Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland Team Talk/News/Rumours 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Would it be hard to get tickets for the home leg? Will they sell out quick online? Last game I was at was Sweden at the euros so not exactly a regular..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Would it be hard to get tickets for the home leg? Will they sell out quick online? Last game I was at was Sweden at the euros so not exactly a regular..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Oh dear, someone is upset:pac: You should be, you exposed yourself horrendously in the Wales/Ireland match thread and that's where your bitterness stems from.

Actually I do watch the rugby internationals but the soccer game that day takes precedence.

Embarrassing stuff from you pal, I'm scarlet for ya:o

:rolleyes: sure buddy, enjoy being a delusional Celtic fan, the only sad thing is you bring your nonsense in here to the Irish thread
    Like other posters have said you havent a clue what your talking about, you are just talking nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Seems like you can only buy 1 ticket as well, what's the point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    You'll have an email about with a link, follow that

when was the email sent?

haven't heard diddly from the FAI at all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

When I follow the presale link I don't even get anything.

Hopefully just a glitch and is back up.
    Someone else said as well they could only buy 1 ticket. Seems a bit odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

when was the email sent?

haven't heard diddly from the FAI at all

I got it yesterday afternoon around 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

I went on the 3 pre-sale at 11.00 and was only giving the option to buy 1 ticket, choose best available and it sais sorry no tickets.
    Went on again and got a slightly different page where I could choose up to 4 tickets, I choose 2 but didn't get those either.
    Now I'm just getting errors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Only had the option for one as well so I left it.

Will try and get tickets for four of us on Friday.

• Advertisement

Finally popped up for me.

All started normally, selected 2 tickets, then after putting in presale code it will only allow me to select 1 ticket.

Hopefully fixed soon.
    Will check back during the day, presale lasts for the day anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Harambe wrote: »
    I went on the 3 pre-sale at 11.00 and was only giving the option to buy 1 ticket, choose best available and it sais sorry no tickets.
    Went on again and got a slightly different page where I could choose up to 4 tickets, I choose 2 but didn't get those either.
    Now I'm just getting errors.

had the opposite allowed to select 4 but when I selected 50 euro got an error. Now only able to select 2 but nothing available and getting an error

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I also got the error, it only allowed me to buy 1 ticket which is useless. Will have to try again on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Lads turning down 'only 1 ticket'?? LOL, ffs its going to be a sell out, take what you can get

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Of course it should be one ticket per season ticket holder, it's exactly like buying away tickets or tickets to the Euro's. One season ticket should always equal one ticket to buy.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Of course it should be one ticket per season ticket holder, it's exactly like buying away tickets or tickets to the Euro's. One season ticket should always equal one ticket to buy.

i have 2 season tickets and didn't even get a friggin email with a link about it. they're fckn amateurs.

• Advertisement

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Finally popped up for me.

All started normally, selected 2 tickets, then after putting in presale code it will only allow me to select 1 ticket.

Hopefully fixed soon.
    Will check back during the day, presale lasts for the day anyway.

Lasts all day?

Sure everything is gone?

Or am I missing something?

Lads turning down 'only 1 ticket'?? LOL, ffs its going to be a sell out, take what you can get

Ah, it's a tradition at this stage.

First year the four of us didn't get a season ticket in decades so concensus was to try our luck on Friday for four or two 2s.

125 for the one I was offered was a bit steep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I was only allowed one ticket as well, I took it, be crazy not to! Not arsed being separated from my mates, I will be fully focused on the game, will see them gimps before and after :D

It's not even a case of turning down "only 1 ticket". Even selecting 1 ticket for best available gives no result, same story at 11 when it opened.
    <edit> Seems like the 1 tickets were working and just went off too quick for me so!<edit>
    Plus it's hardly being that greedy or crazy to want 2 tickets beside each other. Would prefer to be sitting beside my Dad if we both going to the game.

Kingp35 wrote: »

This isn't just for season ticket holders, it's the presale done by 3.
    They do this all the time and it's normally maxed at 4 tickets a game with a limited number of tickets designated to them.

noodler wrote: »
    Lasts all day?

Sure everything is gone?

Or am I missing something?

Appears so! I had assumed there was an error with it as when I tried this morning it wasn't giving me results.

Must have sold out within first 4 mins or so when went up.

• Advertisement

feck it what a pain. Site wouldn't load in work only got the header and footer but not content. Tried to get them through my phone but missed out.

feck it what a pain. Site wouldn't load in work only got the header and footer but not content. Tried to get them through my phone but missed out.

Have to re-group for Friday.

May put in a fake meeting slot on the calendar and prepare myself :P

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Have to re-group for Friday.

May put in a fake meeting slot on the calendar and prepare myself :P

using that :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

How much is a season ticket ? and do they go on sale before each campaign or each year if that makes sense ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

How much is a season ticket ? and do they go on sale before each campaign or each year if that makes sense ?

ST runs from June to June each year I think.First game on this year's was Serbia.
    Cheapest ST is €130 and €220 is the most expensive .

How much is a season ticket ? and do they go on sale before each campaign or each year if that makes sense ?
    yabadabado wrote: »
    ST runs from June to June each year I think.First game on this year's was Serbia.
    Cheapest ST is €130 and €220 is the most expensive .

It's well worth it if you're thinking about it next year.

I'm raging tbh. I decided not to go for it this year as moved abroad, could tell a playoff was coming, would have made life so much easier!

I'll probably end up spending more just trying to get tickets to the Denmark game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It is good value especially if you do FAI cup final and friendlies.
    The 2 qualiiers and play off game probably has covered the cost of mine compared to buying on a match by match basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Anyone try ringing the FAI offices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

fcc157e41d91b10a6b456adcd046340bffdd7131ee7736b50f8b0be9aef228b4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

irishman86 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: sure buddy, enjoy being a delusional Celtic fan, the only sad thing is you bring your nonsense in here to the Irish thread
    Like other posters have said you havent a clue what your talking about, you are just talking nonsense
    :pac: This from the guy who came on to the Wales Ireland thread to slate James McClean and then inexplicably continued even after he scored the winning goal. You got your ass handed to you in that thread by several posters pal and it looks like you're still sore about it.

• Advertisement

fcc157e41d91b10a6b456adcd046340bffdd7131ee7736b50f8b0be9aef228b4.jpg

Was only wondering if anyone rang to query what was up with the site...!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I rang... it rang out no answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Wasting your time, how would they know? It was ticketmaster's gig

Wasting your time, how would they know? It was ticketmaster's gig

Ah, ok, my ignorance. Thought they may have some info, on behalf of the season ticket holders! Just trying to help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Ah, ok, my ignorance. Thought they may have some info, on behalf of the season ticket holders! Just trying to help!

I got on and got my extra 4 tickets... Did other people have problems??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

TheCitizen wrote: »
    :pac: This from the guy who came on to the Wales Ireland thread to slate James McClean and then inexplicably continued even after he scored the winning goal. You got your ass handed to you in that thread by several posters pal and it looks like you're still sore about it.

What exactly am i sore about, you are the one who hasnt a clue what hes talking about
    Everything i said about McClean is true, you just spout drivel how people hate the North if they dont agree with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Don't we have a load of yellow cards going into the first leg ?

can we have a circular sub-forum for these arguments that go round and round and never get anywhere? just for the 3 or 4 of yis?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

can we have a circular sub-forum for these arguments that go round and round and never get anywhere? just for the 3 or 4 of yis?!

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Ha ha, great idea... or schoolchildren.ie might have a forum they could use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Don't we have a load of yellow cards going into the first leg ?

Think we have four. I know Ward, Duffy and Christie are on yellows and if I'm not mistaken Arter is also on a yellow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Any chance the back and forth between those 2 guys could be elsewhere...

Honestly I would prefer to have the 2nd leg away. Might sound odd but Ireland have preformed better away from home recently and it'd also leave the potential for extra time away goals for Ireland.

That 4-0 vs Poland I keep hearing about has me somewhat worried for this fixture. This will be anything but easy but I'm still happy it wasn't Croatia or Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Honestly I would prefer to have the 2nd leg away. Might sound odd but Ireland have preformed better away from home recently and it'd also leave the potential for extra time away goals for Ireland.

That 4-0 vs Poland I keep hearing about has me somewhat worried for this fixture. This will be anything but easy but I'm still happy it wasn't Croatia or Italy.

There is no doubt to put it mildly this won't be easy they are favorites overall. We for sure have a real shot at winning this tie but they are definitely favorites going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

anyone else try make a new account on away.fai.ie?

lets me enter my details but don't get an email to login??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

We might knock in a couple of away goals....Shane Long has to come good soon so might as well be that game .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

i hear about this poland game a lot, anyone thinking they will put two or more past us in a match is deluded IMO. The irish matches are almost always extremely tight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Idbatterim wrote: »
    i hear about this poland game a lot, anyone thinking they will put two or more past us in a match is deluded IMO. The irish matches are almost always extremely tight...

We have conceded two or more in four competitive matches under the lads. Against France, Belgium, Serbia and Poland. Deluded is way too strong. I mean it's probably unlikely but at the same time I wouldn't be shocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The 4-0 v Poland is all well and good, but they still finished 5 points behind them, and managed to lose at home to Montenegro, and draw at home to Romania.

They're still the favourites, but damn we should give them a right good game and have absolutely nothing to be afraid of.

Idbatterim wrote: »

I'm glad you put that "IMO" into your comment!

It's hardly deluded for one to contemplate they are capable of putting a few goals against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Against France, Belgium
    yeah I remember the belgium one, as I watched it in fanzone in bordeaux. France we were down to ten men and we had far less rest days than them...

I reckon there will only be a goal in it either way, its the way we play, we dont score many, but we dont concede many...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement