Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland Team Talk/News/Rumours 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Apologies if it's been answered before but will there be alcohol sold in the ground this friday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Randolph has the jersey now and it's for him to have it taken it off him now. As much as I think Westwood is a fine keeper, Randolph has played the games and played well in them, for keepers at international level that means a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭eire4

Corholio wrote: »
    Randolph has the jersey now and it's for him to have it taken it off him now. As much as I think Westwood is a fine keeper, Randolph has played the games and played well in them, for keepers at international level that means a lot.

I am ok with Randolph being the current number 1 but there has to be something we don't know about with Westwood because on pure ability and form at the very least he should be our number 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

BOHtox wrote: »
    Apologies if it's been answered before but will there be alcohol sold in the ground this friday?

I saw on facebook the other day that there will be alcohol sold, bars open at 5.30pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Looks like Artur is out of the squad due to injury.

I'd imagine he's one that they wanted to take a closer look at in these friendlies, so a real shame for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,464 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I saw on facebook the other day that there will be alcohol sold, bars open at 5.30pm.

Last time I was there only non alcoholic beer was available in the non premium/corporate section.

The bars may be open but will they be selling alcohol ?

Its a UEFA rule I believe.

And what happens at rugby games has no bearing on it whatsoever.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Alcohol will be served in the Premium section anyway.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Alcohol will be served in the Premium section anyway.
    Yes, always is, but not in the "normal" sections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just heard on 4fm that they'll play Belarus in Turners Cross on 31 May. It mentioned warm up game, and it's around them training in Fota.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Any idea what time the bar in the premium section stops serving at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The composition of the Rugby team is a complete joke at the moment.

Hyperbole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Last time I was there only non alcoholic beer was available in the non premium/corporate section.

The bars may be open but will they be selling alcohol ?

Its a UEFA rule I believe.

That UEFA rule only applies to qualifiers, playoffs, games in final tournaments and such like. The rules are much more relaxed for friendlies.
    99% sure that alcohol will be sold in all the bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Rega

What's the deal with tickets for the u-21 game this evening in Waterford? I checked ticketmaster and they're not for sale. Is it pay at the gate or is it sold out?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Alcohol served in all bars

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Any word on when team is announced or will it be shortly before kick-off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

banter from Martin O'Neill

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35894881
    Republic of Ireland manager Martin O'Neill has joked that "uglier" wives and girlfriends will not be allowed to visit the squad during Euro 2016.

O'Neill, 64, was asked at a news conference on Thursday if his players' partners would be welcomed at the team base in France.

"I think it depends on how good looking the girls are really," said the former Aston Villa and Celtic boss.

"If they're really attractive, they're very, very welcome."

O'Neill, whose side entertain Switzerland in a friendly in Dublin on Friday, added: "The uglier ones I'm afraid not."

Earlier this week, Wales boss Chris Coleman said wives, girlfriends and family members will be banned from his team's hotel during the early stages of their Euro 2016 campaign.

O'Neill's comments come in a week when tennis has become engulfed in a sexism and equal pay row.

Indian Wells CEO Raymond Moore resigned after saying female players should "get down on their knees" and give thanks for the stars of the men's game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

U-21s 1-0 up on Italy, almost went 2-0 ahead there. Live on Setanta now

The Mig wrote: »
    Alcohol served in all bars

Yep,full bar service happening. FAI are making sure to promote that on their site:
    http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/republic-of-ireland-v-switzerland-information

U-21s now 2-1 behind, seriously soft goal there. 1st Italy goal was brilliant.

• Advertisement

3-1 Italy now, nice quick thinking. All over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just reading there - only 5 of the starting 11 in the U21s game....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Regardless of the result, Jack Byrne looks a serious talent from the little I've seen of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

I feel like banging my head against the table that this is a 'storm'. He's one of the most sarcastic people you're likely to hear and he was obviously taking the piss out of the stupid question with a hyperbolically stupid answer. At least he knows now that must people don't get his humour. Get me off this planet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Anyone any idea where to find the Swiss squad for tonight?? Have googled and can't seem to find anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Anyone any idea where to find the Swiss squad for tonight?? Have googled and can't seem to find anything

The squad for these games is listed on Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzerland_national_football_team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Best bet for parking at the aviva? I usually get the dart but will probably be driving in.
    Won't be getting in until 6.30/7 though

The squad for these games is listed on Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzerland_national_football_team

Thanks for that. Hard to believe Shaquiri is still only 24!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

Anyone know if any radio stations will be covering this - won't be near a TV or internet for the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

quazzy wrote: »
    Anyone know if any radio stations will be covering this - won't be near a TV or internet for the game

it's on 2FM apparently.
    7pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,107 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

1-1 draw I think tonight.

Noticed turkey beat Sweden 2-1 last night and Italy drew 1-1 with Spain. The best third place spot could be there for us in France as Sweden may not be as good as we think (although zlatan can win a game on his own if in right form)

I presume the likes of Slattery's and The Gasworks aren't open for a couple of hours before the match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Any idea when the teams will be released

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Normally an hour before kick off

Anyone any idea why the Irish "ultras" took it upon themselves to turn the minutes silence into a clap???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I always think it's better to applause than have a minute's silence.

Also, wasn't there some shouting during the minutes silence before the Bosnia game?

Also, wasn't there some shouting during the minutes silence before the Bosnia game?

One lad shouted and the Bosnians self-policed it. Pathetic clapping for people who died in a tragedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭eire4

Agreed. I always think a minutes applause is better. A nice show of respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Damien Delaney must have switched off the tv (if he was watching) when the two reserve CBs combined for the only goal

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Damien Delaney must have switched off the tv (if he was watching) when the two reserve CBs combined for the only goal

Duffy looked a great player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Richie Sadlier is a drip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

delaad wrote: »
    Richie Sadlier is a drip

Lads we're ****e but I'm behind us 100% all the less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

eire4 wrote: »
    Agreed. I always think a minutes applause is better. A nice show of respect.

A minutes applause is only appropriate if it for someone who has lived a full life and died of natural causes.

It is totally inappropriate for deaths caused by a terrorist attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Is another way of saying what I said :cool:

A minutes applause is only appropriate if it for someone who has lived a full life and died of natural causes.

It is totally inappropriate for deaths caused by a terrorist attack.

Totally agree both have their place.

Was the one minutes silence supposed to be for Brussels, the former players and former Derry City player ?

In that case applause would have been best for the former players and silence for Brussels, but how do you separate them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

A team of journeymen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

delaad wrote: »
    Richie Sadlier is a drip

Him and the other guy Cunningham need to clean themselves up a bit. A shave would be a start.

Funny when they went through the squad , with probables and possibles, poor D.Gibson not even mentioned.

• Advertisement

Interesting we went with two strikers , Long and Doyle.

will we play 2 upfront v Sweden in June?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement