Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland Team Talk/News/Rumours 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Sorry for the bad news. A awful decision at this timing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I actually don't have a terrible issue with O' Neill but what bugs me is the way FAI handle these things and the time of the campaign they make the announcement. It is awful PR and a total disrespect to fans to divert attention away from the games themselves and be sitting down negotiating terms of a contract with an already under pressure manager during what is the most pivotal of periods.

How many countries would do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Rekop dog wrote: »
    It's our worst squad in 30 years though. People are either really poor at analysing these things or It's like a sort of denial thing in fans heads, that they point fingers at everything before eventually coming to the *very* obvious conclusion that we're poor. Comparing it to previous campaigns where we had some proper decent players is very unfair on management. For this team to basically be in a final match playoff for to get top two is in no way underachieving, personally feel it's the opposite.

Then you get people pointing at Northern Ireland saying "if they can do it why can't we", but for every 1 Northern Ireland you have 20 other comparatively weak squads performing on a scale of decent to terrible. You can't sack all those twenty managers because one side is performing miracles. It's like Watford or Burnley saying "well top 10 is good for us but Leicester won the league a few years ago so better get someone in to take us to those heights"

I agree with most of your post but do people feel this is our weakest squad in 30 years? We have had a more or less consistently average squad over the past 15 years (fair enough, we had some players like Keane & Duff who could bail us out), but there's not much in it. If anything I'd say we have better options now other than up front.

I'd say before the group if you offered us this position we would have thought it sounded about right, however going from the position we were in at the turn of the new year to this is bitterly disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

RIP Irish soccer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Great timing by the FAI, give the man a new contract before we even know whether we'll be going to Russia or not.

If they thought this was maybe a way to boost moral before two important games only need to look across the city towards the irfu and how things worked out with Eddie O'Sullivan after they gave him a new contract before the WC in 2007.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We haven't won a match in 2017 so give the manager a new contract :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Bizarre timing.

Utterly retarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Not so great news..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I agree with most of your post but do people feel this is our weakest squad in 30 years? We have had a more or less consistently average squad over the past 15 years (fair enough, we had some players like Keane & Duff who could bail us out), but there's not much in it. If anything I'd say we have better options now other than up front.

Last 15 years, are you high? Given was miles better than current goalkeepers. Dunne and O Shea were a extremely solid central defensive pairing, again infinitely better than current crop. We had likes of Carr and Finnan as very good full backs. Duff was one of the best players in England at his peak. Kilbane was very consistent performer. Central midfield was probably average enough since Roy I'll admit, it still is. And you can't dismiss what Robbie did for us. Haven't looked but I'd assume he's been our top scorer in every campaign since 2000. We haven't replaced his goals at all. There's nobody there now, or coming through with even half his ability.

The difference in 15 years is monumental, really is strong levels of denial itt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Why not wait until after the Wales game/playoff?

I wouldn't have been rushing to give him a new contract even if we qualified tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

Did they not learn from trap

Last 15 years, are you high? Given was miles better than current goalkeepers. Dunne and O Shea were a extremely solid central defensive pairing, again infinitely better than current crop. We had likes of Carr and Finnan as very good full backs. Duff was one of the best players in England at his peak. Kilbane was very consistent performer. Central midfield was probably average enough since Roy I'll admit, it still is. And you can't dismiss what Robbie did for us. Haven't looked but I'd assume he's been our top scorer in every campaign since 2000. We haven't replaced his goals at all. There's nobody there now, or coming through with even half his ability.

The difference in 15 years is monumental, really is strong levels of denial itt

We rarely had all of these players firing on all cylinders at the same time though. The McCarthy era team was obviously a lot stronger than what we have now but ever since we have been a largely average team. What has been our strongest campaign (squad wise, not results wise) since Brian Kerrs campaign?

Edit: probably the WC2010 campaign, but we still had some very suspect players in that team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

My rant earlier about O'Neill not getting an extension regardless of results looks foolish now.

Ill still support the team but expecting anything different is pointless at this stage. Its one last payday for O'Neill who is what, 65?

I sincerly hope we get to the WC and Euros, it will improve our seeding and make it slightly easier for the next generation if were a pot 2 side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

FAI confirm O Neill staying on for Euros

So what happens if the RoI fail to qualify for the WC or even get to the play off stages. One would have thought that his position would be in question or are the fans happy to stick with him no matter what happens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

John Delaney can seemingly do anything he wants someone needs to get him out of the FAI.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Staunton and Kerr would have had us in the Euro playoffs if the current qualification criteria applied to them.

He is a very lucky man.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Genuinely baffled by the timing.

I also have no hope for the next 4 days. Nothing about our form suggests we have even a smallest chance. We've blown it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Mokuba wrote: »
    Staunton and Kerr would have had us in the Euro playoffs if the current qualification criteria applied to them.

He is a very lucky man.
    Putting Staunton in the same sentence is a big insult to Brian Kerr imo.

Staunton imo was the worst manager in recent history of the Republic of Ireland. He wouldn't have us even close like we are now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I would be fine with him getting a new contract assuming results go our way over the next few days, but I don't see why he gets the new contract now. The timing is strange.

In other news, Ireland U-21s are about to play Norway with the game live on Eir. The line-up:
    O'Hara; Kane, Donnellan, Sweeney, Whelan; Rice, Cullen; Charsley, Manning, Curtis; Grego-Cox.

Martin Odegaard, who is on Real Madrid's books, starts for Norway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

eagle eye wrote: »
    Putting Staunton in the same sentence is a big insult to Brian Kerr imo.

Staunton imo was the worst manager in recent history of the Republic of Ireland. He wouldn't have us even close like we are now.

He finished 3rd in his qualification group. Just like O'Neill.

Had the rules been the same for Staunton we would have at least had a play-off.

• Advertisement

We rarely had all of these players firing on all cylinders at the same time though. The McCarthy era team was obviously a lot stronger than what we have now but ever since we have been a largely average team. What has been our strongest campaign (squad wise, not results wise) since Brian Kerrs campaign?

Edit: probably the WC2010 campaign, but we still had some very suspect players in that team.

Here's a starting lineup from a random qualifier ten years ago in 07. The big players would have all been peaking around that time.

S. Given
    R. Dunne
    J. O'Shea
    S. Finnan
    P. McShane
    A. Reid
    K. Kilbane
    D. Duff
    L. Carsley
    K. Doyle
    R. Keane

All premier league players at that time. Who in current crop gets in there? Coleman for Mcshane the only obvious replacement. Hendrick and Brady would be there or there abouts in midfield but Andy Reid could be very talented on his day.

But that team is stronger in every aspect. Defensive solidity, creativity, and goal potential all much greater. Keane the biggest loss because goals are the hardest thing to replace and he was ultra consistent for us for so long in that department. It's games like Georgia away where he'd pick up a scrappy winner that we just do not have now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

From what I heard on OTB O'Neill has agreed a contract but doesn't seem to have signed it yet so of things go badly wrong they could pull the offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/05/ireland-world-cup-moldova-martin-o-neill
    Looks like it's a done deal. Why not wait until Tuesday??
    Farcical again from Delaney

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Timing isn't surprising. It's that they know we won't qualify so are announcing it before that's confirmed so that there isn't an outcry to change. It's getting ahead of the frustrations :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Hopefully MON takes as long to sign this contract as the last one,by which time the FAI might have copped on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Here's a starting lineup from a random qualifier ten years ago in 07. The big players would have all been peaking around that time.

S. Given
    R. Dunne
    J. O'Shea
    S. Finnan
    P. McShane
    A. Reid
    K. Kilbane
    D. Duff
    L. Carsley
    K. Doyle
    R. Keane

All premier league players at that time. Who in current crop gets in there? Coleman for Mcshane the only obvious replacement. Hendrick and Brady would be there or there abouts in midfield but Andy Reid could be very talented on his day.

But that team is stronger in every aspect. Defensive solidity, creativity, and goal potential all much greater. Keane the biggest loss because goals are the hardest thing to replace and he was ultra consistent for us for so long in that department. It's games like Georgia away where he'd pick up a scrappy winner that we just do not have now.

What about Holihan and McCarty? I would argue MON has a better midfield option at his disposal then that team did.

I don't buy the quality of players excuse, the issues start before this with the managers belief we can go and play international football without caring one bit about possession of the ball. It comes from old fashioned English style football 'philosophy' that has been shown up big time in the last 15/20 years but MON is stuck in the past, which is why no club is interested in him now or since the Sunderland days.

The Mick McCarty team in the 2002 WC contained a 34 year Staunton playing CB (he was a LB in reality) paired with Gary Breen (at his best average), with Harte at LB ( often a liability) , and a CM of Kinsella and Holland. Not exactly world beaters, but because he believed from the start that playing nice, tidy possession (Intelligent football) football was the only way at this level we actually went and were really competitive against Germany and Spain.

Just look at how Georgia played us off the park, honestly do you think anyone of their 11 are better then ours? How about NI? How many of their players would get into our side? Maybe 3 at most. So this thing about lack of quality just doesn't do it for me.

The problem is the manager is stuck in the past, and he doesn't believe in the players which is why he doesn't want them to try and pass it, and the fact we have given him another contract is a joke...

CucaFace wrote: »

The Mick McCarty team in the 2002 WC contained a 34 year Staunton playing CB (he was a LB in reality) paired with Gary Breen (at his best average), with Harte at LB ( often a liability) , and a CM of Kinsella and Holland. Not exactly world beaters, but because he believed from the start that playing nice, tidy possession (Intelligent football) football was the only way at this level we actually went and were really competitive against Germany and Spain.

A little unknown player called Roy Keane dragged us to that World lets not forget, he was unbelievable in those qualifiers. But there was high level goals in that side. Robbie Keane and Quinn were scoring in the Englands top division. We can barely get a striker to start a game in the premier league these days let alone score. Our midfield provide very little goals either, Hendrick and Brady get the odd one but nothing close to regular.

If you can't see the seismic gap in quality there's not much point continuing this conversation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

A little unknown player called Roy Keane dragged us to that World lets not forget, he was unbelievable in those qualifiers. But there was high level goals in that side. Robbie Keane and Quinn were scoring in the Englands top division. We can barely get a striker to start a game in the premier league these days let alone score. Our midfield provide very little goals either, Hendrick and Brady get the odd one but nothing close to regular.

If you can't see the seismic gap in quality there's not much point continuing this conversation.

You totally missed The point. I said the 2002 WC. The great Keano was home washing his dog at that stage...

The CM that played the great football against Germany and Spain contained Kinsella and Holland, backed up by Stauhton and Breen as a CB pairing. Are you telling me that what we have in these positions right now is anyway far worse then this?

The problem is the philosophy of MON...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ireland U-21s were held to a goalless draw against Norway. The game should have been won as Reece Grego-Cox missed a real sitter.

• Advertisement

Positive results for us tonight in Scotland and England games re (possibility) of second place

In this situation, if we win our last 2 games and Scotland fail to win on Tuesday, that is one of the ways we can take a playoff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

You totally missed The point. I said the 2002 WC. The great Keano was home washing his dog at that stage...

The CM that played the great football against Germany and Spain contained Kinsella and Holland, backed up by Stauhton and Breen as a CB pairing. Are you telling me that what we have in these positions right now is anyway far worse then this?

The problem is the philosophy of MON...

I think Coleman would get in the 2002 side, that is all

Thank you very much Martin Skrtel. Scotland will be in a massive quandary on Sunday of whether to go for a win in SLovenia or taking a draw and hoping for the best with other results. We'll have some hope on Monday regardless. Don't see Scotland winning.

That Slovak fool who got himself sent off for diving only half an hour into the game and probably has cost them a chance to qualify for the WC could be pivotal for us now! What a gobsh*te !

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/916021559692685312

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Thank you very much Martin Skrtel. Scotland will be in a massive quandary on Sunday of whether to go for a win in SLovenia or taking a draw and hoping for the best with other results. We'll have some hope on Monday regardless. Don't see Scotland winning.

If Greece win Saturday and Scotland win Sunday, then Monday is a dead rubber for us.

Incidentally, Scotland are in no quandary. They have to play to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

That Slovak fool who got himself sent off for diving only half an hour into the game and probably has cost them a chance to qualify for the WC could be pivotal for us now! What a gobsh*te !

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/916021559692685312

Was watching that game. Excellent call by the ref. So many refs bottle that decision when it comes up.

Scotland looked nervous throughout, even though they had a man advantage for a lot of the game. They got their goal via an own goal. Do they have to win v Slovenia to secure the play off? You wouldn't bank on them getting the win they need away from home even if the opposition haven't much to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    If Greece win Saturday and Scotland win Sunday, then Monday is a dead rubber for us.

Who are Greece playing? Away to Cyprus is it?

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Was watching that game. Excellent call by the ref. So many refs bottle that decision when it comes up.

Scotland looked nervous throughout, even though they had a man advantage for a lot of the game. They got their goal via an own goal. Do they have to win v Slovenia to secure the play off? You wouldn't bank on them getting the win they need away from home even if the opposition haven't much to play for.

Only reason he got up so quick like a flea off a dogs back was because he remembered he was on a yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

What about Holihan and McCarty? I would argue MON has a better midfield option at his disposal then that team did.

O Neill better not dare touch Mccarthy said something like he'll suss him out, 12 games this calendar year and 0 this season, more importantly good performances in green have been sporadic calling on him now is senseless. Houlihan should play of course, but if a 35 year old who's played 4 seasons of his career in the top flight is our jewel in the crown things ain't well.

The only realistic way to make it to Russia now is win 2 games well pox in to a playoff and win that, O' Neill doesn't deserve a new contract at all!!

Let's not kid ourselves despite Wales having an immense Euros campaign, Serbia and Austria were the trickiest away trips off the bat and we landed 4 points (should've beaten Serbia but appeared we wanted to defend a one nil, gave away a pen) in the corresponding home ties we grabbed just 1 point. Similar stuff re: Wales at home crap match & points down the swanny Coleman sadly injured to boot, Wales game could've been a dead rubber now it's the penultimate assuming we beat Moldova give us a glimmer of hope at least for the travelling support in Cardiff.

The duo played down significance of Bale, more complete and utter spoofin' whatever about us Georgia could even be more resistant without his threat.

• Advertisement

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Who are Greece playing? Away to Cyprus is it?

Yeah. Anyone's guess what way that game will turn out though.

They're both equally as inconsistent. Cyprus are at home. All they need is a draw. Very possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Well also have a chance thru Iceland staying second in their group and losing against Turkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

That team contained Duff at his peak and Keane at close to his. We have no players of near that quality now, Duff was a game-changer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Good stuff, looking more and more like a win v Wales will get us a a playoff spot.
    Roll on Monday !

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Well also have a chance thru Iceland staying second in their group and losing against Turkey

Really? This group hasn't been mentioned in any permutations. Surely there must be a scenario where no matter what set of results happen here, we're knackered.

Really? This group hasn't been mentioned in any permutations. Surely there must be a scenario where no matter what set of results happen here, we're knackered.

If Turkey beat Iceland and then drop points in Finland we'd finish ahead. Fairly unlikely you'd think though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Now it mightn't be the ideal time to post this what with the focus firmly on the match tomorrow and Monday night, and the potential permutations in store, but in the process of sending in a mail to football365, I was just wondering how we compare to the other "home" nations excluding England in terms of our standing in the game historically? With the debate here too as to how our current squad ranks to previous ones, how many Irish players would get in to a combined Ire-Sco-Wales-NI all-time XI?

I pulled out a few stats from various online sources when composing the mail (what can I say, I was bored and had nothing else important to do :D), and will conclude them below:

Population:

Scotland: 5.3m
    Republic of Ireland: 4.77m
    Wales: 3.16m
    Northern Ireland: 1.81m

Land Area:
    ROI: 84,421 sq.km
    Scotland: 80,077 sq.km
    Wales: 20,761 sq.km
    NI: 14,130 sq.km

Best finish at World Cup:
    NI: QF (1958,82). Three tournaments.
    Wales: QF (1958). Only tournament.
    ROI: QF (1990). Three tournaments.
    Scotland: 1R (last in 1998). Eight tournaments.

Best finish at Euros:
    Wales: SF (2016). Only tournament.
    ROI: Round of 16 (2016). Three tournaments.
    NI: Round of 16 (2016). Only tournament.
    Scotland: 1R (last in 1996). Two tournaments.

No. of European Cup/Champions League winners' medals:
    Scotland: 40
    ROI: 11
    Wales: 8
    NI: 3

Multiple EC/CL winners':
    Scotland 7 (Dalglish, Hansen, Souness (all Liverpool) x 3; Burns, McGovern, Robertson, O'Hare (all Forest) x 2)
    Wales 3 (Bale (R.Madrid) x 3, Giggs (Man U), Jones (Liverpool) x 2)
    NI: 1 (O'Neill (Forest) x 2)
    RO1: 1 (Heighway (Liverpool x 2)

Century caps:
    ROI: 6
    NI: 2
    Scotland: 1
    Wales: 0 (Southall won 92)

Top scorer:
    ROI: Robbie Keane (68)
    NI: David Healy (36)
    Scotland: Dalglish, Law (30)
    Wales: Ian Rush (28). Bale two goals behind.

Indisputable iconic players:
    Scotland: Dalglish, Law, Souness, Bremner, Jinky Johnstone
    Wales: Charles, Bale, Giggs, Rush, Hughes, Saunders, Southall
    NI: Best, Blanchflower, Jennings, Whiteside, Armstrong
    ROI: 2 x Keane, McGrath, Giles, Brady, Irwin, Staunton

A couple of interesting findings, particularly the number of European Cup medals won. Obviously the Lisbon Lions skewer the Scottish figure slightly, but then again Dalglish, Souness and Hansen were integral members of the great Liverpool era (even if Hansen wasn't necessarily as key a component for his country). But then again Irish players were central to three iconic English teams (United in the 60s and 90s, Liverpool in the 80s).

Scotland's record at the two biggest international tournaments is rather abject compared to the other three though. In fact, no country has qualified for as many World Cups without progressing beyond the first round. And since their last appearance in a major tournament (France '98), Wales and Northern Ireland broke new ground in qualify for their first ever Euros last year, while we have featured in two Euros and one WC. While Northern Ireland have arguably the most impressive return in terms of population, Wales have the best hit-rate, with an exit at the quarter-final stage their worst performance from two attempts.

The individual records for each country are interesting too: Scotland's top scorer seems a bit "historic" compared to the other three (Bale will surpass Rush's record shortly). Keane's 68 international goals is the stand-out stat in this regard, while it's interesting that they have had twice as many centurions then the other three combined (crazy that Wales have had none).

One facet that Scotland are unquestionably the leaders are in iconic managers. Take your pick between Fergie, Shankly, Stein and Busby.

Hypothetically speaking a combined-XI looks amazing:

Jennings

Irwin
    Charles
    McGrath
    Tony Dunne

Souness
    Keane
    Giggs

Best
    Dalglish
    Bale

Subs:
    Southall
    Blanchflower
    Johnstone
    Bremner
    Rush

So, what's the verdict? Scotland have undoubtedly produced more iconic managers per head than arguably any other country, Northern Ireland have punched above their weight relative to their size, Wales have the best hit-rate in international tournaments. What's our greatest achievement when compared to the other three?

If Turkey beat Iceland and then drop points in Finland we'd finish ahead. Fairly unlikely you'd think though.

Jesus, it's obviously so unlikely an outcome no sports outlets have even considered it a permutation.

Jesus, it's obviously so unlikely an outcome no sports outlets have even considered it a permutation.

Ah it's not impossible, Finland beat Iceland at home recently.

Our best finish in the Euros is the groups in 88 as there was only 8 teams.

S. Given
    R. Dunne
    J. O'Shea
    S. Finnan
    P. McShane
    A. Reid
    K. Kilbane
    D. Duff
    L. Carsley
    K. Doyle
    R. Keane

Fair enough, I hold my hands up and say that team is better and the majority of those players would start in our team now. However I don't think the gap is as big as you would think, as another poster has pointed out the midfield is much of a muchness - McCarthy, Hendrick, Hoolahan, Brady, McClean could all stake a claim to get in that side ahead of all bar Duff. Long or Walters (neither on form now mind), not far off Doyles level. McShane was poor, rest of the back line and keeper is far better. Although that team you posted above was part of probably the worst qualifying campaign we have had in my lifetime (we can blame Stan for that one!)

We don't have a terrible team right now, we are definitely missing someone like Duff or Keane who can make a difference in a tight game, but overall the team is not much worse than the standard of player we usually have in a green jersey.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement