Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Tubs playing Kanye......but it’s his dream wannabe song....American Boy.

Then butchers the pronunciation of Kanye.
    Then says it’s feat. Estelle, when it’s actually Estelle feat. Kanye.
    Then mentions vanilla sponge cake and Enid Blyton.
    I’m out before the kindness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Tubs playing Kanye......but it’s his dream wannabe song....American Boy.

Talking about New York now! A busy buzzing and bonkers city!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Ask about Building 7

Ask about Building 7

I lol'ed at that. Thanks Gerry!

• Advertisement

Meanwhile in Trumpland:

"CHI-nuh"

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Talking about New York now! A busy buzzing and bonkers city!

Yeah, it's an amazing city - and even more amazing when RTE fly you there business class and put you up in a 5 star hotel for 2 weeks to record a 30second promo for a Late Late Show Competition Promo in several months.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,658 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Oh god, Ryan is about to paint the walls white with this Clinton praise.

Clinton is amazing now.

Oh god, Ryan is about to paint the walls white with this Clinton praise.

The Jizzatron 2000 is warming up for explosive release shortly.

Will he ask about Trump's best quality?

• Advertisement

Did you manage to dissuade Bill Clinton from doing anything immoral?

Authenticity and being true to yourelf are very important in politics.
    I'm no fan of Trump's, but can anyone say he's not being himself?

Did you manage to dissuade Bill Clinton from doing anything immoral?

Did you ever give him a hand?

I just google the author Evy Poumpouras. She looks more like a model than a Secret Service Agent.
    EW4gNTTXgAMIUne.jpg

RTE's are such hypocrites with regard to the Clinton's and their fawning all over both of them is nauseating. No mention of the #MeToo movement when they are talking about Bill for sure. No #IBelieveHer for Paula Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,741 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Both Clinton and Kennedy were similar in that they suffered from a condition where they couldn't keep their trousers on for extended periods of time.. I wonder is this at the root of the man child's adulation and childlike praise of them similar to the geeky lad hangin around with the cool jock who gets all the girls at school that we see in all the Yank teen films. A kind of a man crush of sorts

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

He did say her husband can explain time differences and jet lag to her?

Both Clinton and Kennedy were similar in that they suffered from a condition where they couldn't keep their trousers on for extended periods of time.. I wonder is this at the root of the man child's adulation and childlike praise of them similar to the geeky lad hangin around with the cool jock who gets all the girls at school that we see in all the Yank teen films. A kind of a man crush of sorts

Bizzarly not! It was stated before that topics like the womanizing and assassination conspiracy (aka interesting topics) are NOT what he is concerned with regarding JFK

He did say her husband can explain time differences and jet lag to her?

Yup, you can imagine a Secret Service assigned to protect the POTUS wouldn't be familair with such concepts. :rolleyes:

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Bizzarly not! It was stated before that topics like the womanizing and assassination conspiracy (aka interesting topics) are NOT what he is concerned with regarding JFK

Was that today, or was this something he discussed in the past? I rejoined half way through his conversation with the Secret Service lady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Was that today, or was this something he discussed in the past? I rejoined half way through his conversation with the Secret Service lady.

Garry glitter had some great songs sort of situation :)

It was in the past, I think I read it as a quote somewhere along the line rather than heard it on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭fran38

Driving from Galway to Co Clare this morning, I had the radio on. My radio is goosed, i can only pick up RTE radio 1. I turned it on during the special agent interview but had to turn it off when the Hillary fawning began. I turned it back on after 10/15 minutes only to hear man child Tubs revelling in Matt Lucas lampooning Boris Johnson. Why should Rte highlight another countrys C19 **** up when its own country has a similar record? Radio was switched off for the duration home. Bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,741 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

fran38 wrote: »
    Driving from Galway to Co Clare this morning, I had the radio on. My radio is goosed, i can only pick up RTE radio 1. I turned it on during the special agent interview but had to turn it off when the Hillary fawning began. I turned it back on after 10/15 minutes only to hear man child Tubs revelling in Matt Lucas lampooning Boris Johnson. Why should Rte highlight another countrys C19 **** up when its own country has a similar record? Radio was switched off for the duration home. Bliss!

Seems to be the way here.. Oh look over there Boris bad man.. Trump bad bad man while they pull the green Jersey over their heads covering their eyes

Hours upon hours of mediocre broadcasting, instantly made up for by playing ‘Together In Electric Dreams’!

:)

I thought it was funny when he said that one of the things that he hated was when the Late Late Show staff had to remove the chewing gum from the backs of the seats in the studio after the show. I think if there was anything that indicated the level of esteem in which his show is held, this would be it.

Caller: “She has Down’s Syndrome.”

Ryan: “Great!”

Normal service is resumed. :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Hours upon hours of mediocre broadcasting, instantly made up for by playing ‘Together In Electric Dreams’!

:)

You're being kind.

And we like that around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I thought it was funny when he said that one of the things that he hated was when the Late Late Show staff had to remove the chewing gum from the backs of the seats in the studio after the show. I think if there was anything that indicated the level of esteem in which his show is held, this would be it.

A strange form of masochism to apply for tickets, get dressed up, travel out to Montrose and sit through a show you don't like so you can display your dislike by sticking gum on a seat back.

Could be a whole new trend for some on here when restrictions are lifted and audiences are reinstated :).

• Advertisement

elperello wrote: »
    A strange form of masochism to apply for tickets, get dressed up, travel out to Montrose and sit through a show you don't like so you can display your dislike by sticking gum on a seat back.

Could be a whole new trend for some on here when restrictions are lifted and audiences are reinstated :).

Some people go to do this:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement