Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,659 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Some people go to do this:

You can’t beat...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"The heroic work of the girls in the RTE newsroom"

Doing the same job they always do.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

sligojoek wrote: »

The word heroes is bandied around so easily these days.

Not all heroes use microphones

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Not all heroes use microphones

No, but only super duper heroes get "the thing".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

And getting a good hefty wedge for it too......

What about the heroic work of the boys in the RTE newsroom?

Not all heroes wear skirts.

What about the heroic work of the boys in the RTE newsroom?

Not all heroes wear skirts.

All men are bad in 2020 don’t you know?

Trivial Pursuit, lovely letters and jigsaws.

Very irritating the way he doesn't finish his words. Is it supposed to be edgy or what?

• Advertisement

I’ve broken my vow not to listen having heard the start in the car. What is he on? Blatant adverts for shops that send him things, or give him candles on the street; bemoaning the fact that kids in crèches won’t be able to take their blankies in with them, probably undermining health care professionals in the doing - “don’t worry kids, we have your backs”; now he’s blasting out some maniacal kid on a tin whistle. €500k a year!

Plus he’s got a surprise announcement sometime.

6/4 on it’s the telethon will be on a LLS in mid June

100/1 he’s got a job with the BBC

Save me!

I’ve broken my vow not to listen having heard the start in the car. What is he on? Blatant adverts for shops that send him things, or give him candles on the street; bemoaning the fact that kids in crèches won’t be able to take their blankies in with them, probably undermining health care professionals in the doing - “don’t worry kids, we have your backs”; now he’s blasting out some maniacal kid on a tin whistle. €500k a year!

Save me!

What’s he on today? Very hyper and giddy altogether. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

I think he's excited Francis Brennan is on tonight's LLS, and he hasn't talked to him in a while.

Or maybe he found his old blanky.

Save me!

Not listening but I'm betting it'll be a Toy Show on the last LL of the season. Or something BONKERS like that.

Dressed up as a way to bring cheer to chldren and promote Irish toy shops - and we alll feel greeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaat about thaaaaat!

screenshot000.png5D20F408-6BBA-45CD-8B8E-F28F0439EC5AZoom.jpg

A colleague just told me that uber-tosser and professional "look at me" artist Woke McDermott is going to shave his beard or his head (she wasn't sure) for charity on De LL tonight? I might watch for that alone.

xEoghan%20McDermott.jpg

As for this kerazy pose and "ensemble", well I think it speaks for itself:
    2FMNSLMAY2019_18.jpg

I'd personally give a grand to whatever charity he wants if he shaves TWAT into the back of his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/ryan-tubridys-ex-hits-out-22029000.amp

She is a mean person. And certainly too clever for Ryan maybe he bit off more than he could chew.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/ryan-tubridys-ex-hits-out-22029000.amp

She is a mean person. And certainly too clever for Ryan maybe he bit off more than he could chew.

Two things about that article:
    1. Bryan Tubridy's humblebragging about him being "good at words" :rolleyes:
    2. Like Mr. Duffy, his lack of prowess at de auld Matty Matticks certainly hasn't stopped him commanding enormous (and grotesque) fees from RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

... Blatant adverts for shops that send him things...

Was thinking this. He mentioned three gifts he received in the 40 minutes of radio he did today.

I wonder if he gives these little bribes to charities or something. I doubt it though because he'd be boasting like f*ck about it if that were the case.

Not a hope, what with all his Brit-bashing. He was gloating again yesterday about 'the thing' in the UK. Told himself off then for being 'mean', so that's grand obviously. The veil of kindness slips again.

PieOhMy wrote: »

He really was punching above his weight there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Brian Scan wrote: »
    I think he's excited Francis Brennan is on tonight's LLS, and he hasn't talked to him in a while.

Or maybe he found his old blanky.

Is it my imagination that Francis Brennan is on the LLS several times a year? Certainly seems like it. Just what exactly does he bring to the table that we've not heard a million times before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I wouldn't mind a hike in the license fee if it meant offering cash to the BBC to take him off our hands.

NIMAN wrote: »
    He really was punching above his weight there.

So......I'll let ye all in on a secret.

There's this thing called "The List" that is in the hands of certain "Model" Agencies in this city. This list contains the names of all high-profile single men in their 20s and 30s from sporting, acting, tv, show business, business etc. fields. The list evolves ovber time naturally. The young "models" are "enouraged" to date these eligible bachelors with a view to boosting their own profile, and in turn, garner more work on the back of same. There's a quid pro quo to these arrangements...you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out what that is. It's amazing how many of our rugby stars date models for example - no matter how attractive or unattractive said rugby stars happen to be.

I PROMISE YOU ALL I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP.

Today he ironically said that he sometimes gives himself a pain in the @rse or words to that effect. What does he think he does to many of the rest of us?

There's this thing called "The List" that is in the hands of certain "Model" Agencies in this city. This list contains the names of all high-profile single men in their 20s and 30s from sporting, acting, tv, show business, business etc. fields. The list evolves ovber time naturally. The young "models" are "enouraged" to date these eligible bachelors with a view to boosting their own profile, and in turn, garner more work on the back of same. There's a quid pro quo to these arrangements...you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out what that is. It's amazing how many of our rugby stars date models for example - no matter how attractive or unattractive said rugby stars happen to be.

Does a Mr Kelly have dis list to hand?

So she stuck with him for 5 full years just to better her career?
    I think in this case THE LIST doesn't apply.

She was in the Rose of Tralee iirc.
    And it appears she was super smart so was always going to have a career in maths anyway.

Or perhaps you are hinting she got a better job because she was dating Tubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Seamai wrote: »
    Is it my imagination that Francis Brennan is on the LLS several times a year? Certainly seems like it. Just what exactly does he bring to the table that we've not heard a million times before.

Not being Dermot Bannon; that's what he brings to the table. :D

Brennan, Bannon, Pat Shortt and a few others are members of the self-congratulatory w*nk circle who just get hoofed from one studio to another.

It's pretty egotistical to expect people to be entertained week-in, week-out by their little office chats.

some funny stats
    https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/5000288/dermot-bannon-repeat-rte-guests/

Looks like McDermott is doing his damnedest to get on the list, too. Shaving off his Picture This quiff for charity. His bravery and selflessness knows no bounds!

I wonder will the Carters be doing the barbering again.

Looks like McDermott is doing his damnedest to get on the list, too. Shaving off his Picture This quiff for charity. His bravery and selflessness knows no bounds!

Hopefully this guy is available tonight:

NIMAN wrote: »
    So she stuck with him for 5 full years just to better her career?
    I think in this case THE LIST doesn't apply.

She was in the Rose of Tralee iirc.
    And it appears she was super smart so was always going to have a career in maths anyway.

Or perhaps you are hinting she got a better job because she was dating Tubs?

I'm not saying anything caller. I'm just giving you some insider knowledge so to speak as they say.

Remember Laura Toogood? Google is your friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Not being Dermot Bannon; that's what he brings to the table. :D

Brennan, Bannon, Pat Shortt and a few others are members of the self-congratulatory w*nk circle who just get hoofed from one studio to another.

It's pretty egotistical to expect people to be entertained week-in, week-out by their little office chats.

some funny stats
    https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/5000288/dermot-bannon-repeat-rte-guests/

I'd include the ballymaloe crew in that circle too.. Maybe they have some dirt on someone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement