Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland Team Talk/News/Rumours 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

The 4-0 v Poland is all well and good, but they still finished 5 points behind them, and managed to lose at home to Montenegro, and draw at home to Romania.

They're still the favourites, but damn we should give them a right good game and have absolutely nothing to be afraid of.

Campaigns are long though and it's very likely the team now could be far better than the one that started out the qualifiers, their form would suggest that anyway.

Saying that, Wales were unbeaten in 9 and we put them to the sword so we've shown we can nullify confident in form sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

The application for away tickets to Denmark is opened now.

Not many seats going but good luck to all trying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Yellow card suspensions could be huge swing for either team in the second leg, if some materialize

Danish players on yellows:

Christian Eriksen, Henrik Dalsgaard, Kasper Schmeichel, Nicolai Jorgensen, Peter Ankersen, Simon Kjaer, Thomas Delaney, Viktor Fischer and Yussuf Poulsen

Irish players on yellows

Darren Randolph, Cyrus Christie, Shane Duffy, Ciaran Clark, Stephen Ward, Daryl Murphy, James McClean and Harry Arter, Glenn Whelan, Walters, Coleman

Our whole back 5 !!!!

Meyler is out also for first leg. Was in great form for us. He got sent off last weekend for two yellows but I was just looking back over his disciplinary record and for such a combative midfielder, he has only been booked about half a dozen games in almost 50 games.

But, saying that, some big players in the Danish side carrying yellows also, and with a bit of luck.......cough...Eriksen...cough . I mean if Meyler misses the first leg its only fair that Eriksen misses the second!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Adamocovic wrote: »
    The application for away tickets to Denmark is opened now.

Not many seats going but good luck to all trying!

Having difficulty registering a new account, don't suppose anyone not looking for tickets could let me use theirs? Will definitely be in Copenhagen then

Don't even know if that's possible though tbh

Having difficulty registering a new account, don't suppose anyone not looking for tickets could let me use theirs? Will definitely be in Copenhagen then

Don't even know if that's possible though tbh

What difficulties are you having? I'm attempting to get one but not very likely with the few up for grabs.

Now it mightn't be great but have you tried contacting Away Portal online? Should be quick and easy to set it up, just name, passport number, fai membership if you have one etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Adamocovic wrote: »
    What difficulties are you having? I'm attempting to get one but not very likely with the few up for grabs.

Now it mightn't be great but have you tried contacting Away Portal online? Should be quick and easy to set it up, just name, passport number, fai membership if you have one etc.

Able to pop in all my details for an account grand and it says they'll send login details to my email but nothing arrives. Tried trash and different emails but nothing....

Yep mailed the portal few days ago but no response

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Anyone know if we're getting 5 or 10%?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Anyone know if we're getting 5 or 10%?

Initially came out as 5% but apparently Delaney and the boys trying a "you give us 10% we'll give you 10%" deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Yellow card suspensions could be huge swing for either team in the second leg, if some materialize

Danish players on yellows:

Christian Eriksen, Henrik Dalsgaard, Kasper Schmeichel, Nicolai Jorgensen, Peter Ankersen, Simon Kjaer, Thomas Delaney, Viktor Fischer and Yussuf Poulsen

Irish players on yellows

Darren Randolph, Cyrus Christie, Shane Duffy, Ciaran Clark, Stephen Ward, Daryl Murphy, James McClean and Harry Arter, Glenn Whelan, Walters, Coleman

Our whole back 5 !!!!

Meyler is out also for first leg. Was in great form for us. He got sent off last weekend for two yellows but I was just looking back over his disciplinary record and for such a combative midfielder, he has only been booked about half a dozen games in almost 50 games.

But, saying that, some big players in the Danish side carrying yellows also, and with a bit of luck.......cough...Eriksen...cough . I mean if Meyler misses the first leg its only fair that Eriksen misses the second!

It's ridiculous that Coleman is still under threat of suspension; this whole yellow card thing is a farce - you should only get suspended if you get booked in consecutive games.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Is Walters definitely ruled out for the November games ? Out of Long,Murphy and himself he’d always be my first preference although the Murph has grown on me since Italy game doesn’t score much but is a big man and throws his weight around also his hold up play is fantastic.

Seen a combined Republic and North team the other day and had to laugh at it they had McCauley in ahead of Duffy maybe a year ago yeah but Duffy has turned into a solid cb for us and a real leader...maybe I’m just being biased :P

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote: »
    It's ridiculous that Coleman is still under threat of suspension; this whole yellow card thing is a farce - you should only get suspended if you get booked in consecutive games.

Don't agree with that, but I do think yellows should be wiped off, post group stage. And maybe increase it to 3 yellow cards in group stage.

If anything, now, it takes an edge off the first leg also, with both teams having the bookings playing on there minds (to a small degree for most of course, but I can't help thinking a player like Eriksen, for example would be reminded to thread carefully by management- possibly to our advantage)

No player/manager would admit such but Kilbane spoke about it recently and he did say it does play on the minds of players approaching big games.

Hopefully such a mentality won't affect our back 4 as we rely on their physicality and a few dark arts from them also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

There is no question in todays game getting a suspension after 2 yellows in a qualifying campaign that is 10 games long is too low a number of yellows. Makes it even worse when the playoffs take it up another 2 games.
    Should be 3 yellows over 10 games for me and then maybe it takes four yellows if you make the playoffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Seen a combined Republic and North team the other day and had to laugh at it they had McCauley in ahead of Duffy maybe a year ago yeah but Duffy has turned into a solid cb for us and a real leader...maybe I’m just being biased :P

Think McCauley just shades it for me, Duffy is turning into a fine player and come the end of the season he'll probably pass him out. McCauley is pushing on now and can see him retiring from football this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Is Walters definitely ruled out for the November games ? Out of Long,Murphy and himself he’d always be my first preference although the Murph has grown on me since Italy game doesn’t score much but is a big man and throws his weight around also his hold up play is fantastic.

Big fan of McAuley. Some man for the goals as well.

I'd have him ahead of Duffy for the moment but Duffy's performance VS Italy/Wales and regular prem football will hopefully change that soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

McCauley was one of those that came good and better as quite a mature Player .

He is a great example of a player that improved with age and has had a fine long career .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Any chance that J Walters will be back for playoffs?

no.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

He's out till the new year afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

How much are tickets for the home match?

All I can find is ST for €130

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

How much are tickets for the home match?

All I can find is ST for €130

Tickets were priced from €30 to €120 but only premium level going on sale tomorrow at €120.

ST is that on sale anymore,that starts at €130.I thought they wouldn't be selling them at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Bandage

Very, very, very good posts on this thread either side of the Wales-Ireland game by The Citizen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

yabadabado wrote: »
    Tickets were priced from €30 to €120 but only premium level going on sale tomorrow at €120.

ST is that on sale anymore,that starts at €130.I thought they wouldn't be selling them at this stage.

Classic FAI trying to squeeze as much money out of fans as possible, either that or they're just that unorganised they can't count, i wouldn't put that past them though couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery that lot. Just justifies me not giving them a penny until Delaney is gone even more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

If its only premium level today, when will the rest be sold?? There aren't that many season ticket holders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

If its only premium level today, when will the rest be sold?? There aren't that many season ticket holders.

All non-premium tickets already gone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Airtricity and 3 customers got them.

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »
    All non-premium tickets already gone.

When did they go on sale?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭yknaa

Airtricity and 3 customers got them.

There are 14,000 ST holders. They were also allowed purchase up to 4 tickets in the presale. However it seems that most were only able to grab one or two. Add these together and ballpark 30k+ tickets are already sold. Add in JC Lounge and '3' presale numbers along with the allocation for away support. This leaves few seats for general sale today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Don't forget that clubs around the country get them too

15k season ticket holders afaik.Probably half that many accounts.

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Classic FAI trying to squeeze as much money out of fans as possible, either that or they're just that unorganised they can't count, i wouldn't put that past them though couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery that lot. Just justifies me not giving them a penny until Delaney is gone even more.

What are you talking about? I'm no fan of the FAI but how are the squeezing the fans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

All sold out it seems. Will be a brilliant atmosphere in sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Gutted to not have gotten tickets though not surprised. With the season tix, the corporate ones and the clubs getting some (as is appropriate), I always felt the odds were against me.

Would have been nice to have a few more tickets on general sale but might get lucky in the second-hand market, maybe.

Can't say the FAI are squeezing people but those who bought tickets and immediately listed them on Viagogo, etc for double the price are absolute scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Gutted to be missing out but it is good that season ticket holders are getting looked after. Regret not getting it this year as been to all the matches just wasnt sure at the time id be able to . Wont make that mistake again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Gutted to be missing out but it is good that season ticket holders are getting looked after. Regret not getting it this year as been to all the matches just wasnt sure at the time id be able to . Wont make that mistake again

Exact same boat. Live in Cork so couldn't guarantee travel. Ended up with a really flexible work schedule that meant I could make almost everything!

Next time...

Can't say the FAI are squeezing people but those who bought tickets and immediately listed them on Viagogo, etc for double the price are absolute scumbags.

I just see this as good business, it's the people buying them are worse for encouraging this market (I have bought these before though).

I just see this as good business, it's the people buying them are worse for encouraging this market (I have bought these before though).

I'd be the same. Different people have different disposable incomes. If someone wants to spend 2-300 on a ticket that's their choice. The person selling it is only acting as a middleman to someone who can afford higher prices and couldn't be bothered scrambling around for tickets when they are released.

I'd be the same. Different people have different disposable incomes. If someone wants to spend 2-300 on a ticket that's their choice. The person selling it is only acting as a middleman to someone who can afford higher prices and couldn't be bothered scrambling around for tickets when they are released.

Ah no, I mean the FAI aren't profiting from touts but the lads selling tickets for 2-300 should be dealt with imo.

Dunno what could feasibly done but wouldn't be defending/dismissing the role of the tout as a mere middleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

What are you talking about? I'm no fan of the FAI but how are the squeezing the fans?

Because the FAI knew how man tickets were being allocated to pre sale, it wasnt a case of 2 per person or anything it was a case of x number of tickets and first come first served. So as they they knew how many were going for pre sale they knew how many would go on general sale. To advertise that tickets would be on sale for general sale when they previously knew there wouldn't be any after all the pre sale tickets were gone was either false advertising or given whos running running the FAI, something dodgy has gone on, my moneys on they were sold straight to touts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Because the FAI knew how man tickets were being allocated to pre sale, it wasnt a case of 2 per person or anything it was a case of x number of tickets and first come first served. So as they they knew how many were going for pre sale they knew how many would go on general sale. To advertise that tickets would be on sale for general sale when they previously knew there wouldn't be any after all the pre sale tickets were gone was either false advertising or given whos running running the FAI, something dodgy has gone on, my moneys on they were sold straight to touts.

Every ticket is traceable whether it went via a club or league within the FAI, one of the FAI’s sponsors or to fans.

Do you really think someone in the FAI lifted 50 tickets out of the system to personally profit from????

Duffy really impressing me in the premier league this season, has a real commanding presence.

Coleman aside he's our one player who I think has the ability to progress to a high level, an Arsenal or Liverpool could be a good move for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yeah great to see Duffy back for Brighton! Carra raving bout his performance so far (match is free on sky sports mix btw)

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Duffy really impressing me in the premier league this season, has a real commanding presence.

Coleman aside he's our one player who I think has the ability to progress to a high level, an Arsenal or Liverpool could be a good move for him.

Ah now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

No chance, he’s is slow, prone to rash fouls and is bad on the ball.

On the positive defender he’s an agricultural defender and a threat from set pieces.

Dots1982 wrote: »

On the positive defender he’s an agricultural defender and a threat from set pieces.

Always seems one of the more technical/composed centre backs when I've seen him.

I guess we'll see, I rate him highly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Dots1982 wrote: »

Always seems one of the more technical/composed centre backs when I've seen him.

I guess we'll see, I rate him highly.

He’s had a good campaign for ireland but was up against Marc Janko, Robson Kanu and Mitrovic. Throw in Shane Long or Daryl Murphy and I doubt there was a group outside of ours with a worst cast of frontmen.

Take off those green tinted glasses.A long long way to go before he would be attracting the likes of those teams.

Take off those green tinted glasses.A long long way to go before he would be attracting the likes of those teams.

I'd be the harshest critic of the low level of talent that's come through this country but think he's got a bit of class about him.

I'm not saying he'll get one straight away but in terms of scope for career improvement I'd rate his higher than everyone bar Coleman in our squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I’d say a top 6 team would be beyond him, but seeing as Keane and Maguire got big moves last summer, he’d be well capable of getting a similar one.

He’s proving he’s well able for the premiership.

Still mid October.

Lets give him a (half) season at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

He reminds me of a younger Richard Dunne, solid no nonsense defender who wears his heart on his sleeve but has a mistake in him and isn't blessed with pace. Hopefully he can go on to have a similar career in an Irish jersey.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement