Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland Team Talk/News/Rumours 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Until he starts and starts scoring for them, he isn't good enough anyway :pac:

(Needed to make peace with it somehow)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Wilberto wrote: »
    Yeeaaah, I wouldn't really say that we let Ogbene go tbh, but that's a different debate.

Would he have stayed if he got the wages he wanted?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

yabadabado wrote: »
    Would he have stayed if he got the wages he wanted?

It's a long story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Wales have named their 23 man squad for the game against Ireland, biggest news coming out of it is 17 year old Ben Woodburn who could make his Wales debut against Ireland. Has a grand total of 7 first team appearances for Liverpool and one goal (3 in the league, 3 in the fa cup and 1 in the league cup scoring in his only appearance in the cup).

https://mobile.twitter.com/FAWales/status/842328365545611265

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Wales have named their 23 man squad for the game against Ireland, biggest news coming out of it is 17 year old Ben Woodburn who could make his Wales debut against Ireland. Has a grand total of 7 first team appearances for Liverpool and one goal (3 in the league, 3 in the fa cup and 1 in the league cup scoring in his only appearance in the cup).

https://mobile.twitter.com/FAWales/status/842328365545611265
    Trying to keep England from calling him up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

sugarman wrote: »
    C7CJxDFWsAEbwAK.jpg

Absolutely nothing to fear there, we have a much stronger squad aside from Bale. We can do these.

They done OK in the Euros with that squad...... just saying.

Listen on paper, yes we have the better squad but as an 11 v 11 team game, there isn't much between them. And one Bale moment of class and......

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Bandage

The big keeper Hennessey often looks quite flat footed and slow to react. Hopefully he plays to my perception of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Think we are being way overconfident.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

We're destined for a draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm really not seeing how our squad is much better than theirs.Pretty even I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭eire4

PhilipsR wrote: »
    We're destined for a draw.

I would agree with that. I liked our chances when Bale looked like missing out but not so much with him in their team.

Big game for Horgan, McGeady et al at Preston tomorrow. Huddersfield hammered tonight so PNE have the chance to close the gap into the playoff places against Blackburn who are in dire relegation situation after Sheff Wed (and Hudd) lost tonight.

Big game for Horgan, McGeady et al at Preston tomorrow. Huddersfield hammered tonight so PNE have the chance to close the gap into the playoff places against Blackburn who are in dire relegation situation after Sheff Wed (and Hudd) lost tonight.

Did you watch it? How did O'Dowda play?
    Preston have been on a great run of form since Horgan and Boyle moved over in January, McGeady is like a new man having stepped up a level since Horgan joined.

Did you watch it? How did O'Dowda play?
    Preston have been on a great run of form since Horgan and Boyle moved over in January, McGeady is like a new man having stepped up a level since Horgan joined.

no, didn't see anything but the results. But type his name into twitter and you will see that he is getting great plaudits by fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

Under 17 team have qualified for the European Championships. First time we've qualified since 08 with Cunningham, Brady and Hourihan in the team. Some great talent in this side. O'Connor is very highly rated at United and Connolly has been scoring a few goals for Brightons under 23's.

• Advertisement

McGeady saves PNE with last minute equalizer. Not the greatest of results though for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Hoolohan off after half hour with a possible hamstring injury.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Hoolohan off after half hour with a possible hamstring injury.

Balls.

"Wes Hoolahan has a thigh strain. We'll look at him and speak to Ireland." #ncfc

He suffered with same before a few times and usually misses a fair few games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

McGeady may come in if Wes is out. MON has played him in a central role for Ireland before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Disaster if Wes is out, he makes such a difference to the team when he is on the pitch. Luckily we have a few players who are in good form at the minute and will hopefully offer a bit of creativity going forward.

Walters scored a peno against Chelsea, McClean with an assist for West Brom in the win over Arsenal. Randolph, Hendrick, Ward, Gibson, O'Shea, Coleman, Walters & McClean all started in the Premier League today, no sign of Arter in the Bournemouth squad, is he injured? McCarthy not in the Everton squad either so I doubt Koeman will be too pleased if he plays for Ireland next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Redo91 wrote: »
    Under 17 team have qualified for the European Championships. First time we've qualified since 08 with Cunningham, Brady and Hourihan in the team. Some great talent in this side. O'Connor is very highly rated at United and Connolly has been scoring a few goals for Brightons under 23's.
    Also, our U17 Women's team have directly qualified for the European Championships too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Pity Hoolahan is out he's a good option to have but on the plus side at least we won't have to suffer through the whole Wes Hoolahan argument for this game should O'Neill decide not to start him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Pity Hoolahan is out he's a good option to have but on the plus side at least we won't have to suffer through the whole Wes Hoolahan argument for this game should O'Neill decide not to start him.

Suffering through that argument is a very small price to pay for having him available. :pac: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Just watching MOTD, good to see Walters back and playing well, caused Cahill problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Dropping like flies now.

No Brady obviously, more than likely no Wes and doubts over Arter and Mccarthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,959 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A draw would be a fantastic result with so many guys missing

At least we can afford to drop points but need need too beat Austria in June no matter what the Welsh result is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Patww79 wrote: »

McCarthy is injured.

Hopefully he will be fit for Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Wes Hoolahan out :(

I assume McGeady will definitely start in behind the striker, given his form and Wes now gone.

Anyone want to hazard a guess at a first 11?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Very worried about this game with all the players we have missing

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

No Brady or Hoolahan. Would worry me for deadball scenarios.

Banjaxed82 wrote: »

I assume McGeady will definitely start in behind the striker, given his form and Wes now gone.

Id say something like this

Randolph
    Coleman Oshea Keogh Ward
    Whelan Hendrick McCarthy
    Walters Long McClean

Id say something like this

Randolph
    Coleman Oshea Keogh Ward
    Whelan Hendrick McCarthy
    Walters Long McClean

Would Wes have been in your team if fit?

Would Wes have been in your team if fit?

Yeab in for one of Whelan or McCarthy if fit and play in behind Long.

Yeab in for one of Whelan or McCarthy if fit and play in behind Long.

I can't see a midfield made up of McCarthy, Whelan and Hendrick for a home game. The lack of creativity is eye watering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Coleman and McCarthy out now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I can't see a midfield made up of McCarthy, Whelan and Hendrick for a home game. The lack of creativity is eye watering.

I don't think we have much of a choice. If those three are for and available then they will start. No Wes or Arter, so I can't see what other realistic option there is. Unless he plays McGeady in behind Long.

I don't think McCarthy will be fit anyway. Just a hunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Sin City wrote: »

Has Coleman been confirmed? Thought I read somewhere he was getting another scan tomorrow. I reckon Christie is more than capable, though.

McGeady is a shoe in now and may even have been if Wes was fit. O Neill loves him. When McGeady is on form and his confidence is so high he is one of our best options. Especially in a home game playing with one striker and with Brady also out.

If Wes is out and McGeady doesn't start in the form he is in at the moment, I'm sorry but you would have to question MON's logic. I honestly would go to that extreme. For a creative player the Championship is a tough league to stand out in but he is winning player of the months and scoring match winning goals for a team pushing for the playoffs.

Sin City wrote: »

Mon said Coleman should be ok.
    McCarthy saying he'll make it too.

Get them through this game and send them home for the Iceland game.

Hoolohan definitely out now though.

Randolph
    Coleman (Christie) - O'Shea- Keogh - Ward
    McCarthy (Whelan) - Hendrick
    Walters - McGeady - McClean
    Long

If Coleman or McCarthy are out then Christie and possibly Whelan will start I'd say.
    Mon said Coleman should be ok.
    McCarthy saying he'll make it too.

Get them through this game and send them home for the Iceland game.

Hoolohan definitely out now though.

I think most lads who are named in the starting 11 will probably be sent home for the friendly against Iceland. He's called up 39 players so could see him using the extended squad along with the bench for Friday night with maybe one or two starters who might be lacking game time.

Gonna be a d'head here but if people are going to be throwing "such and such bis out" can they throw up a link or a quote. Makes things much easier for others and gives some definitive background to the claim rather than follow up posts Where did you hear that" or "I heard something different".

Yeah, I know, I am one of those!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Here's hoping Seamus is fit enough if Coleman is out its curtains for us honestly id be delighted with a draw looking at the bigger picture hopefully McGeady and Walters can keep up there form and also McLean pick up where he left off for country last year form wise need a big game out of him especially with no brady or wes. If shane long was ever to be on fire hopefully its friday night!!

Gonna be a d'head here but if people are going to be throwing "such and such bis out" can they throw up a link or a quote. Makes things much easier for others and gives some definitive background to the claim rather than follow up posts Where did you hear that" or "I heard something different".

Yeah, I know, I am one of those!!!

Are you taking about my post ?
    All Info I've taken from eir sports Twitter and fai Twitter from O'Neill press conference today.

Are you taking about my post ?
    All Info I've taken from eir sports Twitter and fai Twitter from O'Neill press conference today.

Not a dig, I promise!

Been a few posts for a while, I probably did it myself :D

I just think it is going to be a busy thread this week so links are great and helpful but some may, of course, have some depressing news!!

MON quote: I read from that Coleman will be grand to be fair

https://twitter.com/FAIreland/status/843797371905589248

• Registered Users Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Who will play alongside John O'Shea at centre half?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement