Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

He bought noise cancelling ear plugs for someone else but ended up keeping them himself??? There’s more to that statement than meets the eye (or the ear, even)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Switched off, that ‘gushing’ female ... couldn’t take any more.

He’s really behind the curve in so many, many things. Use of public libraries for one. About people’s response to Covid-19 threat. Imagines one or two people might possibly be buying face masks.

He doesn’t actually live in the real world, does he?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

He’s really behind the curve in so many, many things. Use of public libraries for one. About people’s response to Covid-19 threat. Imagines one or two people might possibly be buying face masks.

He doesn’t actually live in the real world, does he?

You can't buy a face mask in Dublin for love nor money at the moment - all of the medical suplliers have been sold out for weeks, as have Boots etc. And as you know Cat, I'd know about these things so to speak. They come in various shades of blue, green, white, and other colours so to speak before anyone asks. Their efficacy is debatable btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,636 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Does anyone know what the robotic voice says at the start of his shows opening jingle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

SKY Believe in better.?😀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

NIMAN wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the robotic voice says at the start of his shows opening jingle?

"shed some light on what you know" ..

the song is called Secret by Dolorentos.

Because Tubridy sheds light on stuff, presumably :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I was honestly hoping for everybody's sake that he would just step down from the job as Late Late Presenter. While at the helm, he has ensured that the show has been devoid of any spontaneity, any humour, any charm. He's had over ten years, so he's been given way more than chances than he deserved. Time for somebody new, a fresh face.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,463 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

he has ensured that the show has been devoid of any spontaneity, any humour, any charm.

Yes, he'll never be a Pat Kenny!

Just listening to this woman, I'm guessing her husband is dead? Cancer?

Wouldn't be surprised.

• Advertisement

Who is this person? She knows Frank Sinatra, is that the key to the story here?

Yeah Niman, the story is going far too well for an RTE radio show. She's going to be hit by a metaphorical bus on the next page of the story I fear.

Depression.

Talking about him in the past tense. Not looking too good.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Depression. Talking about him in the past tense. Not looking too good.

I'd say Duffy is at home raging that somebody has raided his closet.

God the poor daughter walking in on that.

Where do these presenters get off continually bringing on guests to go over the most difficult things they have ever faced for us to listen to as a way of filling our mornings?

Tubs says I'm sorry when she starts to break down. Here's an idea Ryan, why bring her on at all? I don't need to hear this woman cry. But it appears you and rte do. Ghoulish in the extreme.

I was working last week and my OH told me some woman was on liveline crying about her dead son. She said it was terrible to listen to and she should never have been on the radio. But no, that ghoul Duffy loves it. Revels in it. Sickening.

"Welcome to the fun factory"

You'd never think it listening to that last interview.

sligojoek wrote: »
    "Welcome to the fun factory"

You'd never think it listening to that last interview.

Depends on your definition of fun I suppose.

If you make misery and sad stories such a big part of your radio and tv shows, I'd say tubs actually enjoys these interviews.

A bit of sneering at Trump and his weight, from the king of kind.

Is there a new series of "Deeery Girls" coming out. It got a few mentions yesterday as well.

Books books and book lovingness.

• Advertisement

A "This Is Your Life" for dead people. I can't think of anything more RTE, to be honest.

Nice to see Shane Ross doing his job again. Of course there's rugby involved. Where the f**k has he been since the NCT debacle started?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

A "This Is Your Life" for dead people. I can't think of anything more RTE, to be honest.

An Rte presenter interviewing and former Rte employee about a former Rte presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,049 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Gods Gift wrote: »
    An Rte presenter interviewing and former Rte employee about a former Rte presenter.

Just substitute BBC for RTE and you wouldn't bat an eyelid.
    Happens all the time in the media world.
    The story was the story and it was a good one.

So they are going to have fun somewhere else.

So that's two new things, the show is going to be broadcast from a new premises, and it is also going to be fun. Fair play if he can pull it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,658 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

“Positivity, positivity, positivity!”

(Awaits misery p0rn segment in 30 minutes time)

The famine for a change.

New stamps. Segway to writing letters.

Kindness

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Proceeds to be unkind about the invisible man (woman)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Bonk....ers !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement