likely have been released at the end of the season.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Born and bred in Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Keeps up this form and he'll be playing his way into the friendly with Iceland in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Boyle makes the Preston bench today,Horgan also a sub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Its ridiculous how Hourihane still hasn't got a cap yet. He's different class. No doubt it'll come now he's getting his move to Villa but really we should judge players on ability and not the size of the club they play at. Playing Stephen Quinn over him against Oman was senseless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bring back Daryl Murphy I tells ya!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Daryl Horgan comes on with Preston 2-0 down at Villa, and they end up drawing 2-2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement