Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland Team Talk/News/Rumours 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen o’dowda play club football?

He seems to only exist in a green jersey...to me anyway.

Fair play for O’Neill to pick him out as one to include at a level beyond what his CV would indicate he’s able for.

My question is do you watch football outside the top tier? If answer is no there ya go,he's decent but he won't get goals which is something this team needs and feel Hourihane could take up that role myself (Hopefully you've heard of Hourihane :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I think our team is headed for dark days and think this will be the last chance to qualify for a WC for many years.

Hoping they do it, we can beat Wales but I don't think they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

It’s nice to still have something to play for and we are capable of beating Wales but sadly all I can see is a draw which isint good enough. Makes the results at home to Austria and Wales a lot more harder to take. Hoping for a miricale still though coybig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

The hardest to take was the time at home v 10 men of both Wales and Serbia. A goal in either of those would have changed things completely.
    Our lack of a prolific striker cost us.

Let's hope we can beat Wales , and indeed we beat Italy and Germany under MON so not impossible.

But we haven't really produced a good performance yet in 2017, particularly of the level needed to beat Wales away

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭Worztron

How about Michael O'Neill as manager? He's done a superb job with NI.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Worztron wrote: »
    How about Michael O'Neill as manager? He's done a superb job with NI.

Hopefully if we make the play offs and they make the play offs that we draw each other, be MON vs MON .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

That article is the most outrageously long winded article going and makes it look like at the bottom that we need all of the results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I can see it now, we are 2 nil up against Wales, needing one more goal to go through to playoffs..............Scott Hogan starts warming up on the sideline....................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

For my own amusement I put together a best XI from our own Group D, to see how many Irish players would make it. This is what I came up with:

Hennessy

--Coleman
    Ivanovic
    Williams
    Kolarov

Allen
    Matic

Bale
    Ramsey
    Arnautovic

Mitrovic

I think Coleman is the only one of our players that would make it, although I feel a case can be made for Randolph as there isn't much between the keepers. Wales conceded a goal less than ourselves so I went with Hennessy.

Hennessy is a terrible keeper. I don't care if Wales kept a clean sheet in every game (they wouldn't with him anyway), your eyes will tell you the true story. He is jittery as hell, has really poor handling and is a guaranteed mistake in every game.

Randolph is no superstar either for sure but the idea of Wayne Hennessy being the best keeper in the group is nuts. He's not even the best keeper in Wales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Kirby wrote: »
    Hennessy is a terrible keeper. I don't care if Wales kept a clean sheet in every game (they wouldn't with him anyway), your eyes will tell you the true story. He is jittery as hell, has really poor handling and is a guaranteed mistake in every game.

Randolf is no superstar either for sure but the idea of Wayne Hennessy being the best keeper in the group is nuts.

He’s saying he had the best campaign out of all the keepers.

Just like David Alaba not being there. Obv he’s one of the best players in the group but didn’t have a good campaign at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I dunno, he said Best 11. If its the "had the best campaign" list how could you include coleman as he has missed half of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If it is just a best 11 overall it’s a highly amusing team, I’ll give him that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

If he had seen Ivanovic last night when they needed him most and at one or 2 other junctures this campaign he would think twice about including him. Personally I think our Central Defence options have been one of the positives of this campaign

Balls! Scotland 1 up. :(

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Scotland leading 1-0, great finish by Griffiths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

We are in big trouble if Slovenia can't equalize.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

We are in big trouble if Slovenia can't equalize.

Is tomorrow meaningless for us if Scots win?

kfallon wrote: »

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

We will then be hoping for a draw in the Ukraine v Croatia match or a Georgia win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

A few slim chances but nothing to get excited about.

Nordies to take a battering tonight

Serbia to lose

Ukriane Croatia to draw(the most likely but still only around 30% chance)

Gibraltar winning in Greece:pac:

I think a 4-0 win puts us above Greece too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Kirby wrote: »

Randolph is no superstar either for sure but the idea of Wayne Hennessy being the best keeper in the group is nuts. He's not even the best keeper in Wales.

If he's not the best keeper in Wales, why is Coleman picking him then? I don't think Hennessy is a superstar but he has contributed to Wales conceding the least in the group. What keeper would you pick instead? Randolph? He's well capable of jittery moments himself. There's a reason he lost his place at West Ham and is now playing in England's second tier (unlike Hennessy).
    If he had seen Ivanovic last night when they needed him most and at one or 2 other junctures this campaign he would think twice about including him. Personally I think our Central Defence options have been one of the positives of this campaign

You're suggesting Duffy or Clark are preferable to Ivanovic? I could just as easily point to Duffy's gaffe away to Moldova as a black mark against him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Get in 1-1

booom

Slovenia draw level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

get another please!!!

COYS

fu*k William Wallace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Scotland won't score two. In our hands now

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Booom now hold!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Can always count on Scotland to do us a favour.

Booom now hold!!

The exact type of response you'd expect from Ireland but **** no, Scotland are on the ropes, finish the game.

There isn't a hope we win in Cardiff folks. Let's put away the champagne for now.

Was waiting for the first pathetic post. Of course there's hope.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Was waiting for the first pathetic post. Of course there's hope.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

can someone explain shortly whats going on ? do we have to beat wales tomorrow to go through ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Patww79 wrote: »

There always had to be a moany git

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Provided Scotland don't score two in the next ten mins and win versus Slovenia, then a win tomorrow will see us into the playoff.

Fletcher just missed a great chance to level it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

pudzey101 wrote: »
    can someone explain shortly whats going on ? do we have to beat wales tomorrow to go through ?

Ireland must win. Results as they are mean our group wouldn't be worst second place team (for a win for Wales or Ireland).

Hopefully Nordies win tonight now so they can ensure they're seeded for playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Come on Slovenia!!!

hold-hold.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Patww79 wrote: »
    This gets the northies into the playoffs though and we're not winning in Wales so it's not wonderful tbh.

Goodman stick a few grand on Wales if its such a cert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

****ing Scots..

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

pjohnson wrote: »
    Goodman stick a few grand on Wales if its such a cert.

He didn't say Wales were gonna win...

Lovely! Thank you Slovenia.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Thank fck. That was torture. A get out of jail card available to Ireland tomorrow, they better take the opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Always great comedy value with Scotland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    ****ing Scots..
    You were hoping Scotland would win?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement