Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland Team Talk/News/Rumours 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Dunphy before ko: that aggression roy encouraged last game was stupid we dont need to be aggressive.
    Dunphy at ht: this aggression is great.
    How does this man still have a job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Thing is, this is exactly what O'Neill would have wanted. Keep it scoreless until 70 then bring on players who can win the game and go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Brings nothing..............................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

Brings nothing..............................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a republican thug or something to that effect.

Am I doing this right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,167 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Patww79 wrote: »
    What good is going to Cardiff to lump balls down the sideline and sit back on your own 18 yard line going to do? Wales have enough decent players that they'll pull that apart with ease.
    Of course they're not better than Wales, they've regressed very badly over the past few games. Couple that with them being away from home in a game that matters to both teams and there's not a snowballs chance.

Cant decide whats funnier Pat's passionate Welsh support last night.

OR
    Palace can still mathematically win the Premiership. That's not gonna happen either.

So what you are saying Weldon is you believe Crystal Palace will win the Premiership :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Thank god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Yesssssss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,425 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I think we definitely would have taken a playoff place at the start of the campaign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Wales have ashley williams playing.

Ireland have a fecking great chance with him playing. An absolute liability for Everton every game this season

I knew ashley wouldn't let me down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Who can we get in Play offs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

The only 4th seed to make top 2 in a group. Outstanding management, You mightn't enjoy minimal possession football, but for us its definitely formula for success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Martin O Neill should get a 10 year contract after getting second in that group!!!

Woooooo!!

Bring on the playoffs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Kirby wrote: »
    Hennessy is a terrible keeper. I don't care if Wales kept a clean sheet in every game (they wouldn't with him anyway), your eyes will tell you the true story. He is jittery as hell, has really poor handling and is a guaranteed mistake in every game.

Randolph is no superstar either for sure but the idea of Wayne Hennessy being the best keeper in the group is nuts. He's not even the best keeper in Wales.

You're a prophet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

pjohnson wrote: »
    Cant decide whats funnier Pat's passionate Welsh support last night.

OR

So what you are saying Weldon is you believe Crystal Palace will win the Premiership :D

But Wales were a dead cert...

Some very very pathetic ramblings around here.

Great result considering the group we were in, a limited bunch but they performed heroically in the circumstances. Roll on the playoff draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Amazing. This result might shut up some of the negative nancies on here for a short while.

The defence was outstanding tonight. Randolph was absolutely class and made a couple of brilliant saves.

Ah you had it saved and ready, I feel all special that I was remembered among all your crazy.

You need to look up the definition of 'support' though.

Did I fcuk have it saved. Its a good thing you don't gamble lad. You're fortune telling is woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Martin wants to lamp Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Ah you had it saved and ready, I feel all special that I was remembered among all your crazy.

You need to look up the definition of 'support' though.

The tripe you were spouting made it memorable for us all.

Be sure to stick to football manager until you're old enough to gamble.

You really are a bunch of children. You simply can't think a team will lose a match, absolutely pathetic.

Just enjoy it and stop being so bitter someone dared have a different opinion that you.

Toys back in the pram. Having an opinion is fine. Preaching it as gospel and stauncly refusing to acknowledge Ireland had any hope.....that stupidity comes back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Bring on Northern Ireland, battle of the MONs.

Comes back to what? I didn't think they'd win, they won, I'm delighted.

Am I getting popped off or something? Go lie down.

Comes back... **** sake :D

Comes back to bite you in the arse. That musn't be an expression in Wales. Ta fcuk with lying down time to celebrate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

I wonder whether officially (or unofficially, heating the balls) NI and ROI would be kept apart by UEFA.

I wouldn't look forward to a trip to Windsor park

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

chicorytip wrote: »
    We'll be grand as long as McClean fails to make an appearance.

Howdy Do

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

I've no issue with MON being given another campaign but the "they play with no fear" comment is misplaced. It's been our biggest flaw all campaign.
    They played with no fear. They were not overawed by the occasion. That's what Martin O'Neill brings to the table.

• Advertisement

I wonder whether officially (or unofficially, heating the balls) NI and ROI would be kept apart by UEFA.

I wouldn't look forward to a trip to Windsor park
    We'd beat Norn Iron no bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

TheCitizen wrote: »
    They played with no fear. They were not overawed by the occasion. That's what Martin O'Neill brings to the table.

Why didn't that happen in Georgia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Why didn't that happen in Georgia?

there's absolutely some cognitive dissonance surrounding some of these paltitudes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

They did play with fear though
    Did you watch the game or just check the result

But Wales were a dead cert...

Some very very pathetic ramblings around here.

Great result considering the group we were in, a limited bunch but they performed heroically in the circumstances. Roll on the playoff draw.
    There's a clutch of characters on here that are pathetic miserable whingers. Anyone see "noodler" about tonight?

Wonderful win, bring on the play offs.

22382383_10155164293017568_4396074922592965802_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=0a4b21efeb67e39a15dee071183a6905&oe=5A41254B

• Advertisement

:confused:

That post was 7 hours ago and clearly I was referring to the fact that you seemed to believe we played with no fear this campaign. It was our biggest flaw this calender year up to tonight.

If you want to gamble with football and take it to the last 20 minutes of the campaign, that is not always the best plan.

I alluded to the fact that I want MON to stay on but I just pulled you up on that comment, rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭Worztron

So proud of the team. Excellent result. COYBIG!

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

My neighbors fcukin love me tonight

Great result, now for a favourable draw in the playoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Anyone know what date the draw is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Anyone know what date the draw is?

next Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭josip

And when will the matches be?
    Any chance Coleman might be back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

next Tuesday

Lets pray we don't get Croatia
    The rest we would give a game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

next Tuesday

Gent.

With the way we play with our backs against the wall I don't think we have to fear any team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

josip wrote: »
    And when will the matches be?
    Any chance Coleman might be back?

November 11/12 and 13/14 no chance we'll have Coleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Fantastic performance from the boys and MON got it spot on, now we wait for the draw and pray it’s kind to us but will definitely enjoy tonight.

Meyler has been a revelation for us. Well done to MON for trusting him. He will be missed in the Playoff 1st leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Lets pray we don't get Croatia
    The rest we would give a game
    I'd be of the opinion that we have a better chance against them than any of the others.

:confused:

That post was 7 hours ago and clearly I was referring to the fact that you seemed to believe we played with no fear this campaign. It was our biggest flaw this calender year up to tonight.

If you want to gamble with football and take it to the last 20 minutes of the campaign, that is not always the best plan.

I alluded to the fact that I want MON to stay on but I just pulled you up on that comment, rightly so.
    Wrong. I was asked by another poster what has MON brought to the set up since he took over? My answer was that on the big occasion he has the ability to steel his players and they play with no fear whereas other teams bottle it on the big occasion. I mentioned Scotland for example who were 1 up at half time but froze in the second half. MON has always had that man management ability to get the very best out of his players in terms of character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

November 11/12 and 13/14 no chance we'll have Coleman.
    I thought he was coming back very soon though he won't have match fitness probably.

I'd be of the opinion that we have a better chance against them than any of the others.

I agree.

I'd take Croatia. They are at their worst ebb in a decade and a half and, yes they won away tonight (this Ukraine team are far from anyway brilliant), they are also on a poor run of results. In comparison Denmark are a team on a great unbeaten run and brimming of confidence with some very good technical players also. in their midfield and forward line, all playing at top level clubs .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement