Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Why do you malodorous individuals spend your days listening to a radio show you hate?

Because I cant afford drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

Why do you malodorous individuals spend your days listening to a radio show you hate?

No kindness here.
    You seem like a putrid individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Why do you spend your days doing sh*t imitations of Ross O'Carroll-Kelly on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

'Maladorous'? How articulate and verbally grand of thee! My my how Tubs' 'kindness' requests fell on deaf ears in your case. Not enough to reproach ordinary decent boards members who are fully entitled to their dislike of the immensly unlikeable and gratuitously self-entitled, straw-weight Ryan Tubridy, but to add that they somehow stink, or are somehow less human, by dint of your feeble attempts at a grandious put-down with the use of the word 'maladorous.' They can listen to what they want and express freely how they feel here without being admonished by you or your like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

PieOhMy wrote: »
    If your in a position to buy a voucher then you should. Just like if you are in a position to pay your taxes in the spirit of the law you should?

Today's show is sponsored by the Hotel lobby group and the vintners association and the couple of tourist resorts outside of Dublin that Ryan knows/cares about.

Was all the encouragement to go out to bars and restaurants really that appropriate? I'm convinced the VFI put on the rte Christmas parties or something to warrant this propaganda. Why no encouragement to keep going playing 5 aside to support sports facilities or keep going to the cinema to support cinemas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

John.... you pissed off a lot of lads and lassies there with a fairly gentle admonition.

What’s the story there, lot of bile and odium coming your way,and even though you can be a bit of an arrogant lad for a bogtrotter, I was somewhat surprised.

What gives John?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,049 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Was all the encouragement to go out to bars and restaurants really that appropriate? I'm convinced the VFI put on the rte Christmas parties or something to warrant this propaganda. Why no encouragement to keep going playing 5 aside to support sports facilities or keep going to the cinema to support cinemas?

That was Wednesday morning.
    There was no expert advice against going to bars and restaurants then.
    I passed through Dublin Airport that day and they were packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

elperello wrote: »
    That was Wednesday morning.
    There was no expert advice against going to bars and restaurants then.
    I passed through Dublin Airport that day and they were packed.

Does because they were packed mean it's a good idea? Was there no inclination that going to pubs being in close quarters may not be best practice on Wednesday?

It doesnt seem inconceivable given how things played out over the last few months all over the world that encouraging people to go to pubs wasnt a necessary thing to do.

An airport will have a more captive audience who are about to get into an even more confined space imminently but I dont really know what that has to do with anthing really, I may be missing the point there.

Also why just pubs and restaurants getting the encouragement and support? Theres lots of other industries with staff at risk of loosing work over this and my point is that one industry was promoted and this turned out to be a bad thing to do as per expert advice not long afterwards and ran contrary to common sense at the time.

But I suppose the usual sheild of 'kindness' from any reasonable analysis will be used to explain away this bad advise and also to admonish anybody who raises any type of uncomfortable question as being some unkind bully or begrudger.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He'll be in his element tomorrow morning, after that super light hearted LLS.

Kindness will be flowing full tilt.

I’ve stopped listening in; I was getting too frustrated for my own good. I do, however, follow this thread, mainly as it’s addictive. Friends I have spoken to (from a distance of >2 metres, or by phone) have felt able to “come out” about their exasperation listening to the miscellany of home-spun trivia and are also weaning themselves off the programme. Ryan, I tried, but it’s all so lightweight that it’s floated off on its own. Slán abhaile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I’ve stopped listening in; I was getting too frustrated for my own good. I do, however, follow this thread, mainly as it’s addictive. Friends I have spoken to (from a distance of >2 metres, or by phone) have felt able to “come out” about their exasperation listening to the miscellany of home-spun trivia and are also weaning themselves off the programme. Ryan, I tried, but it’s all so lightweight that it’s floated off on its own. Slán abhaile

Thank you for your service, and your kindness in delivering a message of disappointment in the quality of service so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,049 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Does because they were packed mean it's a good idea? Was there no inclination that going to pubs being in close quarters may not be best practice on Wednesday?

It doesnt seem inconceivable given how things played out over the last few months all over the world that encouraging people to go to pubs wasnt a necessary thing to do.

An airport will have a more captive audience who are about to get into an even more confined space imminently but I dont really know what that has to do with anthing really, I may be missing the point there.

Also why just pubs and restaurants getting the encouragement and support? Theres lots of other industries with staff at risk of loosing work over this and my point is that one industry was promoted and this turned out to be a bad thing to do as per expert advice not long afterwards and ran contrary to common sense at the time.

But I suppose the usual sheild of 'kindness' from any reasonable analysis will be used to explain away this bad advise and also to admonish anybody who raises any type of uncomfortable question as being some unkind bully or begrudger.

Well I wouldn't have gone to a pub on Wednesday but I did on Sunday in the UK.

My point was that there was no advice against going to pubs when RT made that suggestion.

I don't know why he did it but I doubt it was to get a few free drinks at Christmas as you suggested.

Don't be so hard on yourself I'm sure nobody thinks you are a bully or a begrudger.

Take care.

I could have typed this re: Da LiveLine.

I stuck with it for a long time, but I couldn't take the misery, the badly educated callers, the host covering one topic for 3 weeks cos it suited him any longer.....just had to stop.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I could have typed this re: Da LiveLine.

I stuck with it for a long time, but I couldn't take the misery, the badly educated callers, the host covering one topic for 3 weeks cos it suited him any longer.....just had to stop.

Well, that’s next on my list! Lead the way, NIMAN!

Kinda reminds me of this (with apologies to Arlo Guthrie)

You know, if one person, just one person, does it, they may think he's
    Really sick and they won't take him

And if two people do it, in harmony, they may think they're both ******s and
    They won't take either of them

And if three people do it! Can you imagine three people walkin' in, singin'
    A bar of "Alice's Restaurant" and walkin' out? They may think it's an
    Organization!

And can you imagine fifty people a day? I said FIFTY people a day
    Walkin' in, singin' a bar of "Alice's Restaurant" and walkin' out? Friends
    They may think it's a Movement, and that's what it is THE Alices's
    Restaurant anti-massacre movement! And all you gotta do to join is to
    Sing it the next time it comes around on the guitar

And then we will all be saved

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

John.... you pissed off a lot of lads and lassies there with a fairly gentle admonition.

What’s the story there, lot of bile and odium coming your way,and even though you can be a bit of an arrogant lad for a bogtrotter, I was somewhat surprised.

What gives John?

Umm...me too...seems to this poster that a lot of Dudes have been waiting in the long grass to "have a cut" at the the Flash fella.

Can be an arrogant smart ar$e kernt for sure but didn't warrant this level of bile and abuse .

Cool down dudes ....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,506 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Umm...me too...seems to this poster that a lot of Dudes have been waiting in the long grass to "have a cut" at the the Flash fella.

Can be an arrogant smart ar$e kernt for sure but didn't warrant this level of bile and abuse .

Cool down dudes ....

Ssssssteady up now Nevin, folk are a bit jumpy these days.

We may attract some level abuse for having maybe ‘took a cut’ at poor John ourselves.

I’ll hold up my hand and apologise anyway, personal abuse isn’t taken too well here,

Sorry John, no malice intended.

“ In troubled times a lad sat down
    Blocked up the throne with shade
    Spooled up, and shat a clump of logs
    And a solid cabin made”

He struggled up, surveyed the load
    Inhaled the the cloying fentt
    A thicker bang you could not get
    From a crustie’s Achill tent.

A solid blowout that’s for sure
    Could earn a lot of cash
    It would outstink and well outgirth
    The best from Johnny Flash.

©️M Arnold Prof.Lit. Kings College.Cam,M.lit Balliol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

In these difficult times, I want you all to remember.

528d25e0-7510-4b77-915f-31b2ac110396.png

Be Kind Out There.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Everything is nice and fluffy and gorgeous.

Obligatory LLS mention.

• Advertisement

Obligatory LLS mention.

His slapping/lapping at the end of sentences is getting worse......once you hear it you can't unhear it.

Take a few more breaths please Ryan, talk slightly less.

Put a candle in the window. That'll solve everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

A candle in Una Mullally's window? I'd doubt any man would feel comfortable in her company.

A candle in Una Mullally's window? I'd doubt any man would feel comfortable in her company.

More dangerous to white men then the Coronavirus, so to speak.

It's certainly not a white candle.

Coln Mac Con Iomra. RTE's latest pet.

Lottie Ryan. That'll be me gone.

Lottie?

I'm out.

More dangerous to white men then the Coronavirus, so to speak.

White middle aged men especially

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Coln Mac Con Iomra. RTE's latest pet.

Lottie Ryan. That'll be me gone.
    NIMAN wrote: »
    Lottie?

I'm out.

I have a break, I'm going to listen for the car cvrash and fawning that's about to ensue....so to speak.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement