Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I'm not saying anything caller. I'm just giving you some insider knowledge so to speak as they say.

Remember Laura Toogood? Google is your friend.

Good friend of Yvonne Innertube wasn’t she?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I'd include the ballymaloe crew in that circle too.. Maybe they have some dirt on someone

The same Ballymaloe family that Tim Allen, convicted pedophile, is part of? Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

The same Ballymaloe family that Tim Allen, convicted pedophile, is part of? Maybe.

Or the convicted drug dealer grandson?

buy irish though.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭bossdrum

NIMAN wrote: »
    So she stuck with him for 5 full years just to better her career?
    I think in this case THE LIST doesn't apply.

She was in the Rose of Tralee iirc.
    And it appears she was super smart so was always going to have a career in maths anyway.

Or perhaps you are hinting she got a better job because she was dating Tubs?

Don't forget she presented a travel show on RTE back then and also a music programme after that.

A quote from the independent.ie from a few years ago about her relationship with Tubridy:

"As their relationship progressed, so did her television career – Aoibhinn was appearing on Celebrity Bainisteoir, travel show Getaways and hosting a Sunday radio show on RTE Radio One Aoibhinn & Company."

https://www.independent.ie/style/voices/aoibhinn-ni-shuilleabhain-has-mastered-the-art-of-privacy-and-you-have-to-respect-her-for-it-35993585.html

• Advertisement

Maybe she was on the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Herself and John Creedon did a great job on the Sligo Fleadh TG4 thing a few years ago. I don't think I've seen or heard of her since.

Probably at home minding her own business till some tool from a redtop rang her to comment on Tubbs.

Misery

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

sligojoek wrote: »
    Misery

That's not very kind of you really is it? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Have the radio on here, why does Tubridy talk about things as if he's discovered them and we should all be in debt to him for enlightening us?
    He reminds me of a cocky teenager who says things just to impress.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Have the clocks gone backward in RTE or am I losing my mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

22nd of May.

Tubbs mentioning the late late toy show.

Ffs!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭amlinopta

A covid-friendly toy show. With lots of loving. Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,659 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ryan swiftly moves the conversation away from the topic of studying maths in school. :pac:

Don’t want the wrath of Aoibhinn again :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Question from Sean in clontart aged 7.

Hi David, are you gay?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Uncharted wrote: »
    22nd of May.

Tubbs mentioning the late late toy show.

Ffs!!!!!!

Self promotion and keeping yourself relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,659 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

“If you want more death Layla, don’t forget to tune into tonight’s Late Late Show.”

amlinopta wrote: »
    A covid-friendly toy show. With lots of loving. Jaysus.

"covid-friendly" :confused:

I doubt even he knows what he's talking about half the time.

"While I have my Toy Show hat on...". Ugh. Does it ever come off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Why don't rte just give the manchild a few grand to do the toyshow every year and leave it at that it's about all he's good for and leave the radio show to a proper presenter though it may be hard to find one who hasn't succumbed to the pc virus that seems to infect them all once they step accross the threshold at montrose. It would be nice to hear someone with a bit of balls on the radio from time to time even if we don't agree with them. It's all on the one frequency nowadays nothing but a dull drone where every word and opinion has been cleared for broadcast by the ministry of information pc brigade

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Why don't rte just give the manchild a few grand to do the toyshow every year and leave it at that it's about all he's good for and leave the radio show to a proper presenter though it may be hard to find one who hasn't succumbed to the pc virus that seems to infect them all once they step accross the threshold at montrose. It would be nice to hear someone with a bit of balls on the radio from time to time even if we don't agree with them. It's all on the one frequency nowadays nothing but a dull drone where every word and opinion has been cleared for broadcast by the ministry of information pc brigade

Unfortunately if you don't do that ..you risk getting a stiff letter from the lads in the striped breeks and dusty hairpieces...inviting you to a little get together in the courts of justice.

Just sayin.......like ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

[/B]

Unfortunately if you don't do that ..you risk getting a stiff letter from the lads in the striped breeks and dusty hairpieces...inviting you to a little get together in the courts of justice.

Just sayin.......like ...

Tis worse than I thought so

This morning's first 20minutes in summation:
    Kindness
    Books
    Jigsaws
    Late Late Show recap on last Friday's show
    Plug for this Friday's Show
    Charirty plugs and donations
    Reminder that it's the last LL show of the season this Friday
    Bryan reminding us he's taking some time off next week to recoupperate after a gruelling 8 hours this week but says he will be here for most of the summer - unlike de hardest wurkin' wurkin' class man wit de wurkin' class wurk ettic and dat Mr. Duffy who'll "be here all summer" :rolleyes:
    Several references to the Toy Show and "the Toyman" (it's May FFS)
    Plugs for Irish family businesses
    Over-excitedness and giddyness about incredibly mundane things
    Lots of irrelevant minor things that ended with the sentence "and we're all very happy about that"

For a many who claim he's a "man of words" and boasts incessantly about how much he reads, he really has a very limited vocabulary.

Im lucky to have missed all that. Turned over and heard a mother of a child with cancer.

CLICK

Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

LLS. Next Fri.... Saoirse Ronan ...Colin Far.................Bang!!!!!

That’s the Brenner gonzo....

LLS. Next Fri.... Saoirse Ronan ...Colin Far.................Bang!!!!!

That’s the Brenner gonzo....

Apologies, I forgot to mention Saoirse Ronan and Colin Fard-del; but a mention of Ronan is seemingly compulsory on the show so you knew that was there anyway.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

He should be banned from saying KINDNESS, that Ellen cnut started that BS.

Funny how it's ok to take the piss out of people on social media when it suits him.

That fake laughing mid sentence is so obvious it's nauseating

That cross breeding of dogs to be trophies is sickening.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    That fake laughing mid sentence is so obvious it's nauseating

A very irritating trait alright, one also practiced by Mr. Duffy so to speak as they say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement