Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

you would think it was great too if you were on 500k a year to bore a few thousand people telling them what book to read.

refers to last part of #3748 sorry

Yeah, but which saves more lives for that money? A Hospital Consultant and a team of nurses - or Tubbs?

Go to 2:43 - if RTE were fashion designers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

So Tubridy has been inspired by none other than Jon Bon Jovi, who has been giving songwriting talks to school kids online.

He loves this idea so much that he has offered to grace Irish schools with his virtual presence, "to talk about books and reading and stuff".

Wonder will he do it wearing spandex and a (self-styled, no-assistance-required) perm in honour of his newfound hero?

Tubridy and Bon Jovi - absolute legends of their games!!

Forgot this from this morning - he also played Rainbow’s “Since You’ve Been Gone” and said something like he’d never heard it before hearing it on a documentary this week. How could you get to 47 living in Ireland and not have heard that song before?

Extra: this is the song, like seriously - even if you hated the genre, how could you not have heard this?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Forgot this from this morning - he also played Rainbow’s “Since You’ve Been Gone” and said something like he’d be we heard it before hearing it on a documentary this week. How could you get to 47 living in Ireland and not have heard that song before?

So you're a Rainbow fan now, Father.

One of the first singles I bought. Incidentally Ritchie Blackmore was 75 yesterday.

A story he co-wrote with his daughter for childerden about jelly babies

• Advertisement

A list for Santa. Toy show mention incoming

sligojoek wrote: »
    A list for Santa. Toy show mention incoming

Email: toyman@rte.ie

Please tell me that's a joke?
    Please..........

Please tell me that's a joke?
    Please..........

An attempt at a joke..

An attempt at a joke..

You'll have given him/RTE an idea now. If they run with this the balme is entirely on you Robert - I hope you can live with yuorself after this.

:pac:

• Advertisement

Make sure you have a bucket ready to puke into if you click this link and read the article:

"Going the extra mile to keep viewers entertained, he tells us on his show that he bought the tripod for his phone for €20 and set it up himself!"

The lengths he goes to for the Irish people really are unprecedented.

When he's not brushing his own hair, he's setting up his own phone.

Never has one man done so much for so many!!

‘The Amazing Adventures of Jelly Baby’, tells the story of ‘Jellia’, a ‘kind child who was born into the body of a jelly person’.

Enough said.

Enough said.

Was the kind child gender neutral or gender fluid?

I despair. I’ve stopped listening but haven’t been able to wean myself off the thread. I need help.

I say I’ve stopped listening but I did hear a bit of today’s epic show on the way back from a shopping trip. He talked about having “pals”. It sounds so ridiculously childish for a grown man.

He was talking to some poor girl stuck on a ship in Sydney Harbour. At the end of that piece he said, “now we’re friends....”. For pity’s sake, you’re not friends. You interviewed her (in your own inimitable style) on a radio programme.

I remember once, years ago, being interviewed by Eamonn Dunphy. Pleasant enough fella, but at the end of it, he and I hadn’t become friends. Maybe it’s just me

Tubridy wasn't calling Dunphy his pal after their LLS interview either!

This may have something to do with Dunphy bringing up the subject of Lilly's Bordello, the Toyman, and cocaine.:D

Was the kind child gender neutral or gender fluid?

Gender Jelly. Wobbles over and back.

Piles of letters and postcards upstairs.

I hope they've been disinfected.

2fm presenters.

Great eggs.

Former LLS guest

BINGO

• Advertisement

Oh I’ve fallen off the wagon and am listening. It is the mindless babbling and random thoughts that drive me to drink. We’ve segued into death, mentioned Live Line, and general disconnected jottings. Totally meaningless stuff

Actually, I googled “babbling”. It’s totally describes it

the action or fact of talking rapidly and continuously in a foolish, excited, or incomprehensible way.

Wiki is even more pertinent (first para)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babbling

Right, I have got that off my chest, and am going to change channels now

Oh I’ve fallen off the wagon and am listening. It is the mindless babbling and random thoughts that drive me to drink. We’ve segued into death, mentioned Live Line, and general disconnected jottings. Totally meaningless stuff

Actually, I googled “babbling”. It’s totally describes it

the action or fact of talking rapidly and continuously in a foolish, excited, or incomprehensible way.

Wiki is even more pertinent (first para)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babbling

Right, I have got that off my chest, and am going to change channels now

Bonkers bonkers bonkers

2fm presenters.

Great eggs.

Woke McDermott being one of them, and godchild of Ian Dempsey and "influencer" Doireann Garrihy being the other. There's a lot of words I could use to describe them, but "great eggs" would not make my list.

... It is the mindless babbling and random thoughts that drive me to drink...

I imagine he spent most of the hour 25 mins babbling about the virus: lockdown, healthcare workers, a mean person he saw coughing, how to mind your neighbour, a cosy Zoom pint with pals. Bull**** central.

In the early stages of the pandemic he did a predictable virus-free show the way he tends to when there's something big in the news e.g. "we're going to gift you an election-free hour of radio. I'm awaiting your hand-written letters of praise!" .

But he quickly realised the kindness mileage and general waffle potential offered by COVID. Since then every show has been primarily made up of virus waffle, including the Late Late.

He's still thrilled by the whole thing, especially the prospect of giving condescending 'advice' to people as if he were their primary school teacher.

He really needs to shut the f*ck up completely about the virus for a good long while.

And sure while I'm ranting, he also needs to learn how to pronounce the letter 'Y'.

It's "worrying" not "worring".

It's "anyway" not "en-way"

For someone so desperate to appear articulate, he has some serious pronunciation issues.

He really needs to shut the f*ck up completely.

FYP.

Question to a guest earlier.

Did you have a special teacher? A Mr Chips or Oh Captain, my Captain kinda guy?

Question to a guest earlier.

Did you have a special teacher? A Mr Chips or Oh Captain, my Captain kinda guy?

Sweet suffering jaysus.

He has his daughter working in the family company business now. That was predictable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭robo

He has his daughter working in the family company business now. That was predictable.

Cos no other parent has their children working for them :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement