Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greece Athens holiday advice and questions

Options
  • 30-07-2015 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi,

Me and 5 of my friends are organizing a holiday for 7 days in September. We are looking for somewhere relatively cheap, with nice beaches to relax, with a bit of history, and then have a few drinks later at night. So Greece sounds suitable.

We are flying into Athens. But I have some questions and need some advice:

1) Is Athens expensive? Are any of the Islands a little cheaper? We are on tight budgets, and we can get a ferry to an island perhaps. It would also be great to see an island

2) Is it advisable to travel in Greece right now? They are having problems economically, but I'm sure tourists are welcome as they need them more than ever. But is there any increased hostility or airplane/taxi strikes that I should be aware of?

3) What is average price of:
    - A meal at an inexpensive restaurant?
    - A beer at a bar
    - Ferry to an island

4) Any other advice?

Thanks,
    David

Advertisement