Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,636 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I have no doubt Tubs will be looked back on as a great host/presenter in the future.

When it comes to give him his tribute, some RTE luvvies will tell us how great he was, what craic he was, how well read he was and how he loved acting the maggot.

They will all slap each others backs.

Sure even D'arcy will be remembered as a great DJ. Imagine that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

"This story is too much to talk about so I'll leave it" - gives a good 2 mins talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

That's almost half a million euro from people just sitting at home watching television on a Friday night.

Was he talking about the money people have to pay to rte as 'part of the terms and conditions of living in Ireland'.

I think they are coping on to the fact that the special edition late lates are getting more pull than their bog standard misery offerings.
    Theres tributes while people are still alive, after they die, country music, Irish abroad, toy show and now hes on about telethons. I have to say it is a step in the right direction at least theres variety to it.

Ryan talking about Antarctica reminds me of the quote, “I am just going outside and may be some time”. No, I’m not talking about Captain Oates, I’m talking about me, listening to the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,658 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

An upbeat number to get me jumpin’ and a jivin’ on a Monday morning.

• Advertisement

Glen Campbell didn’t sound himself, that’s for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Sigma101

Glen Campbell didn’t sound himself, that’s for sure

I thought it was really really good in fairness. Wasn't expecting that on RT show

Sigma101 wrote: »
    I thought it was really really good in fairness. Wasn't expecting that on RT show

Sorry, I’m old and for me that is forever Glen Campbell. It wasn’t a comment on whoever sang that version

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

in fairness to tubs he interviewed Armando ianucci like his job depended on it!

Glenda sounds sad to have been voted off ‘Dancing With The Stars’.

Why the long face?

Heh heh :cool:

Fine, suit yourselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Why the long face?

Heh heh :cool:

Fine, suit yourselves.
    Who's taking the horse to the dance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Why the long face?

Ah sure not to worry, when 'Dressage with the Stars' gets commissioned she'll be a shoo-in. :D

Maybe Tubs could chuck in the 6.5k?

I'm sure his bank balance wouldn't even notice it missing.

I wonder who is promoting that gig?

Edit: looked it up and yip, they are.

As I was passing on my way to the museum

Fiona Bruce is like a Vulcan

In a nice way of course

Straight in with fake laughing.
    A sense of this
    A sense of that
    Intriguing
    History

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Dog with cancer.

“One the Late Late tonight, we’ll be talking to two survivors of the Belsen concentration camp.”

Beat that, Graham Norton!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Ryan 'work horse' Tubridy doesn't want to retire, EVER!!

Gonna slog it out into his 70s. What a soldier. Let that be a lesson to all those in offices and on building sites complaining about being burnt out in their 50s - lightweights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Ryan 'work horse' Tubridy doesn't want to retire, EVER!!

Gonna slog it out into his 70s. What a soldier. Let that be a lesson to all those in offices and on building sites complaining about being burnt out in their 50s - lightweights.

Boys and Girls, RTE is full of these dudes.

Folk who allegedly want to suck on the gravy train till well into the seventies.

We have Valerie Cox, Mary Kennedy, Davin -Power et al allegedly not happy to go.

Let’s give the young folk a chance folks.

Boys and Girls, RTE is full of these dudes.

Folk who allegedly want to suck on the gravy train till well into the seventies.

We have Valerie Cox, Mary Kennedy, Davin -Power et al allegedly not happy to go.

Let’s give the young folk a chance folks.

With new Labour laws around ageism, these folk will be able to stick at the job til their dying day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Folk who allegedly want to suck on the gravy train till well into the seventies.We have Valerie Cox, Mary Kennedy, Davin -Power et al allegedly not happy to go.

This really annoys me. They were happy enough to accept the terms and conditions that suit them but then try to retrospectively re-negotiate the parts of those contracts that they now don't like. You signed up for the terms and conditions, you are 65 years old, now get the fu*k out of the building.

This really annoys me. They were happy enough to accept the terms and conditions that suit them but then try to retrospectively re-negotiate the parts of those contracts that they now don't like. You signed up for the terms and conditions, you are 65 years old, now get the fu*k out of the building.

And shut the fuhherking gate after you..........

And shut the fuhherking gate after you..........

How about you wait till you’re 65, lobbed out of the door because on a particular day you are suddenly “too old”. Then see how you feel.

Logan’s Run, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

How about you wait till you’re 65, lobbed out of the door because on a particular day you are suddenly “too old”. Then see how you feel.

Logan’s Run, eh?

I think if you paid me 10-15 times the average industrial in an incredibly tax efficient manner for less than 10 hours “Work” per week from when I was in my 30s until I was 65 I’d find a way to cope......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

They signed up to the terms and conditions and are now reneging on their side of the agreement. These people all have good pensions and would have been paid very well, so it is not like they will be on the breadline on the Monday morning after their 65th birthday. These people want to have their cake and eat it, all at the taxpayers expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

They signed up to the terms and conditions and are now reneging on their side of the agreement. These people all have good pensions and would have been paid very well, so it is not like they will be on the breadline on the Monday morning after their 65th birthday. These people want to have their cake and eat it, all at the taxpayers expense.

Wat colour is de cake?

Logan’s Run, eh?

I won’t be waiting till I’m 65,robert, I will know well in advance what the situation will be and will have taken steps to address issues that are thrown up.

I won’t be sitting on my hoop waving my arms around and expecting the State, ergo the taxpayer ,to pay for my lack of foresight.

Times are changing, people’s lives are changing, kicking the can down the road won’t help anyone.

• Advertisement

I won’t be waiting till I’m 65,robert, I will know well in advance what the situation will be and will have taken steps to address issues that are thrown up.

I won’t be sitting on my hoop waving my arms around and expecting the State, ergo the taxpayer ,to pay for my lack of foresight.

Times are changing, people’s lives are changing, kicking the can down the road won’t help anyone.

Ah well, we’ll see :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement