Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I guess this mornings political climate is intriguing beyond the levels that tubs can handle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I guess this mornings political climate is intriguing beyond the levels that tubs can handle

I'd say he was at home on the couch in his JFK pajamas the whole day.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'd say he was at home on the couch in his JFK pajamas the whole day.

Nope, he was making the arduous journey to Cork for tomorrow's show.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He's meeting Daithi and Maura. "The biggest messers in RTE"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

sligojoek wrote: »
    He's meeting Daithi and Maura. "The biggest messers in RTE"

Did he never hear of Kieran creaven??

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

I wonder will his cousin get a mention on the show tomorrow?

I wonder will his cousin get a mention on the show tomorrow?

I don't think he's related to John O'Donovan........:pac:

Dublin to Cork = Criss crossing the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Applauds RTÉ BIAS...CLAPS SLOWLY

History history history.

• Advertisement

RTE circle jerk.

Turbridy really is like the RTE Royal family. Costs a f**king fortune and goes round every day talking sh1te and shaking hands and contributing f**k all to anything.

Oscars were boring.

I wonder why.

Turbridy really is like the RTE Royal family. Costs a f**king fortune and goes round every day talking sh1te and shaking hands and contributing f**k all to anything.

Hopefully some Prince Andrew-like scandal will end this farce.

“Gay Byrne was vaudeville, an entertainer... modern RTÉ people are journalists....where do you see yourself in that Ryan?”

asks academic guest.

“Somewhere in the middle” mumbles Ryan.

Nowhere say we.

Hopefully some Prince Andrew-like scandal will end this farce.

Are you down there on the couch with Ryan, BS? Do do want to share anything with us? ;)

I was driving this morning on my way to a meeting and listened up to the first song which was Niall Horan :rolleyes:

Talk about a load of self-indulgent RTE is totes amazeballs circle jerk politics and history are cool waffle.

Are you down there on the couch with Ryan, BS? Do do want to share anything with us? ;)

No, not today. I’ve been on that couch, literally so to speak.

I’ve been in Tubs company a few times, he’s as big a tool as you’d imagine from the Radio.

Staying in the Imperial I see, it’s about 500feet (yes, feet) to the RTE Studios from there - no doubt a fleet of limos was hired to shuttle the staff from A to B.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Who was his engaging academic / historian type female guest this morning?

Liked her style!

* Ryans whole World is like a variant of the Truman Show - Nothing he sees around him represents reality as he surrounds himself with congratulatory staff and sycophantic cheerleaders who tell him he's a broadcasting legend.

The guy can't even manage the basics of interviewing, he reads his pre-prepared questions and doesn't even properly listen to his guests answers - let alone develop on their interesting points.

Even more unforgivable he consciously kills serious topics raised by guests to keep the show "light"

You could throw a tennis ball down O'Connell St and odds are you'd hit someone better suited to this role the Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Morgans

The one who turned the piece into a story about how she set up the UCC players who performed a play she wrote and how she loved bespoke stages. Jaysus. Well found by Ryan, who at least got her name wrong when introducing her.

• Advertisement

Pat kenny is where the action is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Who was his engaging academic / historian type female guest this morning?

Liked her style!

* Ryans whole World is like a variant of the Truman Show - Nothing he sees around him represents reality as he surrounds himself with congratulatory staff and sycophantic cheerleaders who tell him he's a broadcasting legend.

The guy can't even manage the basics of interviewing, he reads his pre-prepared questions and doesn't even properly listen to his guests answers - let alone develop on their interesting points.

Even more unforgivable he consciously kills serious topics raised by guests to keep the show "light"

You could throw a tennis ball down O'Connell St and odds are you'd hit someone better suited to this role the Ryan.

But also somehow simultaneously finds a misery aspect in light/most topics!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Pat kenny is where the action is :)

So...Obviously radio interviews these days are completely scripted so guests sit there obligingly and answer their own questions, prepared and submitted by themselves.

The radio hosts job is to pretend its stuff he/she has just thought of asking and the implication is that they're well versed in the topic at hand.

Pat Kenny is the only radio personality I've ever heard to interrupt and contradict his own guests to correct them and argue on points he's reading off his side of the scripted interview - ie. he tries to beat them about the head with their own facts to look smart (?)
    Pat Kenny wrote:
    [*** Interrupts his guest when they're mid-sentence***] "But actually Jonathan, isn't it rather more correct to say that the half-life of Polonium-210 is more accurately stated as 138.39 days?"

That and when he elects to navigate beyond the dullness of common parlance to select and utilise la 'bon mot' with a gay chuckle at his own erudite semantic prowess.

In other words he's a born dickhead, and I'm forever terrified he's going to try and move into my garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

(Probably Fake) Texter: 'Great to see that someone supports the arts degree and that it can lead to great careers"

...because it was Tubridy's second-class degree in Ancient Greek Civilization that got him a 500k salary for the equivalent of a day's work per week.

"I'm a divil for the hand sanitizer"

Yes this is the sort of unpredictable, risk taking, extrovert that we need presenting out flagship entertainment show alright, isn't he?

"I'm a divil for the hand sanitizer"

Yes this is the sort of unpredictable, risk taking, extrovert that we need presenting out flagship entertainment show alright, isn't he?

that's so partridge

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

He’ll need to take bath in it after tomorrow nites late late show.

Chlamydia for everyone in the audience.

I'll give it a few minutes.

Ah, starting mit ze German....dis should be good. Not.

"a veritable literary Mardi Gras"

:rolleyes:

Plug for Super Valu.
    Donuts and all that kinda thing. Boston Creme is Tubs' favourite - Boston, New England, Massachusetts, JFK - it all makes sense.

• Advertisement

Mix Tapes.
    "I have a few from pals". I bet you do:
    81B5fO4QkTL._SS500_.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement