Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

this show is so pointless, Its Ryan Tubridy must have a radio show because he is Ryan Tubridy, it doesn't have any other function.

Pretty accurate summation to be fair.

He cocooned for the past 10 days. Pity he un-cocooned

Let me guess....with books, jigsaws, cake, and lashings and lashings of lemonade!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Change the station lads. Not much point listening to a show you hate presented by a dude you despise. That’s a complete waste of your time. Plenty of choice out there.

Change the station lads. Not much point listening to a show you hate presented by a dude you despise. That’s a complete waste of your time. Plenty of choice out there.

I like listening to embarrasing car crash radio. It's my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I like listening to embarrasing car crash radio. It's my choice.

That’s fair enough. It is an odd thing to do though. So much choice in the world and that’s how you choose to spend your hour in the morning. I suppose I just don’t get it is all.

• Advertisement

That’s fair enough. It is an odd thing to do though. So much choice in the world and that’s how you choose to spend your hour in the morning. I suppose I just don’t get it is all.

Ah you get a few who move between The Tubridy/Darcy/Duffy theads..No serious discussion.I think they listen to whinge about presenters..Like you,I dont get it..But thats life I guess..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Such is the rich tapestry of life

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Nicky88

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Such is the rich tapestry of life
    Deleted - mod

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

I suppose I just don’t get it is all.

Wow
    Nicky88 wrote: »
    Deleted - mod

You can't say That!

I'd wager I listen to a lot more podcasts and radio than almost anyone on boards tbh, my post count would be reflective of this. Tubs is not really ever by choice, it's on in the background at work.
    Ah you get a few who move between The Tubridy/Darcy/Duffy theads..No serious discussion.I think they listen to whinge about presenters..Like you,I dont get it..But thats life I guess..

Not entirely true. I have penned many long-form pieces on Duffy in particular critiquing the show on boards. I have also repeatedly written to RTE and the BAI re. how the host has chosen to cover various topics on the show over the years,and how he has over-stepped the mark and shown clear and unambiguous bias and been incredibly unprofessional on many occasions. I have asked one of the show's Producers (on boards btw but I won't reveal his username) to debate the "standards" (or rather lack thereof) of the show with me, promising that I would only to stick to the facts and not engage in any slagging or mockery etc. That producer has refused to do so.

Do I slag Mr. Duffy? Yes, it's impossible not to given his output and outrageous fee arrangement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

radios have of habit of being on even if you didn't choose them to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

I have penned many long-form pieces on Duffy in particular critiquing the show on boards. I have also repeatedly written to RTE and the BAI re. how the host has chosen to cover various topics on the show over the years,and how he has over-stepped the mark and shown clear and unambiguous bias and been incredibly unprofessional on many occasions. I have asked one of the show's Producers (on boards btw but I won't reveal his username) to debate the "standards" (or rather lack thereof) of the show with me, promising that I would only to stick to the facts and not engage in any slagging or mockery etc. That producer has refused to do so.

Do I slag Mr. Duffy? Yes, it's impossible not to given his output and outrageous fee arrangement.

The radio thread's very own Emile Zola.

Brian Scan wrote: »
    The radio thread's very own Emile Zola.

Quite the compliment coming from the radio thread’s own Ivan Calorie.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RCK1

Exactly just looking for a whine and moan!! No proper discussion. I'm actually going to leave the radio thread.

I dislike the Kardashian family finding them very superficial but I don't go out of my way to constantly berate them on a discussion about them on a online fourm!! If they happened to come on I change it to something else. Amazing that ability to do that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

This “toy-man” rubbish he goes on with ...

Firstly I don’t believe children actually spontaneously call him that.

Each year when it rolls around My own kids *hate* the amount of time and attention he as the center of attention presenter takes from actually showing toys on the toy show.

It’s become the “amnt I great” show and not the toy show

RCK1 wrote: »
    Exactly just looking for a whine and moan!! No proper discussion. I'm actually going to leave the radio thread.

I dislike the Kardashian family finding them very superficial but I don't go out of my way to constantly berate them on a discussion about them on a online fourm!! If they happened to come on I change it to something else. Amazing that ability to do that!!

Do you have the amazing ability to just go without making a big song or a dance or do you seek out a kardashian forum and announce that you are not commenting there either?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RCK1

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Do you have the amazing ability to just go without making a big song or a dance or do you seek out a kardashian forum and announce that you are not commenting there either?

Missing the point on subject cyclical nonsense moaning for the sake of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

anything to say about the show? you can make a positive comment on it if you like. Give a bit of balance.

or are you just moaning about the thread for the sake of it?

Not answering my question for the sake of avoiding it?

From what I've seen there is plenty moaning about whatever nonsense is broadcast, plenty praise whenever something is done well and any hyprocrital and idioic gibberish is challenged when someone feels it has been broadcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This “toy-man” rubbish he goes on with ...

Firstly I don’t believe children actually spontaneously call him that.

Each year when it rolls around My own kids *hate* the amount of time and attention he as the center of attention presenter takes from actually showing toys on the toy show.

It’s become the “amnt I great” show and not the toy show

That and the amount of talent contest stuff.

My own kids have been saying this for a couple of years, too much singing not enough toys..

• Advertisement

I assume these new visitors to the thread fail to see the irony in them taking the time to visit the thread to moan about something they don't like - in this case other people taking the time to come to the thread to "moan" about something they don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

NIMAN wrote: »
    That and the amount of talent contest stuff.

My own kids have been saying this for a couple of years, too much singing not enough toys..

Totally - my kids ask can we fast forward through the talent show segments !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

radios are often on in places where you don't get to choose whats on the radio and you need to be in that room

• Registered Users Posts: 15,053 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Comedy gold there today with the quiz.

No particular credit to anyone, it just happened.

Well worth a listen back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭maebee

elperello wrote: »
    Comedy gold there today with the quiz.

No particular credit to anyone, it just happened.

Well worth a listen back.

I was listening to it on the way home from viewing AN225 at Shannon. I nearly crashed the car :). It's right up there with Larry Gogan's "Name a bird with a long neck" - caller answers "Naoimi Campbell".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Was Bryan at the helm today?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

maebee wrote: »
    I was listening to it on the way home from viewing AN225 at Shannon. I nearly crashed the car :). It's right up there with Larry Gogan's "Name a bird with a long neck" - caller answers "Naoimi Campbell".

Lad relied on the ‘auld Dub’ tactic-throw the hands up in the air and hope the ‘antagonist’ will take pity on them.

You know the type.

Gimp parks the slab in the same no parking place every day of the week and when he is finally caught goes...”Jaysus man, never knew this was a no parking area,terrible sorry man”

Never occur to the churn to wonder why the area was nearly always vacant.

Glad he won the prize though.

Are you on drugs, Brenner?

No Brian...Well yes...it’s Friday.

Can you not dissect the little nuances of the post, the tactics the ‘auld Dub’ uses to try to seem as the ‘auld ghillie’ whilst ignoring regulations and coming the ‘auld soldier’.

Do you know what coming the ‘auld soldier’ means.

Take your time and have a review of the post and if you have any need for further explanation, I will gladly educate you.

You can’t just shunt out dust dry posts all the time, dude.

Need to, y’know, spice things up.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Lad relied on the ‘auld Dub’ tactic-throw the hands up in the air and hope the ‘antagonist’ will take pity on them.

You know the type.

Gimp parks the slab in the same no parking place every day of the week and when he is finally caught goes...”Jaysus man, never knew this was a no parking area,terrible sorry man”

Never occur to the churn to wonder why the area was nearly always vacant.

Glad he won the prize though.
    No Brian...Well yes...it’s Friday.

Can you not dissect the little nuances of the post, the tactics the ‘auld Dub’ uses to try to seem as the ‘auld ghillie’ whilst ignoring regulations and coming the ‘auld soldier’.

Do you know what coming the ‘auld soldier’ means.

Take your time and have a review of the post and if you have any need for further explanation, I will gladly educate you.

You can’t just shunt out dust dry posts all the time, dude.

Need to, y’know, spice things up.;)

Apologies. Had just deleted my post when I saw your reply.

The whimsical nature of the post I replied to made me laugh out loud and I had wanted to acknowledge that.'

• Advertisement

Apologies. Had just deleted my post when I saw your reply.

The whimsical nature of the post I replied to made me laugh out loud and I had wanted to acknowledge that.'

That’s the idea B.

Glad I gave you a bit of a laugh, mixed in with some sense, hopefully.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement