Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland Team Talk/News/Rumours 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

I like it!

Pity you can't get it without the sponsor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I like it!

Pity you can't get it without the sponsor.

I don't know about that now, could be worst sponsors to have on the front - I like to look at mine from the front and pretend I'm Denis Irwin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Anyone embed a pic of the new kit, can't access Twitter in work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Jersey is nice, but I wouldn't buy it with 3 on the front. If they want me to advertise them then they can pay me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Jersey is nice, but I wouldn't buy it with 3 on the front. If they want me to advertise them then they can pay me.

Do you say the same when you bought your super dry jacket?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I love the jersey. I don't mind the 3 logo. Ill get getting it on Thursday when it's out but I may pass on the name/number. The cultic style font does look cool though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

I'd say they'll be knocking down your door alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Would love a training top similar to the ones they had the last time (no durrty 3 logo).

Fwiw the jersey is manky imo. One of the worst iterations yet.

Tyson Fury wrote: »

I don't have a Superdry jacket. And that would only be a decent analogy if Superdry jackets has a sponsor on them. AFAIK they don't.

Or (if you are imagining that the company who actually made the jacket are sponsors) they were the only international brand jacket that had a poxy looking sponsor on the front of them.

Either way your analogy sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

will they be bringing out a new polo shirt (media shirt i think they call them) ??.

perfer polos than jerseys for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

This makes no sense.

Having Umbro on the jersey is the equivalent to SuperDry, not the sponsor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

callaway92 wrote: »
    This makes no sense.

Having Umbro on the jersey is the equivalent to SuperDry, not the sponsor.

He said he doesn't want to advertise for 3 unless they pay him, when he's wearing his super dry jacket not only is he advertising for them for free but he's also paying for the privilege.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

He said he doesn't want to advertise for 3 unless they pay him, when he's wearing his super dry jacket not only is he advertising for them for free but he's also paying for the privilege.

Umbro/Superdry have made the garment. 3 are using it for advertising. There is a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Anywhere doing the jersey for less than €70?

The jersey have coordinates in the collar. Unfortunately instead of the Aviva, as it's meant to be, it's an apartment block 500m away. You'd think they'd have done due diligence to make sure something like this didn't happen.

Anywhere doing the jersey for less than €70?

70 in jd/champion too. Surely everys or something will have it cheaper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

More importantly, is anywhere doing a particularly good special offer on the old jersey ?

sugarman wrote: »
    €70 in elverys, but if you know anyone on three you can use the 20% off code.

Who wants to make a new friend? Lol

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Who wants to make a new friend? Lol

If you are buying online send me a pm and I'll send you a code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

not a great jersey....wish our jerseys where green instead of the that dull green. bring back the 88 jersey I say

• Advertisement

If you are buying online send me a pm and I'll send you a code.

I'm buying one in a shop as I'm going away that weekend and I wasn't too wear it. I appreciate the offer though:)

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I'm buying one in a shop as I'm going away that weekend and I wasn't too wear it. I appreciate the offer though:)

Yeah, I checked the app and it says to show the code or enter it online. I can send you a code and see if they take it in store without the phone

Yeah, I checked the app and it says to show the code or enter it online. I can send you a code and see if they take it in store without the phone

That would be great. Ill pm you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Redo91

Am I right in saying for Euro 2012 it was possible to buy the Ireland jersey without the 3 logo? I could have sworn lifestyle sports were selling it or something. I'll probably end up buying it eventually but I'd love it without the sponsor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Redo91 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying for Euro 2012 it was possible to buy the Ireland jersey without the 3 logo? I could have sworn lifestyle sports were selling it or something. I'll probably end up buying it eventually but I'd love it without the sponsor.

http://www.uksoccershop.com/images/ireland-training-jersey-green-2012-13.jpg

Thats it there, I bought it. I think its more a training jersey though. Think quite a few of us in work bought it as soon as we saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Really looking forward to seeing Alan Judge in the friendlies this month. He has 13 goals this season and the most assists in the Championship.

Midfield for Euro 2016 might look like this
    Arter
    Judge - Whelan - McCarthy - Walters

And Hoolahan, Brady, Hendrick, McClean, McGeady there if it needs to be changed around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Godot. wrote: »
    Really looking forward to seeing Alan Judge in the friendlies this month. He has 13 goals this season and the most assists in the Championship.

Midfield for Euro 2016 might look like this
    Arter
    Judge - Whelan - McCarthy - Walters

And Hoolahan, Brady, Hendrick, McClean, McGeady there if it needs to be changed around

Id say Brady is a nailed on starter now tbh.

so, getting closer and closer to Euro 2016.

So far so good in terms of injuries. Marc Wilson had a bad injury, but is expected to be back befiore the end of the season.
    That's important as he can cover CB and LB.

A possible first 11:

Randalf - playing at least in the FA cup for West Ham, and playing very well

Coleman - playing regularly
    O'Shea - playing regularly
    Keogh - playing regularly
    Brady - playing regularly

Whelan - playing regularly, and in very good form
    McCarthy - playing regularly
    Hoolihan - playing reasonably regularly
    Hendrick - playing regularly
    Walters - playing regularly

Long - playing regularly, doing well

of the rest, McClean and McGeady are also getting some game time,
    Eliot is getting game time at Newcastle (although Forde and Given are not)
    , Artur at Bournemouth, Daryl Murphy at Ipswich

So overall, so far so good.

So far so good in terms of injuries. Marc Wilson had a bad injury, but is expected to be back befiore the end of the season.

A possible first 11:

Ward is playing for Burnley regularly and O'Neill seems to rate him so wouldnt be surprised if he started LB and Brady went to LW instead of Hendrick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Hendrick is playing a lot more regularly since Derby sacked Clement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Bowlardo wrote: »
    not a great jersey....wish our jerseys where green instead of the that dull green. bring back the 88 jersey I say

My favourite actually goes back to the O'Neills days:

8afb0a023e5d7dfd161bda6af7da667c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

A possible first 11:

Don't forget about Grealish :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Whelan - playing regularly, and in very good form McCarthy - playing regularly Hoolihan - playing reasonably regularly Hendrick - playing regularly Walters - playing regularly

Could see arter pushing the midfield for a starting berth. Was injured the weekend but plays most weeks, good with the ball and a bag of energy.

treated myself to the long sleeved new jersey. 60 euro (15 euro discount with 3plus)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭earlytobed

eire4 wrote: »
    My favourite actually goes back to the O'Neills days:

8afb0a023e5d7dfd161bda6af7da667c.jpg

Was driving around Kenya a few years ago and saw a kid on a bicycle wearing one of these

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

When is the squad being announced for the friendlies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

http://m.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2016/0307/773099-irish-abroad-injuries-mount-for-oneill/

On Friday, if Rte are correct.

Think I heard on Monday Night Football it was Friday too.

When is the squad being announced for the friendlies?

Announcing an extended squad of 30-40 on Friday I think.

Will confirm the final 21-25 man squad after the games on the weekend 19/20 March

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

McGeady not even in the Wednesday squad last night.
    I wonder will he even get a look in for the friendlies?
    Surely he would have hoped the loan deal would mean for regular first team football.
    Something just sounds wrong.
    Carlos Carvalhal has told BBC Radio Sheffield that Aiden McGeady dropped out of Sheffield Wednesday’s team due to the rotation policy he has operated with at Hillsborough so far.

McGeady was surprisingly omitted from Wednesday’s match day squad for their match against Brighton & Hove Albion yesterday evening.

However, Carvalhal insists that the Everton loanee has not done anything wrong.

“He’s a new player,” Carvalhal said. “If you ask me about McGeady you must ask me about Jack Hunt and Michael Turner.

“We are in a situation where we use squad rotation.”

Wednesday have used a vast amount of players this campaign, as Carvalhal has consistently tinkered with his line-up.

The formula has worked to good effect to date, as Wednesday have climbed into a play off spot.

Many were expecting McGeady to come in an push the Owls on to new heights, when he arrived from Everton in January. However, the Republic of Ireland international has not had as big an impact as hoped yet.

Wednesday have failed to win any of their last five Championship matches, and McGeady is yet to score in his first six appearances.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/09/sheffield-wednesday-boss-carlos-carvalhals-response-when-asked-w/

I think Robbie Keane will have to go to France more for the motivation factors than anything.

Wud 2 draws and loss to Italy do for qualification to round 16 or is one win a must.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I think Robbie Keane will have to go to France more for the motivation factors than anything.

Wud 2 draws and loss to Italy do for qualification to round 16 or is one win a must.

I think if one team wins all their games, and the others are all draws.
    Then one team has 9 points and wins group, all the others have 2 points.

But it's likely 3 points needed at a minimum

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Watched Jack Bryne play for Camburr at the weekend. Away to Feyenord and he couldn't have been more impressive. First thought he might be a bit too small for his position, but his composure on the ball and his vision was exceptionally. Probably one of the best dead ball delivery game I've seen in a while as well. Be interesting to see what City do next year with him.

wardides wrote: »
    Watched Jack Bryne play for Camburr at the weekend. Away to Feyenord and he couldn't have been more impressive. .....Be interesting to see what City do next year with him.

I'm sure Pep will be following his progress closely ;)

i didnt knw the new jerseys were tight fit. have to bring it back and get the xl now (its not too bad but a little tight).

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i didnt knw the new jerseys were tight fit. have to bring it back and get the xl now (its not too bad but a little tight).

I had to get XL too. Is it tight fit though? I'm always stuck between L and XL in any tshirt or shirt. XL is s little loose on me but feck it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Got xl here, xxl a lil too big, £55, so down tomorrow try find infants with somewhere that would do name but only a few hours. Someone suggested lifestyle, anywhere else and anyone got name/number yet?? Whats look like and can it be done on 2-3 yr old kit o.O?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

wardides wrote: »
    Watched Jack Bryne play for Camburr at the weekend. Away to Feyenord and he couldn't have been more impressive. First thought he might be a bit too small for his position, but his composure on the ball and his vision was exceptionally. Probably one of the best dead ball delivery game I've seen in a while as well. Be interesting to see what City do next year with him.

Probably send him out on loan somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

If you have a code or someone else does, please let me know as I would like to buy it online from Mc elvery

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/oneill-announces-provisional-squad-for-three-international-friendlies

MON has announced a provisional squad for the upcoming friendlies.

No Shay Given in it, maybe he's injured?

TheCitizen wrote: »
    http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/oneill-announces-provisional-squad-for-three-international-friendlies

MON has announced a provisional squad for the upcoming friendlies.

No Shay Given in it, maybe he's injured?

He's been out injured most the season!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement