Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland Team Talk/News/Rumours 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

So we're looking at a team like the below then? 4-1-3-2

Randolph
    Coleman-Clark-Duffy-Ward
                     Whelan
    Hendrick-McCarthy-Arter/McClean
                    Hoolahan
                    Murphy

More something like this I would have thought?

Randolph
    Coleman----Clark----Duffy----Ward
    Hendrick---Whelan---Arter
    Hoolahan
    McClean
    Long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Complete waste of time playing Wes out on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

yabadabado wrote: »
    Complete waste of time playing Wes out on the right.

Would be more from the right, tucking in, with Coleman overlapping, and Hendrick offering cover. He wouldn't be wide right, more drifting into positions inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Considering the likely team, Whelan would probably be on frees

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    So we're looking at a team like the below then?
    Randolph
    Coleman-Clark-Duffy-Ward
    Whelan
    Hendrick-McCarthy-Arter/McClean
    Hoolahan
    Murphy

I'd say Long is ahead of Murphy upfront.
    Thought Long was suspended for some reason! Yeah Long ahead of Murphy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Walters will be back I am hopeful

Walters will be back I am hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Conor Ronan came on for last 25 mins of wolves win at Anfield. Only 18, good midfield prospect. Richie Towell has started for Brighton and got a goal against Lincoln.

ahlookit wrote: »
    Conor Ronan came on for last 25 mins of wolves win at Anfield. Only 18, good midfield prospect. Richie Towell has started for Brighton and got a goal against Lincoln.

Looks a good prospect,Wolves fan have been raving about him for a while.Looked lively when he came on, not afraid to get stuck in and worked hard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Robbie Brady has signed for Burnley.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭Worztron

spock. wrote: »
    Robbie Brady has signed for Burnley.

Nice one. A move in the right direction.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Great for Brady,Burnley will hold their own in the premier league this year delighted he's moved there as opposed to Sunderland which would have been a terrible move or Leicester who could easily get relegated and are playing very poorly this year will get huge game time with Burnley and great to see him joining up with ward and hendricks (especially) must be delighted to be back playing together since there St Kevins days. Long starting to score again 2 in his last 3 and Coleman playing fantastic stuff too actually quite exciting times being an irish fan atm and very optimistic going into the Welsh game 😉 anybody care to fill me in on bale not going to pretend I know what his story is ideally you'd hope he's out but we still shoudnt fear this Welsh side with or without him In it without being to confident

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Great for Brady,Burnley will hold their own in the premier league this year delighted he's moved there as opposed to Sunderland which would have been a terrible move or Leicester who could easily get relegated and are playing very poorly this year will get huge game time with Burnley and great to see him joining up with ward and hendricks (especially) must be delighted to be back playing together since there St Kevins days. Long starting to score again 2 in his last 3 and Coleman playing fantastic stuff too actually quite exciting times being an irish fan atm and very optimistic going into the Welsh game 😉 anybody care to fill me in on bale not going to pretend I know what his story is ideally you'd hope he's out but we still shoudnt fear this Welsh side with or without him In it without being to confident

wrxg_f-maxage-0.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Bale is back training with Real

Reports that Marc Wilson will leave Bournemouth to join West Brom.

Really hope he gets games. Hard to believe it's only a year since he was a nailed-on starter for the Irish team.
    Since then he's been shipped out of Stoke and Bounemouth, and fallen out of the Ireland reckoning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Reports that Marc Wilson will leave Bournemouth to join West Brom.

Really hope he gets games. Hard to believe it's only a year since he was a nailed-on starter for the Irish team.
    Since then he's been shipped out of Stoke and Bounemouth, and fallen out of the Ireland reckoning

Looks like it's happening alrite, great move for him. Pulis is obviously a fan, so hopefully it works out for WBA & Ireland.

Scott Hogan gone to Villa.

Hopefully he'll take a look at Grealish and decide "everything he's done, I'm doing differently..."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Brentford have just leapfrogged them in the table so technically that's a step backwards!! :pac: :pac:

Jack Byrne gone to Wigan on a permanent deal. Hopefully he gets some games there but Wigan look to be in big trouble

• Delighted with Bradys move

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

http://www.newstalk.com/What-Irish-players-sealed-Deadline-Day-moves

Full wrap up of deadline day moves for the Irish lads.

Delighted with Brady and Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Jack Byrne gone to Wigan on a permanent deal. Hopefully he gets some games there but Wigan look to be in big trouble

True that they are in trouble, but Warren Joyce knows a thing or two about nurturing young talent. Hopefully Byrne will benefit from working with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

ahlookit wrote: »
    True that they are in trouble, but Warren Joyce knows a thing or two about nurturing young talent. Hopefully Byrne will benefit from working with him

Probably have to compete with Gabriel Obertan. Won't be easy.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Gomez left yesterday so that will free up a place and I'd expect Byrne to be fighting for a midfield role and Obertan will be on the wings.Wigan are in bother but they have but together a bit of form and look to have bought well in the window.

Stevecw wrote: »
    Looks like it's happening alrite, great move for him. Pulis is obviously a fan, so hopefully it works out for WBA & Ireland.

Lavish praise for Wilson here, from Tony Pulis:

Pulis was pleased he could get the deal done and said: "Mark can play anywhere across the back line and in midfield as well and he's got that experience as well that gives us that cover.

"He can play in any of those positions and will give us that cover that I hope to god we don't need, but we might need.

Worztron wrote: »
    Nice one. A move in the right direction.

Hopefully it won't mean the end of Steven Ward as he's been having a great season so far.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Wilberto wrote: »
    Brentford have just leapfrogged them in the table so technically that's a step backwards!! :pac: :pac:

And thumped them 3-0 last night. Villa keep up this form and Hourihane will be waiting a bit longer for his Ireland debut.

Hopefully it won't mean the end of Steven Ward as he's been having a great season so far.

Hopefully does adds strength in depth. Cunningham has been superb for Preston this season and hopefully see game time in March for the friendly and Wilson's versatility makes him a good option from the bench.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Given Burnley were interested in Snodgrass before Brady, you'd imagine they're looking to play him further forward.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Given Burnley were interested in Snodgrass before Brady, you'd imagine they're looking to play him further forward.

Hopefully, my only fear with Brady is that as a winger he's not quite quick enough in the premier league. Will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hopefully he'll take a look at Grealish and decide "everything he's done, I'm doing differently..."

Stating the obvious, but we really are very very light in the striker department.
    we have Long, but Walters and Murphy are into their 30s and seem to be regulary injured now.

Of all the players who might or might not declare for us, I'd prefer Hogan.

• Advertisement

Go for Hogan and Bamford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Darron Gibson said he's "at the stage of his career where he needs to be playing games". Fitful youngster Gibson has been biding his time and is now ready to be playing in a first team. Good for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭Worztron

Yes, true.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Patww79 wrote: »
    I think Dyche would have a full say in all transfers just going on previous article's/interviews with him.
    Does Dyche ever sound happy or overly enthusiastic?

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Darron Gibson,29 said he's "at the stage of his career where he needs to be playing games". Fitful youngster Gibson has been biding his time and is now ready to be playing in a first team. Good for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

you realised I was taking the p*ss?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dyche didn't exactly seem all that enamoured with Brady in the post match last night. I'm hoping it wasn't a signing by the club that he didn't want, but he really didn't sound impressed at all.

That was just dyche not deflecting from the performance his players had just put in for him. There is no chance dyche would sign a player he didn't want . Dyche is an old school manager and Burnley are an old school club. Its a great move for Brady and for Ireland. They play a similar style to us and dyche will have him as fit as he has ever been. I'd expect him to play on the wing for them and be a regular once he gets up to dyche levels of fitness.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,423 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That was just dyche not deflecting from the performance his players had just put in for him. There is no chance dyche would sign a player he didn't want . Dyche is an old school manager and Burnley are an old school club. Its a great move for Brady and for Ireland. They play a similar style to us and dyche will have him as fit as he has ever been. I'd expect him to play on the wing for them and be a regular once he gets up to dyche levels of fitness.

I like Dyche. He seems to get a bit more out of average players whereas some of the so-called top managers often get less out of supposedly great players. Dyche seems to be a good man-manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I like Dyche. He seems to get a bit more out of average players whereas some of the so-called top managers often get less out of supposedly great players. Dyche seems to be a good man-manager.

My da is a Burnley fan so have a keen interest in them. Ye his man management is great probably the only manager that's been able to handle joey Barton. He has really improved ward aswell. He has done a remarkable job at Burnley its only now he is getting to spend some money. Its a great club to have 3 Irish lads at as it looks like they will stay up this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Don't see this having an impact too much on Ward. Imagine the idea is to bring him in to add a bit of width in the midfield, as they're massively lacking in that department.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

9 different Irish goalscorers in the Premier League this season scoring 15 goals between them. Hopefully Duffy and Clark will be promoted this year too so we'd basically have a full team from the PL, although I can't see Clark being first choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

My da is a Burnley fan so have a keen interest in them. Ye his man management is great probably the only manager that's been able to handle joey Barton. He has really improved ward aswell. He has done a remarkable job at Burnley its only now he is getting to spend some money. Its a great club to have 3 Irish lads at as it looks like they will stay up this year.

I suspect the reason he's able to handle Joey Barton is because Dyche looks like the sort of fella that if you tried something with him you'd instantly regret it.I seem to remember him being hard as nails as a player.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Ah well, the hope was nice while it lasted.

https://www.fm104.ie/sport/bale-will-be-ready-to-face-ireland/

Meh, Northern Ireland pushed them close during the Euros so Ireland should have nothing to fear especially in Dublin.

All comes to all someone should spread a rumour that Bale was calling McClean names and he'll sort him out.

Horgan with his 1st goal for Preston. McGeady also has 2

McGeady MOTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great to see Horgan get a goal and McGeady seems to be rejuvenated at the moment. Long and Hoolahan got on the scoresheet too for Southampton and Norwich.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement